Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The offense doesn't need to be overhauled. There's nothing wrong with the Coryell or the players we have to implement it. What has been wrong for the most part is Cameron's limited use of the playbook and his insistence on running it backwards, especially on the road.

Oddly enough, yesterday's game had all the things critics have been pointing at as being necessary. Rice ran it 20 times. As a team, the Ravens rushed more than 30 times, counting Flacco's sneaks. But Cameron didn't adjust after Haslett did, and the offense kept trying to run slow-developing routes on third-and-short situations. You don't force the big play in the Coryell. You pound the rock and take what the defense gives you, and when they try to take that away by creeping up, you put it over their heads. For a while yesterday, it worked well. But after they adjust you have to adjust to that. You can't doggedly insist on doing something despite it's not working.
    Exactly. The only way the Ravens are going to win games going forward is to morph into the NE Patriots. Now, I know Flacco is not Brady, but against one of the worst pass defense in the league, they should have been torching them in the second half.

The Redskins new they were vulnerable to the pass when Flacco threw 3 TDs in the first half. So Haslett went for broke and started blitzing (it was his only option). And the Ravens did not adjust. Start sending Jacoby Jones and Torrey Smith across the middle with quick hitters...do some screens to Rice.

They should have won yesterday 49-31.

As soon as they hired Caldwell in the offseason I anticipated this move coming (as did most I'm sure). They didn't want to can Cam in the offseason because they were coming off a great season and were already making changes at Def. Coord....but I wouldn't be shocked if the team had been working on some of Caldwell's stuff all season, here and there. We've got three tough games coming up and no one knows what to expect from a play calling perspective...and that's a huge positive.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

Thinking internally is that things will be streamlined with Joe Flacco with Jim Caldwell operating as OC/quarterbacks coach
    Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider

The hope is that communication will be upgraded with Jim Caldwell as offensive coordinator. Hurry-up O expected to return to prominence
    Well, with Peyton killing the defense this wknd, we'll have quite a few possessions to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    something tells ne Caldwell already has a system in play, it wouldn't surprise me if Joe has been learning Jim's system since the beginning of the season.
    Very good point.

Heck, Cameron's system, although flawed, isn't impossible to use. It just needs RAN PROPERLY. Take the handcuffs off and let Flacco show what he can do.

Called it.

I'm excited now. The right move for all of the right reasons. Can't wait to see these two work together.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Exactly. The only way the Ravens are going to win games going forward is to morph into the NE Patriots. Now, I know Flacco is not Brady, but against one of the worst pass defense in the league, they should have been torching them in the second half.

The Redskins new they were vulnerable to the pass when Flacco threw 3 TDs in the first half. So Haslett went for broke and started blitzing (it was his only option). And the Ravens did not adjust. Start sending Jacoby Jones and Torrey Smith across the middle with quick hitters...do some screens to Rice.

This! We never adjust.

Personally I'm wetting myself with laughter that Cam was fired after rharris got banned!!!

He must be gutted!

For those saying, who made the call......please us 'in my opinion'. No one knows for sure yet, but I think it has to come out. The rest is just conjecture.

Monday sure got a whole lot better. Hate that a man lost his job and family probably uprooted etc...but he's made good coin here in Charm City.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

Matt Cassell isn't Brady, but he led that team to an 11-5 record. You don't have to be Brady to run that offense.

We're obviously not going to see that offense this year, but Caldwell can at least use different parts of that Denny's menu...

Quote Originally Posted by wastnawayagn View Post
    Very good point.

Heck, Cameron's system, although flawed, isn't impossible to use. It just needs RAN PROPERLY. Take the handcuffs off and let Flacco show what he can do.
    Yup, I'm sure it has the types of plays we've all be calling for but Cam just doesn't use them much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblue View Post
    Personally I'm wetting myself with laughter that Cam was fired after rharris got banned!!!
    RHarris got banned. This is one of the top 10 best days of my life. (yes, I know, that is sad) But what a great day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    We're obviously not going to see that offense this year, but Caldwell can at least use different parts of that Denny's menu...
    It is like B-More said, Caldwell is not going to install a new offense, but just (hopefully) call a better game. These are not new plays...we've all seen the Ravens run them, we've all just been wondering why they were not getting called in certain situations.