Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

We have the toughest strength of schedule of any remaining team. It will certainly be a tough test.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It seems so clear now that Cam was being outshined by Caldwell and therefore stripped out the input of Caldwell as the season has worn on. Cam held the team back because he couldn't relinquish his selfish control of the offense.

Flacco and Rice had enough, two losses makes everything look worse and presto - bye bye Cam.
    I think you're definitely onto something there. I remember a preseason game many years ago against the Eagles when Neuheisel was allowed to call the plays for the first half. The call-in show lines lit up in praise of how great the offense looked. By the start of the second half, it was totally shut down, and never looked the same again. Some coaches just can't share the spotlight. I think Cameron falls into that category. It's all speculation, of course. But that's how it strikes me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I think you're definitely onto something there. I remember a preseason game many years ago against the Eagles when Neuheisel was allowed to call the plays for the first half. The call-in show lines lit up in praise of how great the offense looked. By the start of the second half, it was totally shut down, and never looked the same again. Some coaches just can't share the spotlight. I think Cameron falls into that category. It's all speculation, of course. But that's how it strikes me.
    And Caldwell seems like he isn't about any of that BS. He just wants to win.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

4. Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

The same day that I finally decide on an avatar that consists of Cam's face pasted onto Mace Windu's...

and on that same day Cam gets fired?

It can't be mere coincidence.

No it can't

I TAKE FULL CREDIT FOR BRINGING ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL CHANGE

That's funny as hell! Nice avatar. It been a crazy week. First, i was loving the way the Ravens came out. Rice Rice Baby. But that cooled off quick, lol. But the Sqeelers lost so it was so so good here. 9-4 i'm cool with that.

Now Cam! I like to thank all here for opening my eyes to Cam problems. I feel really good and happy as hell. Flacco without cam in his ear. I think it should've been after the sqeelers game. I don't know about everyone else, but that O just felt wrong and dirty at home against the SQEELERS. At home, Really!!!

But the timing was good for me. 2 game slide, one at home, other up the road, and we was shut down quickly AGAIN! I was all aboard the cam bashing wagon after, 'miscommunications' and Q telling him the middle is Wide open. But aleast, i hope Jim put some checks that are quick and in the middle.

I'm sure alot of people are happy, i'm one, but this feels good and needed and let's get these Manning boys at HOME. Purple Pride

That one guy on the Orioles forum has some good info and interesting info - he's claiming to get it from someone in the organization.

Apparently that "mutiny" over practicing in pads was all centered around both sides of the ball being pissed at Cam. That Caldwell was the one who drew up the game plan for Cincy.And that Caldwell was asked by Harbs after the first Pittsburgh game to take over. And that Joe's agent said they wouldn't do a deal if Cam was still there.

Link: http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...Caldwell/page4

7. Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Read the same thing on the Oriole forum.

Also found this on there:

Quote Originally Posted by primetime
    Miller's post about Caldwell designing the game plan on Opening Day and then Cam yanking out the rug sounds a lot like last year.

If I recall, Joe had a big part in the gameplan for the blowout of the Steelers on Opening Day last year, only to see Cam take back control and we proceeded lay a giant turd in Nashville.
    Source:
    http://forum.orioleshangout.com/foru...41#post3004041

This is the first I've heard of such a thing about that game.
    I wish there was some way to know if this is true or not.
    But it ties in with what we heard about the playoff game against the Chiefs in 2010, that Cam got the gameplan from Hue Jackson and despite how successful it was with all of the slants and crossing routes being a major reason, Cam went back to his preferred style against the Steelers in the next playoff game.

And we all know how that went.

Blog Entries

It seems a bit coincidental that every success we've had is a result of Joe or Jim being involved, and shitty performances are all on Cam. But we'll see from here on out what the score is.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    But it ties in with what we heard about the playoff game against the Chiefs in 2010, that Cam got the gameplan from Hue Jackson and despite how successful it was with all of the slants and crossing routes being a major reason, Cam went back to his preferred style against the Steelers in the next playoff game.

And we all know how that went.
    I don't think that paints the picture that you are trying to make.

The Ravens scored 21 points in the first half against the Steelers and were up 21-7. They then proceeded to turn the ball over their first 3 possessions of the second half.

I wanted Cam gone as much as anyone, but I don't see how you can't pin that playoff loss to anyone but the players on the field.