Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Better late than never. They now have a 4 game window (since we're 99.9% sure to play at least one playoff game) in which to evaluate Flacco, Caldwell, and the entire offense without the anchor of Cam Cameron around their necks. No one can say if that's "enough" time, but it's something.

Phenomenal news and I commend the team for having the courage to make the right choice, even if it's late.

This has Bisciotti written ALL over it .....

Much like the Fassel firing, there does reach a point where the brass needs to step in because perceptions get skewed because of personal relationships.

But then again, Harbs brought in Caldwell so maybe it was mutual. Shit, I don't know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I wanted Cam gone as much as anybody...but the way this is being done really doesn't instill confidence in the organization...hopefully it all works out for the better...
    I agree. This is out of character for them. I would have never thought a move like this would be made in season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This has Bisciotti written ALL over it .....

Much like the Fassel firing, there does reach a point where the brass needs to step in because perceptions get skewed because of personal relationships.

But then again, Harbs brought in Caldwell so maybe it was mutual. Shit, I don't know.
    funny we had thread about Bisciotti stepping in, now we know.

Doing the happy dance!!!!!

does anyone thing Pees should be on the hot seat after the last 2 weeks or was that all on the players for alowing the middle of the field open all day.

This defintely came from Biscuit with Ozzie's input. Cam still has two years on his contract, Harbs cant make this move unless it came from Steve.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

there is a god

So we can stop questioning Harbaugh's allegiance to his "friends" at least for now.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

well, Joe, for better or worse, this is your time...

You either show it was Cam all along, or you remove any doubt.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    This defintely came from Biscuit with Ozzie's input. Cam still has two years on his contract, Harbs cant make this move unless it came from Steve.
    Cam's contract expired after the season. He had no years left

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I'm sure Caldwell will figure out how to get the linebackers to drop back quicker in coverage and keep Ed Reed from cheating out of position.
    The defense was a marginal factor in the teams wins and loses at the beginning of the season. With all the injuries, its become a completely non-factor. Wins now have to be earned by the offense. If the defense can keep the other team below 30 points, it will be a bonus.

So, to your rolling eyes comment: Maybe he can help the team score more that 1 TD in the second half against one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

Maybe - in the long term - he can help Flacco with his pocket awareness (and learning how to step-up) and to how to read/react to a blitz. I am not confident in these last 2 points given that it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Agreed that this move is long overdue (and maybe too late with regards to Flacco).