Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 38
  1. Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!



    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    can you imagine the meltdown here if big mac comes in and plays better than oher??? i think Harbage will put big mac in the doghouse instead of admitting they were wrong
    If this is the case, put someone else at Left Tackle..It would be terrible to think that our coach would flush the season because of his pride in being right




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't really think he is out of shape. Seeing him walk into the stadium, he looks pretty lean. Not like he is portrayed. He was the same general weight last year and you never saw the shit you've seen from Oher this year. At this point I think it's as much people being fed up with Oher's...antics...as they are with thinking McKinnie is good.

    We'll see because I really think that they'll have him in there with Oher playing RT and Osemele at LG if Yanda is out.
    I agree. McKinnie may not be in optimal shape, but he is in better shape then he was in last year. He did a better job at LT last year then Oher is doing this year. If Yanda is out for next week's game, I would prefer they move KO to RG, Oher to RT, and McKinnie to LT. Leave Reid alone at LG. Reid is a bad LG, but I can't see how moving him to another position will make him better.




  3. #15

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    All I know is that Bryant McKinnie, at 380 pounds with no experience whatsoever in our system, was a better LT in 2011 than Michael Oher in 2012. I don't care that Oher is in tip-top shape and McKinnie is not. I don't care that Michael Oher is a really great person and McKinnie is a bit of a lazy scumbag. It's all irrelevant now. I didn't always believe that, but I do now.

    I'm not excluding the possibility that McKinnie is worse this year or that he's a poor fit for an uptempo no-huddle offense. But they're not running an uptempo no-huddle offense, they're running the same offense they ran last year. The ONLY excuse left is that McKinnie is just a lot worse than Oher in practice. And that is a distinct possibility, I admit.

    I actually think Oher might be the 3rd or 4th best option at LT for this team. I'm not convinced Osemele or Reid aren't better options than Oher.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    850
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Nothing against Oher. He has an inspirational life history. But he is a bust at the position he was picked in the draft. These are just the facts.

    Now if only they could go back and make a movie called "Blindside" with Jonathan Ogden.




  5. #17

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    McKinnie may see the field simply out of attrition if Yanda is indeed out.

    And I don't think it's a good thing. Looking at Filmstudy's reports on McKinnie, he's been a hot mess when he's seen the field.

    Combine that and his conditioning, I'm not sure why anyone would clamor for him, Oher's play not withstanding.

    Do you even read his articles? If you (and others that moan about his performance this year) would have actually read them you would realize that for the season he's a combined 42/46 blocks with an aggregate score of around 0.80 to 0.90 per game. I can't tell you he would be playing lights out at that score if he played full time but by the same token you shouldn't be talking about how he's sucked this year when he's scored well when he's been in.


    vs Cin 10/10 1.00/play
    @ Phi 2/2 1.00/play
    vs NE 0/1 -1.00/play
    vs Cle 2/2 1.00/play
    @ KC did not play
    vs Dal 4/4 1.00/play
    @ Hou 17/17 1.00/play
    @ Cle did not play
    vs Oak 5/6 0.67/play
    @ Pit did not play
    @ SD 1/1 1.00/play
    vs PIT 1/3 -0.33/play
    Last edited by Cj34; 12-09-2012 at 09:58 PM.




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,256
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    It would be terrible to think that our coach would flush the season because of his pride in being right
    He wouldn't. The fact is, though, that he's nowhere near the point at which he'd be "flushing the season." As I explained in another thread, the Ravens will be in the playoffs unless the Bengals & Stealers play to a tie in Week 16 & win their other two remaining games while the Ravens lose out. The Ravens could lose the next 2 games & still be in a position to win the division (& get a home game) by beating the Bengals in week 17. So far as the postseason is concerned, there is no urgency until then.

    The one thing that might--might--cause Harbaugh to insert McKinnie at LT and move Oher over to RT sooner is the Denver pass rush. The one absolutely sure way to bring this season to a screeching halt is to for Joe to go down, & Von Miller & Dumervil are playing so ferociously that he could get (as they say in Scotland) kilt. Yanda's injury just adds to the urgency & provides a convenient rationale.




  7. #19

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    The reason Oher is at LT is because they want to see if he is their LT or RT of the future since they did use a 1st on him and next year is his contract year and because McKinnie wont be on the team next year so they wanted to see what they had in Oher now to get ready for next year. Yes McKinnie is better than oher but oher is a better long term option due to age and investment and I think he will be a very good LT but needs work and he is getting it this year. THere were games where oher looked lights out and games where he gets beat.

    What amazes me is that the only time we bash him is when he gets beat and sometimes the sack or fumble is not his fault. I cant blame oher for Flacco holding onto the ball too long. EVERY LT gets beat once a game at least how come we always bash oher when Joe Thomas has gotten beat times in games and I dont see clowns fans bashing him.

    McKinnie is not out of shape I have seen him as well and he looks in decent shape for someone of his size




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,823
    Tony and others who have seen practices first hand have commented all year long that McKinnie's been sucking wind at practice.

    But whatever. Just don't start complaining when he's in and they have to abandon the sugar huddle because he can't keep up.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Tony and others who have seen practices first hand have commented all year long that McKinnie's been sucking wind at practice.

    But whatever. Just don't start complaining when he's in and they have to abandon the sugar huddle because he can't keep up.
    The press gets a whole 30 minutes of practice. So I don't buy into that. I'll go with Filmstudy seeing it on the field.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




  10. #22

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    The reason Oher is at LT is because they want to see if he is their LT or RT of the future since they did use a 1st on him and next year is his contract year and because McKinnie wont be on the team next year so they wanted to see what they had in Oher now to get ready for next year. Yes McKinnie is better than oher but oher is a better long term option due to age and investment and I think he will be a very good LT but needs work and he is getting it this year. THere were games where oher looked lights out and games where he gets beat.

    What amazes me is that the only time we bash him is when he gets beat and sometimes the sack or fumble is not his fault. I cant blame oher for Flacco holding onto the ball too long. EVERY LT gets beat once a game at least how come we always bash oher when Joe Thomas has gotten beat times in games and I dont see clowns fans bashing him.

    McKinnie is not out of shape I have seen him as well and he looks in decent shape for someone of his size
    I don't think the Ravens see Oher as a problem at left tackle. Everyone else in the universe does, but the people that count don't. If they don't recognize it as a problem, then they aren't going to give him any help over there and Flacco is going to continue to feel the pressure behind him.




  11. #23

    Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Tony and others who have seen practices first hand have commented all year long that McKinnie's been sucking wind at practice.

    But whatever. Just don't start complaining when he's in and they have to abandon the sugar huddle because he can't keep up.
    Sugar huddle? Do they still do that?




  12. Re: Put McKinnie in the game Harbaugh!!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Sugar huddle? Do they still do that?
    Sorry Houston....




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland