Thread: what if...

Blog Entries

what if...

We actually do beat Manning and the Broncos next week with some key defensive pieces come back. Will we still be garbage that needs to fire every coach. will we still not have a chance at winning while possibly being in 2nd place in the AFC (if NE loses tonight)?

Weve seen this team step up and look quite formidable and fall flat on its face. Considering the fact that weve been so banged up on defense the last two weeks, with arguably our most consistent defensive player out (ellerbe), its quite possible that we see a resurgence in defense with Suggs Lewis and ellerbe back. Seeing as the offense has actually been putting up decent scores as of late, its not out of the realm of possibility that were right back in the hunt for a first round bye after next week. Despite all the negativity around here, ill continue to root for my team to progress and hopefully prove to be a better team than weve seen the last two weeks.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: what if...

Beware the home dog... Carolina beat Atlanta yesterday. Minnesota beat the Bears. It's a crazy year in a crazy league; anything is possible.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'd call this game our last stand...This would be the perfect rallying point we'd need if we want to get hot for the playoffs. If we lose, we're not out or down, but certainly can't see us fighting through the playoffs.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

We can beat Manning, both of them. We can beat Dalton. We can beat Batch, and RGIII. But were not.

This team/coaches are content with Touchdown leads.

I've had a friend saying it for years, we'll never get over the hump with Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd call this game our last stand...This would be the perfect rallying point we'd need if we want to get hot for the playoffs. If we lose, we're not out or down, but certainly can't see us fighting through the playoffs.
    probably not a bad way to put it. we lose that game, we still have a chance to correct issues for the playoffs, but it is a final statement game. Losing to them and beating NYG wouldnt have the same conf implications.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    We can beat Manning, both of them. We can beat Dalton. We can beat Batch, and RGIII. But were not.

This team/coaches are content with Touchdown leads.

I've had a friend saying it for years, we'll never get over the hump with Harbaugh.
    the difference being our defense. while not good theres no question theres a step up when healthy vs the mash unit we had out there the last 2 weeks, particularly at LB.
    -JAB