Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    anyone see what Norv Turner did at the ketchup factory yesterday??........just saying....
    Or what Tomlin didn't do!

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Beyond happy. Low risk high reward move. Who cares WHO made the call, just that it was made.
    Just saying HARBs has to be on the hot seat to knife his pal in the back so he had no choice.

He's looking over his shoulder too.
    So is Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    that Defense of his is holding up with scotch tape thats starting to peel, 3 man rush on the goal line? having charlie batch and some punk kid name cousins who he made a hero for day is not doing "just fine" The defense was crap before webb even got hurt, it got a little better when Suggs came back but it went back to the same crap. Pees is not doing fine, giving up 400yrds a game is not fine.
    Again... literally half of our starters are out. Go find a defense that plays great with that many injuries. I'll wait.

As for yards... I was unaware that teams were awarded wins for getting a lot of yards. I guess you also think the Eagles (top ten yardage, bottom 6 points scored) have a great offense.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    that Defense of his is holding up with scotch tape thats starting to peel, 3 man rush on the goal line? having charlie batch and some punk kid name cousins who he made a hero for day is not doing "just fine" The defense was crap before webb even got hurt, it got a little better when Suggs came back but it went back to the same crap. Pees is not doing fine, giving up 400yrds a game is not fine.
    I woke my little girl up right after she went down for a nal cause i was screaming "Why the HELL aren't we blitzing this rookie, back-up QB in a 2 min drill....!!!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Again... literally half of our starters are out. Go find a defense that plays great with that many injuries. I'll wait.

As for yards... I was unaware that teams were awarded wins for getting a lot of yards. I guess you also think the Eagles (top ten yardage, bottom 6 points scored) have a great offense.
    2010 Packers?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    2010 Packers?
    Not exactly a long list. Not to mention that that D was MASSIVELY aided by Aaron Rodgers keeping them off the field for nearly entire quarters. Either way, a single example of one team over coming massive injuries doesn't negate the reality that very few teams can and it's unrealistic to expect them to.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Not exactly a long list. Not to mention that that D was MASSIVELY aided by Aaron Rodgers keeping them off the field for nearly entire quarters. Either way, a single example of one team over coming massive injuries doesn't negate the reality that very few teams can and it's unrealistic to expect them to.
    2011 Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    2010 Packers?
    I dont think you can argue they "played great". They got by.

I'm sure alot led up to this before this game. I actually thought Cam called one of his better games oddly enough yesterday. But, the PLAY that sealed his fate was the 3rd and 5 interception on the Redskin 13. He had split RR wide right as WR( empty backfeild) dumb with a 5 man line, the OLB came of the edge with no Rice to guard and hit Joe in like 2 seconds and forced a pick. 5 guys can't block 6, plus you took away his asssignment of spying Rice or using Rice as the chip blocker for time. Once they set up that formation I knew they wouldnt convert and was hoping for no turnover, that play cost them 3 points maybe 7 if they use a different play and convert. Never go empty backfeild in Redzone on a 3rd down or anydown, just dumb. When they do it failure always results. Glad Cam is gone, very glad. That is only one head rolling, more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    WNST 12:50pm via Web

Drew: Source says #Harbaugh and several players were not happy with Cam's decision to end the 1st half with a knee in DC on Sunday.

This was right when the camera panned to Harbs and he was SCREAMING at Cam. The fact that we ended regulation on a similar note was probably the act that sealed the deal.
    Yeah I saw that and was glad to see Harbaugh react that way. Kudos to the camerman too for getting that shot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    It also seems strange that Harbaugh couldn't, doesn't, didn't think necessary, to simply walk over to Cameron as they were punting and say "I want to try to get into FG range here, not get into the lockerroom." I can't imagine Harbaugh said such a thing and Cameron flat out ignored him, but I guess it is possible (considering how angry Harbs was).
    I would expect Harbaugh to dictate strategy in every situation. He should be telling Cam whether to be aggressive in that situation and don't worry about leaving some clock for the other team, or to see if they can break off a long run before deciding to throw, or to just take a knee. Then it's Cam's job to select the tactics to execute that strategy. Apparently Harbaugh didn't get anything close to what he was expecting.

Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Or what Tomlin didn't do!
    in all honesty i didn’t watch the game but i do know that its historically very hard to win there especially in December (in the heat of a playoff run none the less). And as for Tomlin, you make bad decisions when the opposing coach puts you under pressure to make bad decisions, that’s something I don’t think Cam was ever able to do.