Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Guess we will see if there's anything to it. still say it's an odd source.

Special teams? I mean they gave up that punt return to lose the game
    Defense? Horrible, receivers were wide open all day
    Cam? They did put up 28 on the road so I'm not sure it's him.

If it's a position coach, why would that make news?
    Special teams has been solid all year. Hard to imagine 1 bad play dooms someone.

The defense has been injury riddled all year. After the bye (and up until the last 2 games) the D has been solid. Hard to replace guys like Webb and Suggs and expect equal production from backups.

The offense has been disappointing all year. Inconsistent all year.

If it is just some silly scape goat please don't waste our time.

Blog Entries

Just going to say that IF it is Cameron, as much as I want to see him go, it's just going to piss me off even more than I already am now. They've basically wasted an entire season with him calling plays, and they are going to make that change NOW? With three games left? What's the point? I don't get it. You aren't going to change the system at this point and that's what people's primary issue seems to be, so again, what's the point to do it now?

This is just my opinion but such a move now would indicate someone higher than Harbaugh saying something has to change. Don't think Harbaugh "voluntarily" makes this move at this point in the season.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

harbs was diggin in Cam's ass yesterday constantly and it was very apparent something is up because with the play calling before the half Harbs was seen having fit. Who know it could be Cam I wouldn't bet on it though. Obviously there's been communication problems for quite a while now and yesterdays play calling miscue on the first half has been indicative to whats been going on for about 3 seasons now I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    They did put up 28, but they were totally lost when they needed some offense. Terrible overtime possession. Terrible 3rd quarter. I'm not giving the offense a pass just because they hit a certain number of points.
    Agreed.

They were dormant for the 2nd and 3rd quarters and during that time, we saw Harbs going ballistic on Cam twice. There was obvious tension there. Then there was that very odd end to the half and game where time was still on the clock and the offense walked off the field (with a time out on the board at the end of regulation).

Now add in the "extension" Cam got at the end of last year, an extension that not one person knows the details of. Try finding it online, and you will not find the terms of said extension.

All that said, that's still smoke and not a lot of fire. Yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    They did put up 28, but they were totally lost when they needed some offense. Terrible overtime possession. Terrible 3rd quarter. I'm not giving the offense a pass just because they hit a certain number of points.
    Flacco again doesn't pass 200 yards against one of the worst secondaries in the league. I think he has failed to pass 200 yards passing in the last 5/7 games.

Torrey Smith finishes 1/21? Not the first time he has been underutilized either.

Cam refuses to use the middle of the field. A quick inside pass instead of waiting on sidelines routes to develop would really help Flacco avoid sacks. All of these points have been discussed over and over again.

If it isn't Cam don't waste my time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    harbs was diggin in Cam's ass yesterday constantly and it was very apparent something is up because with the play calling before the half Harbs was seen having fit. Who know it could be Cam I wouldn't bet on it though. Obviously there's been communication problems for quite a while now and yesterdays play calling miscue on the first half has been indicative to whats been going on for about 3 seasons now I would say.
    Yeah, he was in his ass when we were scoring points, must have not liked that.

Not saying it didn't happen but there were no cameras showing him pissed when we weren't scoring. :p

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That "communication" excuse is BS. They act like it is some technical malfunction. Well - technical malfunctions are correctable.

What isn't correctable is when there is a disconnect between two individuals - Cam and Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Just going to say that IF it is Cameron, as much as I want to see him go, it's just going to piss me off even more than I already am now. They've basically wasted an entire season with him calling plays, and they are going to make that change NOW? With three games left? What's the point? I don't get it. You aren't going to change the system at this point and that's what people's primary issue seems to be, so again, what's the point to do it now?

This is just my opinion but such a move now would indicate someone higher than Harbaugh saying something has to change. Don't think Harbaugh "voluntarily" makes this move at this point in the season.
    Is it possible the "system" stays (for the end of this season) and that the "replacement" (Caldwell?) will allow the QB to have more control of said "system"? That could even be the reason the "change" is coming. Harbaugh tells Cam "Let Joe have some more control." Cam gets pissed and a storm erupts. Cam is fired and Caldwell is in.

I need to shut up. That really sounds high schoolish...
    :grbac:

I think we could win with the system in place, but with better decisions at better times. And if something is working, leave it alone. I don't know that much about Caldwell, but my guess would be if Edgerin James, or Joseph Addai was getting over 5 YPC, Manning wouldn't be throwing. You win with what's working.

Patrick "not the head coach, and not the side of the ball you'd expect."

Per WNST ...

"Drew #Ravens source says #Harbaugh has been in a closed door meeting all morning but that's not unusual for a Monday."

Aaron Wilson is about to come on 105.7 to talk about the rumors.

Blog Entries

Nestor: @Dpshow just said "shakeup" & "probably on side of ball that you wouldn't expect" re: Harbaugh & #Ravens coaching change.
    Retweeted by Nestor Aparicio

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Nestor: @Dpshow just said "shakeup" & "probably on side of ball that you wouldn't expect" re: Harbaugh & #Ravens coaching change.
    Retweeted by Nestor Aparicio
    I'm hearing from a source in the organization that they expect for Cam to be fired and Caldwell to take over as interim OC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Was he? I totally missed that, would have loved to have seen it. There may be saving Harbaugh after all.
    I didn't notice that either.

Would love to see a replay of that. Did it follow the putrid 3rd quarter?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.