Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I just wish this had happened after the bye week.
    I was actually thinking before we hit our bye that it would be a perfect time for the switch. We had just slept walk through the Texans game. If you make the switch on that Monday you give Caldwell an extra week and then you can ease into the job against the Browns and the Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    WNST ‏@WNST
    @DonsAndDukes Drew: Don't need to cite them. That would be unfair to them. Bisciotti was directly involved. End of story.
    WNST ‏@WNST
    Drew: #Bisciotti has been "sketchy" (words of a source) all season about this #Ravens team...expected a lot more from them

It is WNST, but wonder if it's all the same source!

The only way Harbs is going is if he's lost the locker room.
    i think firing cam brought the locker room back...not for sure but if Steve B wasn't happy with this offense i'm sure ALOT of players weren't happy with it as well.

Blog Entries

If Harbaugh doesn't get over the hump this year, I could see his seat getting hotter next year, but I can't believe he's in any real jeopardy right now.

That is, of course, subject to change...if the Ravens somehow manage to lose out and go out with a whimper in the first round of the playoffs...who knows? It's not like it hasn't happened before, see Tony Dungy.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Not sure of the reliability of the news.

But I am hearing that the team is playing for Harbaugh's job too.

Which could be why he didn't something he didn't want to do and fired a friend.
    I'd be real surprised if Harbaugh was on the hot seat.

I'm not going to say it is impossible, but there would have to be some major - and I mean MAJOR - issues in the locker room if the team isn't behind Harbaugh.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    WNST ‏@WNST
    @DonsAndDukes Drew: Don't need to cite them. That would be unfair to them. Bisciotti was directly involved. End of story.
    WNST ‏@WNST
    Drew: #Bisciotti has been "sketchy" (words of a source) all season about this #Ravens team...expected a lot more from them

It is WNST, but wonder if it's all the same source!

The only way Harbs is going is if he's lost the locker room.

So the Ravens kept a tight lid on the firing since 7:00 PM Sunday, so much so that Aaron Wilson went on the radio like an hour before the firing and said he doubted it would happen.

Yet now "sources" inside the Ravens are telling Drew that Bisciotti was directly involved? I highly doubt that. No one knows anything at this point.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti had to be involved.

Are you my friends source ;)
    No. Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    So the Ravens kept a tight lid on the firing since 7:00 PM Sunday, so much so that Aaron Wilson went on the radio like an hour before the firing and said he doubted it would happen.

Yet now "sources" inside the Ravens are telling Drew that Bisciotti was directly involved? I highly doubt that.
    According to Aaron, decision made last night, firing happened this AM...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Hearing the decision to fire Cam Cameron was made last night at roughly 7 p.m., then carried out this morning.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    If he was it could explain why Harbaugh freaked out on Cam. It could be, Harbaugh is on the hot seat too and felt the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Of course he was. In the sense that this was a major move and you go to your owner to before you do something like this to keep him in the loop. But the idea that it must have been Steve's DECISION has no founding in evidence.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

If he was it could explain why Harbaugh freaked out on Cam. It could be, Harbaugh is on the hot seat too and felt the pressure.
    Dude. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If Harbaugh doesn't get over the hump this year, I could see his seat getting hotter next year, but I can't believe he's in any real jeopardy right now.

If Bisciotti was directly involved, as is being reported now, it could be that he basically told Harbaugh - "do it now or if this ship isn't righted by season end, your spot will also be evaluated...."

That might - at least somewhat - reconcile the different rumors.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap