Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
My opinion: I think when they got Suggs back, they thought that the defense would round into, if not top 10, at least an average defense. And for a while, it looked like that was going to happen. But with the continued injuries, and the upcoming teams (and offenses) they are going to face, and will likely face in the playoffs, they realized that the offense had to be totally unshackled and let loose.

My theory: There was a HUGE lack of confidence by Cameron in terms of what he thought Flacco could do. And that may have been justified. I think Harbaugh went to him last night and said we have to turn Joe loose, and Cameron basically said it is not going to work so not on my watch. Total conjecture on my part (obviously).
If "turning Joe loose" means becoming a pass happy team that reduces Rice's carries, then I don't think it will work. Flacco will turn the ball over in key situations. IMO, the problem with Cam wasn't that he wasn't calling enough passing plays, it was that he was calling way too many slow developing plays. I wanted to see more passing plays that had Flacco getting rid of the ball faster. More screens, slants, and motion plays. Basically, incorporating a bunch of plays from the Patriots offense. Doing so, would hide some of the deficiencies in the Ravens OL. The offense still needs to go through Ray Rice though IMO.