Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I love Twitter:

Willie Anderson: This Cam firing has been brewing for 2 years now
    Willie on WNST now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Give me a break. Cameron has a ton of $$$, and he gets paid for his time remaining on his contract.
    How many more years is Cam signed for?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm just still wondering why it's being done now. What happened yesterday that set this in motion? I guess we may never know? I can't look at that game yesterday and point to any one thing and say that is the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. If the performances in Houston, in Pittsburgh, in San Diego, etc, weren't enough to get him fired then, why yesterday when they scored 28 points? Something must have happened during the game, halftime, behind the scenes, that we don't know about.
    it has been just the accumulation of things.

Offensive lulls. Inconsistency. Been that way for a long time.

Two tough losses exaggerate the issue, to Cam's detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Mason's not exactly sh*tting on Cam, like a lot of people around here would expect - and/or want to see:

Derrick Mason ‏@deemason85
    I really do hope Caldwell work out bc if he doesn't then everyone will blame him as well!! The raven are beat up defensively and it showing!

Can doesn't throw interception! He doesn't fumble the ball! He doesn't drop balls in afc championship game! Come on ppl b real! Cont..

All of a sudden cam can't coach! Remember joes has gotten better each season in cam! Ray has also!Torrey had a very good rookie season! Cont

Ppl kill me, when can and the ravens offense was putting up big numbers then everything was ok. Now they r in a two game losing streak cont.

I think the hiring of Caldwell put the wheels in motion for the dismissal of cam.

This firing wasn't a result of what has happen over the last 2 games! This has been brewing for awhile now! Didn't raven score 28pts yesday?

Players make offensive schemes work! what can Caldwell do that cam wasn't doing? Remember he was head coach of a dismal colt team last year!
    Mason is defending Cam because he could only run the out route which Cam uses 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm just still wondering why it's being done now. What happened yesterday that set this in motion? I guess we may never know? I can't look at that game yesterday and point to any one thing and say that is the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. If the performances in Houston, in Pittsburgh, in San Diego, etc, weren't enough to get him fired then, why yesterday when they scored 28 points? Something must have happened during the game, halftime, behind the scenes, that we don't know about.
    My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Mason is defending Cam because he could only run the out route which Cam uses 90% of the time.
    so true.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

I'm fucking crying!

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I'm sure Caldwell will figure out how to get the linebackers to drop back quicker in coverage and keep Ed Reed from cheating out of position.

That said, this move is long overdue.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I was thinking more about his family...guess that got lost in my post.
    Well, it is not like Cam will be hired somewhere else right away so he and his family doesn't have to move right away. Also, he could decide to stay in the area with his family and the family could even stay in the area if he takes another job, dependning on where. Billick is still in Maryland after being canned. I'm sure he will likely move as he will be seeking a new OC job and although he has been paid well, he hasnt been money like Billick since he was not a HC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).
    I could get along with that.

Obviously we all want to see what Joe can do. We've only ever seen him with Cam. Maybe Cam thought the same about Brees and Rivers too.

Gonna be fun to watch.

Hello, All.

I am fairly new to this situation. My dad just texted me to let me know. Allow me to react thusly:

OOOHHH MYYY FUCKING GAWWWWWWDDDDDD!!!!!!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Hell, maybe caldwell should be the defensive coor this game. He should know Peyton's ticks and tendencies.