Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

Oher has almost single handedly cost the Ravens two games in a row. It's time to give him help, IMO keeping a TE in to block or shade the FB on his side. He isnt locking up or locking out and doing his job or this team is 11-2. Apparently Flacco and Oher got into a altercation according to sources. He cant man LT alone.

Re: It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Oher has almost single handedly cost the Ravens two games in a row. It's time to give him help, IMO keeping a TE in to block or shade the FB on his side. He isnt locking up or locking out and doing his job or this team is 11-2. Apparently Flacco and Oher got into a altercation according to sources. He cant man LT alone.

Wait a minute. There are really people who think the sack fumble plays were anyone else but Flacco's fault??

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Wait a minute. There are really people who think the sack fumble plays were anyone else but Flacco's fault??
    Last weeks and this weeks fumbles weren't on Joe, they were strip sacks that was Oher. They need and extra body with the blind side. He isnt getting done.

Only if you expect your LT to never get beaten did Oher almost single-handedly cost the Ravens two games. People around here need to watch more football, because they have no real clue as to what are realistic expectations for our players.

In a 6 play stretch of the Detroit/GB game tonight (I wasn't able to watch all of it), I saw GB's LT get burnt and Rodgers get strip sacked, then after Detroit recovered, I saw Detroit's LT get burnt once cleanly and GB send a CB blitz (like the one sent when Flecther picked us off today). Both times Stafford threw it away. That was in about two minutes of game time.

In the Cincy/Dallas game, which I only watched for a few plays here and there when our game was on commercial, Romo's tackles (both left and right) got cleanly beaten at least 3 times (in about 15 plays watched). Romo got sacked all 3 times, one of which they face-masked him as he went down to give them a first.

The bottomline is, playing the game as a LT vs. the opposition's best rushers means you are occasionally going to get beaten unless you are the tip-top tackles of the league, in which case it happens every few games instead of every game.

Oher didn't play as well as he could have, but the idea that letting your guy beat you a few times means the game is lost is nonsense. In fact, it should mean a lot of throwaways, a few sacks, and the rare turnover. Just because for us it means a lot of sacks and not-so rare turnovers does not mean it is all Oher's fault.

That said, I agree, we should give him help since any mistake by him will be compounded by our inability to deal with clean pressure (compared to other teams).

Joe is an average QB who is going to have good games, bad ones and average ones. Last week he was awful, today he was pretty good. The turnovers today weren't his fault. Oher is a below average LT, no doubt about it.

Joe is an average QB who is going to have good games, bad ones and average ones. Last week he was awful, today he was pretty good. The turnovers today weren't his fault. Oher is a below average LT, no doubt about it.
    The INT was absolutely Joe's fault. It was a CB blitz from the right (not blind side). Joe waited and waited and tried to throw it too late. His arm was hit and it was picked. It was a freak play/pick but there is no one at all to blame other than Joe, except maybe Cam for not ever teaching our team what to do when that occurs.

The strip sack was on Oher for sure. It also was a bit unlucky for us because the guy was pushed pretty deep by Oher and couldn't reach Joe at all, but Joe just happened to be winding up to throw which extended the ball backwards so the guy could touch it. Clearly not Joe's fault as he didn't see the pressure. But less unlucky timing and that guy goes flying by and needs another 2 seconds and 4-5 steps to stop and get back for the possible sack.

How can you say the turnovers weren't his fault? Oher had a part in the fumble, but Flacco has terrible pocket awareness. He has to feel the pressure.

The INT was 100% on Flacco. He didn't recognize the obvious overload blitz. Same thing happened a few years ago against the Steelers. It's inexcusable for a 5th year QB to not recognize such an obvious blitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    How can you say the turnovers weren't his fault? Oher had a part in the fumble, but Flacco has terrible pocket awareness. He has to feel the pressure.

The INT was 100% on Flacco. He didn't recognize the obvious overload blitz. Same thing happened a few years ago against the Steelers. It's inexcusable for a 5th year QB to not recognize such an obvious blitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

its been happening all season, not sure why he cant recognize it

It was an overload blitz. But, I give blame to Cam on that as well. Every time they do empty backfeild the other team blitzes. RR was out of the play split wide right near the sideline. In that situtation, in FG range, you always as a rule have 1 back in the backfield for either A) blitz pickup, B) Safety valve C) keep one defender tied up as a spy. When I saw they went empty backfeild with back and no TE, I was praying for a tuck rule or a FG I knew the play had no chance from the start. That's a bit a both bad scheme and Joe not recognizing it. Cam should of never put him in that position.

10. Re: It's time to give Oher help/ keep a TE on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    He saw the blitz coming.
    But he's been coached to wait until the last instant before getting rid of the ball--saw the same thing with Cutler and Warner under Mike Martz another Air Coryell proponent.

Think back to Joe's first 2 years, if the play wasn't there, he threw the ball away.
    Beginning in year 3 is when Cam switched to his precious Air Coryell scheme; Flacco then started struggling with his pocket presence.

Coincidence?

Blog Entries

It was an overload blitz. But, I give blame to Cam on that as well. Every time they do empty backfeild the other team blitzes. RR was out of the play split wide right near the sideline. In that situtation, in FG range, you always as a rule have 1 back in the backfield for either A) blitz pickup, B) Safety valve C) keep one defender tied up as a spy. When I saw they went empty backfeild with back and no TE, I was praying for a tuck rule or a FG I knew the play had no chance from the start. That's a bit a both bad scheme and Joe not recognizing it. Cam should of never put him in that position.

This. As soon as I saw the empty backfield I thought the exact same thing. Our biggest weapon is Rice. Without him in the backfield you rush 6 automatically. You can still cover every receiver, and with the O line spread as it was, someone always gets through. Run a stunt and chances are two get through. An absolutely terrible formation for us, with our shakey O line and "I can't get no" separation receivers.

Blog Entries

Flacco can be debated whether he's been bad or just okay.

Is anyone debating Oher at LT? Because I'm pretty certain EVERYONE labels this experiment a failure.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!