Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4546474849 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Corey -

They very well could have offered something like that to Cam, but he said no way.

This was coming. Whether or not anyone wanted to realize it, this was coming. The offense had stagnated, things that worked were never revisted, no adjustments were ever made, and you could just kind of tell that there was a general lack of interest from Flacco and some of the other players on offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Raveninwoodlawn, I agree he has to eat that ball, but the play call had enormous risk vs reward potential. That's the issue. That's why he was reportedly fired over protections schemes that cost the Ravens back to back games with the LEAD to inferior teams. Pittsburgh is AWFUL, the only decent games they played are vs the Ravens recently.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Corey -

They very well could have offered something like that to Cam, but he said no way.

This was coming. Whether or not anyone wanted to realize it, this was coming. The offense had stagnated, things that worked were never revisted, no adjustments were ever made, and you could just kind of tell that there was a general lack of interest from Flacco and some of the other players on offense.
    Yeah, I just read the Yahoo! article. It was for the best. We were wondering why there had been no movement on Flacco's contract. Sounds like Flacco gave the team an ultimatum. Two years to late if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Corey -

He was fired because protection schemes, losing two leads in back to back games. I dont think thier is a lack of interest at all, Joe has about $100 million riding on this. He just never accepted player imput during the game and made adjustments. He treated everyone as a robot, no one liked him. The Ravens players and coaches were fed up, he cost them 2 games and almost 3 if you count San Diego. The witch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I can't wait to see what this offense can do without Cam handcuffing it but I do question the timing. Why now? They could have stripped him of his playcalling duties and kept him on as basically a consultant until the end of the season. Cam doesn't seem like the type but he could sell info about our team to the highest bidder by signing on with one of our competitors.
    Or the owner just flew off the handle like 98% of the fan base last night and wanted somebody's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I can't wait to see what this offense can do without Cam handcuffing it but I do question the timing. Why now? They could have stripped him of his playcalling duties and kept him on as basically a consultant until the end of the season. Cam doesn't seem like the type but he could sell info about our team to the highest bidder by signing on with one of our competitors.
    He won't and can't he is still getting paid by the Ravens a few million.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Or the owner just flew off the handle like 98% of the fan base last night and wanted somebody's head.
    Do you watch games?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm watching the video RIW. Its just not the same situation. But I've also seen Eli fumble out of these. I don't indict Flacco as much over this one play.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure what you mean by indicting Flacco. He made an obvious mistake IMHO. Not saying we need to get rid of him or that he isn't good. Don't know why I can' point out a huge play in the game and simply say, that particular play was Player "X"'s fault. We do it for everybody else...but when it's Flacco, everybody gets super defensive.

As for the play...sorry buddy other than the Redskins showing the blitz from jump and Joe being in the shotgun, it is exactly the same...and Joe holding the ball and Eli getting rid of it. Both blitzes came from the right side of the formation. Both had guys completely free bearing down from the right side. Neither guy had time to step up in the pocket.

Joe drifted back a couple steps after his drop from the snap. Eli immediately launched the ball. Eli actually turned his entire body around to protect himself after his throwing motion. T

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Raveninwoodlawn, I agree he has to eat that ball, but the play call had enormous risk vs reward potential. That's the issue. That's why he was reportedly fired over protections schemes that cost the Ravens back to back games with the LEAD to inferior teams. Pittsburgh is AWFUL, the only decent games they played are vs the Ravens recently.
    Whatever man. You just tried to basically make it out like we were the only team in the league in the last...who knows how many decades...that doesn't have a hot route available.

The play could have been salvaged by the QB. No matter how bad you think the play call from the sideline is.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not sure what you mean by indicting Flacco. He made an obvious mistake IMHO. Not saying we need to get rid of him or that he isn't good. Don't know why I can' point out a huge play in the game and simply say, that particular play was Player "X"'s fault. We do it for everybody else...but when it's Flacco, everybody gets super defensive.
    You've read this forum in the last 24 hours right? I didn't say you want to get rid of him. But he's being basically called football stupid by people here for that play, and laying the entire game's loss on him because of it.

As for the play...sorry buddy other than the Redskins showing the blitz from jump and Joe being in the shotgun, it is exactly the same
    So what you're saying is, other than the fact that the situation is completely different, it's the same?

