Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Now lets see if McKinnie starts LT and Oher goes to RT....
    And KO at right guard if Yanda can't play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    We may hear more "anonymous" player snippets as the week goes on.
    we all have known this for the last 2-3 seasons. It was never Joe's offense.

Blog Entries

And pack a bag for Moeller too...

Blog Entries

that one is on Harbaugh big Mac is buried so deep in that doghouse.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Funny.

But Denver has a killer pass rush. If we don't have the OL capable of giving Joe time (especially with Yanda likely out) then we need to call plays that don't take x amount of seconds to develop.

We need quickfire plays that relieve the pressure on the OL to hold the opposing D back. This is what Cam never did. Now Joe has been holding onto the ball too long at times, so he is to blame too. But if he had a quick slant called he wouldn't have had to hold onto the ball in the first place. He wouldn't have to wait and see if Torrey and Q could shake their defender.

People knock Joe because they say he only throws when he sees the WR open. But Cam's system also contributed to such QB play. He had to wait because that is the way the route is designed.

If nothing else I need for Caldwell to call more slants and middle of the field plays. Joe won;t have to hold the ball. He can fire instantly. Thereby hopefully negating the pass rush.
    Couldn't agree more. Against teams with a good pass rush we would struggle because our offensive play calling would not adjust. I am not saying that was the only reason, but it played a large part. Like I mentioned before, no WR screens, no slants, no delays, hardly anything that 95% of other teams do in those situations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Against teams with a good pass rush we would struggle because our offensive play calling would not adjust. I am not saying that was the only reason, but it played a large part. Like I mentioned before, no WR screens, no slants, no delays, hardly anything that 95% of other teams do in those situations.
    I hate NE but you can't deny they have some of the best gameplanning around.

Like I said earlier watch to see how they handle JJ Watt tonight - and the Hou rush in general. They are not going to sit Brady back there waiting for Lloyd to run 20 yards deep. They are going to hit quick and fast to Welker across the middle, and dump it off to Vereen or someone with space in front of him. Plays that take about 1 second to develop. Brady isn;t going to be waiting 4-5 seconds for his receivers to run sideline routes. Because hoody Bill knows that is a recipe for disaster against HOU.

Cam simply would not tailor his gameplan unless absolutely forced to, and even then there was no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    we all have known this for the last 2-3 seasons. It was never Joe's offense.
    Which, if true, for a franchise QB in his fifth year, is borderline incompetent. And yes, I am not only looking at Cameron, but Harbaugh and Newsome, too.

I am not claiming Joe will be able to handle it, he may not, but this decision is a day late, dollar short, imo. We are still screwed under the cap next season with very little info on how the franchise QB does under another's system.

I hope if Caldwell does a good job, he cans most of the offensive coaches (Outside of Montgomery) and brings in his own guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    that one is on Harbaugh big Mac is buried so deep in that doghouse.
    That thing may have been blown up this morning.

I posted last night that Harbs could have had another MUTINY coming. It may have started last night. Players were PISSED OFF. More so than I have seen before.

I think that this was higher up than Harbs.

Just my thought on it.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I hope if Caldwell does a good job, he cans most of the offensive coaches (Outside of Montgomery) and brings in his own guys.
    Agreed, especially the OL coach! Wibert, a truly great running back for the Iggles (back in my days), should certainly be retained!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I hate NE but you can't deny they have some of the best gameplanning around.

Like I said earlier watch to see how they handle JJ Watt tonight - and the Hou rush in general. They are not going to sit Brady back there waiting for Lloyd to run 20 yards deep. They are going to hit quick and fast to Welker across the middle, and dump it off to Vereen or someone with space in front of him. Plays that take about 1 second to develop. Brady isn;t going to be waiting 4-5 seconds for his receivers to run sideline routes. Because hoody Bill knows that is a recipe for disaster against HOU.

Cam simply would not tailor his gameplan unless absolutely forced to, and even then there was no guarantee.
    Yea, watch NE for some true offensive game planning. They will focus on the quick stuff, and wait for just the right time to call something deep. Cam never had a feel for the game. Talent has hid a lot of his deficiencies over the years. We never, ever fooled an opposing defense. Did you see how open the WR's were for the Skins yesterday? Have you ever seen a Ravens WR that open?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Yea, watch NE for some true offensive game planning. They will focus on the quick stuff, and wait for just the right time to call something deep. Cam never had a feel for the game. Talent has hid a lot of his deficiencies over the years. We never, ever fooled an opposing defense. Did you see how open the WR's were for the Skins yesterday? Have you ever seen a Ravens WR that open?
    They will also put Brady in the shotgun a fair amount so that he can see the pass rush. You won't see I formation 7 step drops with deep passes to Brandon Loyd.

You bring up a good point about wrs being open. They are rarely open. When Joe makes a great pass it is usually fitting it over the defense in what is a beautiful play. I wonder how long it will take for Caldwell to implement some crossing routes and higher percentage passes. Also Manning worked out of the shotgun quite a bit. I wonder if we will see Joe in the shotgun more often under Caldwell.