Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    This whole board right now:

LMAO bwahahahah hahhaha LMAO OH GOD I FELL OUT MY CHAIR!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).
    I think you nailed it. It is a QB driven league, but that in addition to using Rice in the right situation is more important. RB's thrive behind Manning and Brady, I don't see why this will be any different. My dream is they start running a full out K-Gun, won't help Leech out much, but it is the closest we can do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I agree. Some people, apparently including Cam, seem to think Joe is incapable of throwing those types of passes. Or maybe he was so enamored with his big arm he only wanted Joe to throw sideline routes.

Either way, we need to incorporate more varied passing into our scheme. I sure hope Caldwell implements these changes.
    Agreed. The offense doesn't need an overhaul. They just need better adjustments and better play calling. Throwing 9 routes the entire game doesn't work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    He said Cam just showed up to the Castle with a gun and is taking hostages....more to follow
    Wow is that in bad taste considering what happened in Kansas City.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Supposedly some players are not happy with the move. Of course those are "anonymous" players being quoted. I wouldn't be surprised if the move came from Steve himself.
    You will never satisfy everyone.

I think if you could ask all 53 men the overwhelming majority would be in favor of the move.

And if you want to count some votes than others - I think it is safe to say Flacco and Rice, our two most important pieces, are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    This whole board right now:

Dude! I just downed a 1/2 pound Baconator from Wendy's to celebrate and you almost made me throw it up! Damn near cost be $9 of pure pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If "turning Joe loose" means becoming a pass happy team that reduces Rice's carries, then I don't think it will work. Flacco will turn the ball over in key situations. IMO, the problem with Cam wasn't that he wasn't calling enough passing plays, it was that he was calling way too many slow developing plays. I wanted to see more passing plays that had Flacco getting rid of the ball faster. More screens, slants, and motion plays. Basically, incorporating a bunch of plays from the Patriots offense. Doing so, would hide some of the deficiencies in the Ravens OL. The offense still needs to go through Ray Rice though IMO.
    Oh, I agree. And I wasn't calling for more passing plays, just a more dynamic offense, one that suits the flow of the game and...wait for it...makes an adjustment or two when things are not (or stop) working. I see Rice being more like a Marshall Faulk (15-25 carries) and 5-10 catches (for great effect).

I think we've seen some of Ray Rice's best work this season at times when we're running the no huddle with him as single back. And I think those have been the times when Joe's in more control of the offense. I don't think we're going to go more pass happy. I think we're going to go more effective and take what the defense gives, whatever that may be at the time.

Think Leach can play middle LB? Bet he could stop the run.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If "turning Joe loose" means becoming a pass happy team that reduces Rice's carries, then I don't think it will work. Flacco will turn the ball over in key situations. IMO, the problem with Cam wasn't that he wasn't calling enough passing plays, it was that he was calling way too many slow developing plays. I wanted to see more passing plays that had Flacco getting rid of the ball faster. More screens, slants, and motion plays. Basically, incorporating a bunch of plays from the Patriots offense. Doing so, would hid some of the deficiencies in the Ravens OL. The offense still needs to go through Ray Rice though IMO.
    Agreed. If Caldwell uses the middle more, utilizes play action more, incorporates screens, slants, rubs, etc then I'll be a happy camper. Just more consistency. Let's face it, with our OL we can't afford to run 5 and 7 step drop plays when passing. I also agree on the Rice thing. Not only is he the best player on the team, in order for us to win going forward we HAVE to win time of possession. Our defense might get a little better with someof the guys coming back from injuries (although with the offenses we're facing maybe not) but that defense is still not going to morph into the 2000 Ravens or even the 2006 version. The best way to protect them and keep them fresh is to win the possession battle.

Quote Originally Posted by wastnawayagn View Post
    Dude! I just downed a 1/2 pound Baconator from Wendy's to celebrate and you almost made me throw it up! Damn near cost be $9 of pure pleasure!
    Because the gif is awesome? And accurate?

Like most folks here I was always frustrated by the lack of adjustment in play calling DURING the game. Yes the defense contributed to yesterday's loss(I get that Derrick Mason), but how do you explain how when the Redskins started aggressively blitzing that our play calling didn't adjust to take advantage of that?

edit: BTW that GIF is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Wow is that in bad taste considering what happened in Kansas City.
    Lighten up Francis...today is a glorious day, celebrate with the rest of us.