Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. The stars were aligned last year

I don't know if I'm ever going to get over last season's AFC Championship loss. Not only does it hurt knowing that we had that game won...but that everything was set up for the Ravens to win the AFC.

- Peyton Manning was hurt
    - Steelers got tebow'd
    - Matt Schaub was hurt
    - No threat in the AFC West
    - We had the Patriots ON THE ROPES AT NEW ENGLAND!!!

It just hurts knowing that your team was a Lee Evans catch away from going to a Super Bowl which I am now having doubts will happen this year.

I'm still going to hold faith as anything can happen once you get in the dance...but I don't know if the path to be the AFC Champion will ever be better for the Ravens, then it was last year.

Blog Entries

Re: The stars were aligned last year

Last year is gone.

3. Re: The stars were aligned last year

I still have faith we can still get it done, but I feel like last year was the year to get it done too. That loss to the Pats last year was the worst loss in franchise history to me. I really felt like that could be the last year of our window of opportunity. I hope I'm wrong though, but we do look more like pretenders than contenders.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

4. Re: The stars were aligned last year

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    I still have faith we can still get it done, but I feel like last year was the year to get it done too. That loss to the Pats last year was the worst loss in franchise history to me. I really felt like that could be the last year of our window of opportunity. I hope I'm wrong though, but we do look more like pretenders than contenders.
    We got so lucky with injuries last year. While players on opposing teams are dropping left and right, we really only lost Ray for a few games...and we won all of those. It's just a shame...I can't go a second in a day without imagining what could have been if Lee Evans just held onto that ball.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    We got so lucky with injuries last year. While players on opposing teams are dropping left and right, we really only lost Ray for a few games...and we won all of those. It's just a shame...I can't go a second in a day without imagining what could have been if Lee Evans just held onto that ball.
    THe Giants were 9-7 last year, an afterthought in the NFC. And they won the whole damn thing. Just saying.
    Im as frustrated as everybody, but you get in and have a bounce or two go your way and you just never know.
    I would say the "best" team rarely actually wins the SB. SO I think we got a chance.

The stars were aligned. But NO. You only get so many chances in life, reguardless of what it is. They wasted one bigtime. Might not ever see it again, you never know. I remember as a kid sitting watching the Colt/Raiders AFC playoff game in 1977 that they should of won and would of played Denver for AFCC, but lost a heartbreaker. Never did I think that would be the last Colt playoff game I would ever see, the Colts made the playoffs regularly before that, something like 8 out of 10 years. You have to cash in on your chances no matter what it is, time passes. I felt last years loss would damage the Ravens for years to come in many ways, I hope I'm wrong.

i was in the upper deck of the endzone for that game and it was a heartbreaker. I want the Ravens to clone Bert Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The stars were aligned. But NO. You only get so many chances in life, reguardless of what it is. They wasted one bigtime. Might not ever see it again, you never know. I remember as a kid sitting watching the Colt/Raiders AFC playoff game in 1977 that they should of won and would of played Denver for AFCC, but lost a heartbreaker. Never did I think that would be the last Colt playoff game I would ever see, the Colts made the playoffs regularly before that, something like 8 out of 10 years. You have to cash in on your chances no matter what it is, time passes. I felt last years loss would damage the Ravens for years to come in many ways, I hope I'm wrong.

8. Re: The stars were aligned last year

/see quote

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    THe Giants were 9-7 last year, an afterthought in the NFC. And they won the whole damn thing. Just saying.
    Im as frustrated as everybody, but you get in and have a bounce or two go your way and you just never know.
    I would say the "best" team rarely actually wins the SB. SO I think we got a chance.
    Total luck I'd add. Do you really think if they were to play GB again that GB would have 6+ drops for the whole game?

Sehnsucht: A German word describing one's thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences. See also, this thread.

Dangerous thinking man. You get caught up in what might have been, and you lose sight of what it is you have.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

The Drop. I never thought the Ravens would have a Cleveland Browns moment.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I don't know if I'm ever going to get over last season's AFC Championship loss. Not only does it hurt knowing that we had that game won...but that everything was set up for the Ravens to win the AFC.

- Peyton Manning was hurt
    - Steelers got tebow'd
    - Matt Schaub was hurt
    - No threat in the AFC West
    - We had the Patriots ON THE ROPES AT NEW ENGLAND!!!

It just hurts knowing that your team was a Lee Evans catch away from going to a Super Bowl which I am now having doubts will happen this year.

I'm still going to hold faith as anything can happen once you get in the dance...but I don't know if the path to be the AFC Champion will ever be better for the Ravens, then it was last year.
    Dude you've got issues. It's been a year. Time to move on. Seriously.