Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Ravens are 99+% certain of going to the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I have. Just go to half the games, my kids the other half. PSL is valuable but can see it going down in price as the Ravens decline. Not a NFL football fan as much, because of many things Rule changes, officiating getting worse. I enjoy the Orioles and baseball more, game is more on the up and up and the Orioles have a bright future. May use money from selling PSL's to buy Oriole Season tickets. I critique the Ravens win or lose, not a well coached team. Nothing anybody can say will change that.
    You continue to post passionately here, mostly negative of course. Deep down inside you still care so I'm calling BS on your admission:)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You continue to post passionately here, mostly negative of course. Deep down inside you still care so I'm calling BS on your admission:)
    Only on Sundays maybe Monday morning my off days. Wife works some Sunday nights nothing better to do this time of year, too cold to fish or golf and no longer a skier. Boredom. Havent watched a non-raven game this year in it's entirety. Is thier something better to do? Actually finishing up Ken Burns documentaries on Netflix on the WAR and Baseball, incredible you should check it out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    If all three teams (Ravens, steelers, bengals) go 9-7, we win the division. Right now, the Ravens are 4-1 in the division, while the steelers are 2-2. Even if we both go 4-2 in the divison, the steelers have more conference losses. The Bengals have 3 division losses, so they lose the tie-breaker.
    Um, I explained all that in the original post. I guess you didn't bother to read it--
    Today's loss is a lot more palatable with the steelers & bengals both losing. It guaranteed us no lower than 2nd in the AFC North.
    --specifically because as I also explained, there is no such guarantee. If there is a tie between Pittsburgh & Cincinnati & each team wins its other two games & the Ravens lose their last 3, that leaves Pittsburgh winning the division at 9-6-1 on tiebreaks over Cincinnati, also 9-6-1, and the Ravens at 9-7 finish 3rd & (unless the Colts lose their last 3 games) out of the postseason. This (highly improbable) scenario is the only reason the Ravens have not already clinched a playoff spot.

Only on Sundays maybe Monday morning my off days. Wife works some Sunday nights nothing better to do this time of year, too cold to fish or golf and no longer a skier. Boredom. Havent watched a non-raven game this year in it's entirety. Is thier something better to do? Actually finishing up Ken Burns documentaries on Netflix on the WAR and Baseball, incredible you should check it out.
    Too cold for golf? I didn't care for Ken Burn's baseball series for some reason. f you want to see a really good one, try the 3-part series "When it was a game"

I don't know about that. MLB is still a league of haves and have nots. The Orioles had an amazing season, but now the yankees will probably sign Josh Hamilton and one or two former Cy Young award winners and push their payroll to around $400 million. Its almost impossible to compete with that year in and year out.
    The game has not changed cause of the New Rules for Offense and hits and just flat out terrible officiating. Replay was ONLY intended to reverse OBVIOUS BAD CALLS not controversial ones. The call on the feild should stand if not 100% incorrect, the replacement officials were much better using relay than these regular referees. Todays Reed recovery should have stayed Ravens ball, wasnt conclusive enough to CHANGE it.

"As the Ravens decline"

Smh

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Too cold for golf? I didn't care for Ken Burn's baseball series for some reason. f you want to see a really good one, try the 3-part series "When it was a game"
    I'll check that one out, thanks. The one thing I dont like about Ken Burns's is it so NY based. Yankees, Dodgers and Giants and Red Sox are like the only team that existed in some of the episodes. He did a a good job covering the early years of baseball however, and Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey's impact.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    "As the Ravens decline"

Smh

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    This board is on the decline.....oh wait I'm going to get accused of being a homer in 5, 4,3,2,1......

The game has not changed cause of the New Rules for Offense and hits and just flat out terrible officiating. Replay was ONLY intended to reverse OBVIOUS BAD CALLS not controversial ones. The call on the feild should stand if not 100% incorrect, the replacement officials were much better using relay than these regular referees. Todays Reed recovery should have stayed Ravens ball, wasnt conclusive enough to CHANGE it.
    Ok, I'll agree with that. It is getting harder to watch.

If all three teams (Ravens, steelers, bengals) go 9-7, we win the division. Right now, the Ravens are 4-1 in the division, while the steelers are 2-2. Even if we both go 4-2 in the divison, the steelers have more conference losses. The Bengals have 3 division losses, so they lose the tie-breaker.

Today's loss is a lot more palatable with the steelers & bengals both losing. It guaranteed us no lower than 2nd in the AFC North.

The reality is that one more win and the Ravens win the AFCN. 10 wins guarantees us the division. 1 more loss by each of the Steelers and Bengals also carries the same effect as well. We have all head-to-head tiebreakers against CINCY (division record) and Pittsburgh (6 conference losses versus Ravens 2 conference losses and maximum of 4 conference losses). The only way the Ravens are not hosting a playoff game this year is to lose out while the winner of the Cincy/Pittsburgh game wins out.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    The reality is that one more win and the Ravens win the AFCN. 10 wins guarantees us the division. 1 more loss by each of the Steelers and Bengals also carries the same effect as well. We have all head-to-head tiebreakers against CINCY (division record) and Pittsburgh (6 conference losses versus Ravens 2 conference losses and maximum of 4 conference losses). The only way the Ravens are not hosting a playoff game this year is to lose out while the winner of the Cincy/Pittsburgh game wins out.
    lol what a clusterfuck. should we rest everyone thats injured until the playoffs????

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    What's interesting is that its possible that the Ravens could knock the steelers out of the playoffs by losing to cincy the last game of the season.