...and Joe holding the ball and Eli getting rid of it. Both blitzes came from the right side of the formation. Both had guys completely free bearing down from the right side. Neither guy had time to step up in the pocket.
    Again, they are in two very different formations and the pressure comes from different areas. Eli is behind center and it's 5 on 5, where the pressure had to come around. Flacco was in the gun, with no one around him, and 6 on 5, which also means the ball got to him slower than it did to Eli. Flacco backed up because the pressure came straight at him. If the pressure came from the same spot that Eli's did Flacco would have moved sideways, not reverse. And Flacco tried to get the ball out. It wasn't a fumble. His arm got hit. Maybe under center Flacco gets the ball off because he's not already that far behind the OL and someone isn't moving him back.

I'm watching the videos you linked. We're just seeing something different on this one. If I'm Jim Caldwell, I tell Flacco if he sees that again in an empty backfield that he is allowed to shift Rice back into the backfield.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 12-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    You've read this forum in the last 24 hours right? I didn't say you want to get rid of him. But he's being basically called football stupid by people here for that play, and laying the entire game's loss on him because of it.

So what you're saying is, other than the fact that the situation is completely different, it's the same?

Again, they are in two very different formations and the pressure comes from different areas. Eli is behind center and it's 5 on 5, where the pressure had to come around. Flacco was in the gun, with no one around him, and 6 on 5, which also means the ball got to him slower than it did to Eli. Flacco backed up because the pressure came straight at him. If the pressure came from the same spot that Eli's did Flacco would have moved sideways, not reverse. And Flacco tried to get the ball out. It wasn't a fumble. His arm got hit. Maybe under center Flacco gets the ball off because he's not already that far behind the OL and someone isn't moving him back.

I'm watching the videos you linked. We're just seeing something different on this one. If I'm Jim Caldwell, I tell Flacco if he sees that again in an empty backfield that he is allowed to shift Rice back into the backfield.

Joe drifted back a couple steps after his drop from the snap. Eli immediately launched the ball. Eli actually turned his entire body around to protect himself after his throwing motion. T

Whatever man. You just tried to basically make it out like we were the only team in the league in the last...who knows how many decades...that doesn't have a hot route available.

The play could have been salvaged by the QB. No matter how bad you think the play call from the sideline is.
    [/QUOTE]

I just think you seem to be stuck on the specifics of formations...I am looking at the end result of the plays up until the QB either throws in Eli's case or gets hit while trying to throw in Joe's case.

In both videos, pressure came from the same side, both had a completely free rusher regardless of how many blockers there were, and both rushers got there very quickly. Joe had time to take 2 short steps back after a shotgun drop, Eli did not on his drop. I would argue that the guy got to Eli even quicker than Joe. Even if Eli took a sack right there, that would be a more heads up play than trying to throw with a guy draped over you.

And there is a clear difference how both reacted...on that play in particular. Not blaming the loss on Joe at all as there is so much more that goes into games than a few plays by any particular player, but IMHO, he cost us points or at least a shot at points that would have won us the game at that point. I don't think that is debatable.

I also don't think shifting Rice back would have accomplished a lot on that type of defensive call...instead of 5 blocking 6, on all out blitz calls like that, it would have simply turned into 6 blocking 7. The man responsible to cover Rice in man would not have just stayed out there covering nobody...he would have came as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'm glad to see Cam gone, but you have to question the timing. No way is a new offense getting installed this season. Getting rid of Cam only does one thing, sends a message to the players that things are going to change.

Maybe this is what the players need to get some motivation. If Cam was as much of an albatross around their necks as he seemed to be, just ditching him might provide a nice spark. I just hope they come out fired up and not flat against Manning. Caldwell is basically showcasing himself for the next three weeks and the playoff run.

I don't know if the Ravens are going to stick with Caldwell, but if he puts up a decent playoff run I'm sure he will get some attention around the league.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I'm glad to see Cam gone, but you have to question the timing. No way is a new offense getting installed this season. Getting rid of Cam only does one thing, sends a message to the players that things are going to change.

Maybe this is what the players need to get some motivation. If Cam was as much of an albatross around their necks as he seemed to be, just ditching him might provide a nice spark. I just hope they come out fired up and not flat against Manning. Caldwell is basically showcasing himself for the next three weeks and the playoff run.

I don't know if the Ravens are going to stick with Caldwell, but if he puts up a decent playoff run I'm sure he will get some attention around the league.
    Do we really need to throw the baby out with the bath water though? I know a lot of people don't like AC, I am not a fan either but it has worked well for us at times. The key is getting it to work on a more consistent basis. Less Cam and more Joe might be just what the doctor ordered.