Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I don't think the Ravens see Oher as a problem at left tackle. Everyone else in the universe does, but the people that count don't. If they don't recognize it as a problem, then they aren't going to give him any help over there and Flacco is going to continue to feel the pressure behind him.
    it pisses me off when we try to run deep routes Oher/KO dont get any help from RB/TE

2. Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Yes McKinnie is better than oher but oher is a better long term option due to age and investment and I think he will be a very good LT but needs work and he is getting it this year. THere were games where oher looked lights out and games where he gets beat.
    Show me another LT in the NFL who is about 6' 4" with short arms...who is strong against speed rushers.

You know what? I'll save you the trouble of checking, because there aren't any. Unfortunately for Oher, he is trying to play one of the positions in the NFL where SIZE REALLY MATTERS.
    Expecting Oher to be a great LT is like expecting a guy who's 6" 8' to be dominant in the NBA...as a center. Which is why in the NBA, guys who are that height are forwards.
    And why in the NFL, O-lineman that are Oher's size are guards or centers.

Blog Entries

The Dumb side has got to go. He commits to many penalties and when he should commit a penalty when he is beaten badly he doesnt and Flacco gets hit from behind and fumbles. Oher is ok at Rt but should not be playing LT. Mckinnie cant do any worse give him a shot, there is no way he can make the $1M incentive so just play him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    McKinnie may see the field simply out of attrition if Yanda is indeed out.

And I don't think it's a good thing. Looking at Filmstudy's reports on McKinnie, he's been a hot mess when he's seen the field.

Combine that and his conditioning, I'm not sure why anyone would clamor for him, Oher's play not withstanding.
    :word

Oher may not be very good and having a bit of a slump, but there is no guarantee that McKinnie would be any better.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Show me another LT in the NFL who is about 6' 4" with short arms...who is strong against speed rushers.

You know what? I'll save you the trouble of checking, because there aren't any. Unfortunately for Oher, he is trying to play one of the positions in the NFL where SIZE REALLY MATTERS.
    Expecting Oher to be a great LT is like expecting a guy who's 6" 8' to be dominant in the NBA...as a center. Which is why in the NBA, guys who are that height are forwards.
    And why in the NFL, O-lineman that are Oher's size are guards or centers.
    Duane Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Sugar huddle? Do they still do that?
    I guess you missed yesterday's game?

Blog Entries

Jason Peters is 6'4"

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The press gets a whole 30 minutes of practice. So I don't buy into that. I'll go with Filmstudy seeing it on the field.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly, which was in my first post in the thread.

FS has been reporting he's looked to crap in the times he's been in, save one from last week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Jason Peters is 6'4"
    Shhh...there are none.

The reality with the offensive tackle position - NOT JUST THE LT - height is important, but arm length and footwork are more important. It is true that there is a direct correlation, physically, between taller guys having longer arms. This isn't always the case, but a lot of the times if you have a taller guy, he is going to have longer arms and legs. However, footwork is by far the most important aspect of an offensive tackle's repertoire. This is why guys like Leonard Davis (who was every bit of 6'6") performed better at guard than tackle. He had the size, he just didn't have the footwork.

This whole notion that RT's don't need to be as good at pass pro as the LT is fucking absurd. Quit living in the past folks. Most defenses move their best pass rushers around (hell the Giants use an alignment of Osi, JPP, Kiwanuka, and Tuck across their DL) and most defenses (I'd actually argue ALL defenses) have more than ONE pass rusher on the field.

Both tackle positions need to be able to pass protect.

Exactly, which was in my first post in the thread.

FS has been reporting he's looked to crap in the times he's been in, save one from last week.
    Except RS's McKinnie grades were just posted here and are opposite what you say. So I'm not sure where that is coming from.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Except RS's McKinnie grades were just posted here and are opposite what you say. So I'm not sure where that is coming from.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, for the one game, which I pointed out.

Yes, for the one game, which I pointed out.

Umm...I posted the scoring for the entire season, not one game, and his score for the season comes out to around 0.9 per play.