Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: First time I've seen Ray Rice pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    However, desiring your team to lose to see Cam get fired is something I just can't understand.
    I can understand it. It's a short term loss for a long term gain. And it seems, just like the coaching staff philosophy of waiting until there's actually an urgency before responding, the Ravens organization seems to follow that course as well. So unless or until they sense a real urgency, which could be triggered by a late season crash, they seem unwilling or unable to make the necessary changes to fix things that have been wrong for years. Now I'm not saying that I necessarily agree with that mindset, but I can certainly understand it.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 12-10-2012 at 09:52 AM.

I'd rather he was pissed off with his teammates and coaches rather than fans who berate the team after a game.

The team deserve criticism for yesterday as they again let a winnable game slip through their fingers. Ray certainly shouldn't take it personally as he's by far our best player and has been a beast all year. Cursing/name calling fans should be ignored but legitimate criticism is warranted.

Harbaugh was crucified for calling out fans a couple of years ago, but Ray gets a pass?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    I'd rather he was pissed off with his teammates and coaches rather than fans who berate the team after a game.

The team deserve criticism for yesterday as they again let a winnable game slip through their fingers. Ray certainly shouldn't take it personally as he's by far our best player and has been a beast all year. Cursing/name calling fans should be ignored but legitimate criticism is warranted.

Harbaugh was crucified for calling out fans a couple of years ago, but Ray gets a pass?
    I bet Ray Rice is pissed off with his teammates and coaches. I also bet he's telling them that. His locker is right next to Ray Lewis's. The 2 of them are usually surrounded by other players who want to listen to what they have to say. Neither Ray is going to be happy after big leads blown 2 weeks in a row. They're just not going to say that in public.

As to your other point about Rice calling out the fans. I kind of agree with you. Rice has never been through this before. He does need to realize that fans can go both ways and still be fans.

Blog Entries

I bet Rice is pissed off at Oher too but he won't say it to his face.

:)

Blog Entries

I am no fan of this coaching staff, obviously. But I have said for years it is the players that get us the "W"'s despite the coaching in place.

As for Rice dogging fans, if they were on MY TWITTER page, lighting it up with negative comments, I say he has all the right in the world. It was a big difference from when Harbaugh called out a fan in a public forum to go root for another team.

When he comes here and tells me I am not a fan because I think the head coach sucks, then I will have a problem with Ray Rice.

I respect Ray Rice so much.

On and off the field, he's the best of the best. Good for him.

For the most part, the Ravens players appear to be guys I want my kids to admire: Torrey Smith, Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, and several others.

We are blessed to have a team with so many stars who appear to have their heads screwed on straight.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ray has earned the right and respect to call out whoever he feels warrants admonishing - go for it, Ray!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    From his Facebook profile:

"Man, the people are my page are polar opposites - no in between - there are the great fans who support me, my team, and our community....then there are the ones who fill my inbox with cursing, name calling, and game advice. Think you can coach or play better? Maybe the NFL overlooked you by accident.... SMH. ON TO THE NEXT!! #FOCUS"

https://www.facebook.com/RayRice
    Someone should explain to Ray that people who are in between (i.e. the vast majority) probably don't waste time posting on his Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Someone should explain to Ray that people who are in between (i.e. the vast majority) probably don't waste time posting on his Facebook page.
    Bingo, we have a life...then again I'm posting on here. LOL ;)

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Pretty sure he was only addressing the people that post on his page.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Pretty sure he was only addressing the people that post on his page.
    Right, and one would expect those people to be at the extremes. He shouldn't be surprised.

Blog Entries

You got fans of every category, we all here to some point including myself think we "know" how to call plays or insinuate it, nothing wrong with that thats apart of being a fan, its when they get over the top and start the d-bag business is when its a issue. I think here we are all passionate about this team, I don't think there is one poster here that fits that d-bag mold, but they are in every fan base.