Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Who runs the offense next year

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    Outside of Brandon Stokely, no other Raven has had championship success after they left. In fact the players that left dropped off the map completely almost. Have fun rooting for whatever loser team picks him up.
    Except for that James Harrison guy? I think he has had some small success. Priest Holmes looked pretty good too. Rod Woodson went to the Superbowl with the Raiders. Kim Herring went back to the Superbowl with the Rams. I'm sure there are plenty of lesser known guys who have been through the Ravens organization and have rings with other teams.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Except for that James Harrison guy? I think he has had some small success. Priest Holmes looked pretty good too. Rod Woodson went to the Superbowl with the Raiders. Kim Herring went back to the Superbowl with the Rams. I'm sure there are plenty of lesser known guys who have been through the Ravens organization and have rings with other teams.
    whats that dudes name played with peyton..um...um...um..saturday?

I'm referring to Ravens players who got their start here in Baltimore. Of those you listed, only Priest and Kim Herring started here. So, to my point, go ahead and root for the loser teams that guys leave to go to.

4. Re: Who runs the offense next year

They need Jeff Tedford. He makes average QBs look like Aaron Rogers. Heck he even made Aaron Rogers look like Aaron Rogers.
    He also made Kyle Boller look like Kyle Boller.

Enough to fool the Ravens into thinking he could be the franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    He also made Kyle Boller look like Kyle Boller.

Enough to fool the Ravens into thinking he could be the franchise QB.
    That is just it. He had a lot of mediocre talent but had those bums looking like future hall of famers in his system.

Blog Entries

I understand why some folks are saying that short of a flame out, Cam will still be here....well...what exactly do you guys call the offense that shows up at away games? Prolific? Effective?

Just do the math. Before the Redskins game I think they put up a stat that showed 2 offensive TD's in the past 4 or 5 road games vs like 20 something offensive TD's at home. That is a HUGE variance and directly correlated with Cam's offensive schemes. The offense sucks on the road and they've stagnated on a whole. Flacco may be putting up more yards, but I can't see Steve Bisciotti looking at this offense, the amount of money and draft picks they've invested into the offense, and thinking that he likes the direction they're going.

There is a reason why Cam was only given a 1 year extension. There is a reason why Jim Caldwell was brought in to be the QB's coach. There is a reason why Cam said he was "surprised" they brought him back.

Regardless of what Harbs, Ozzie, and Bisciotti say to the media, I cannot 100% believe that Cam was NOT on a short leash to begin with.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jeff Tedford could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I understand why some folks are saying that short of a flame out, Cam will still be here....well...what exactly do you guys call the offense that shows up at away games? Prolific? Effective?

Just do the math. Before the Redskins game I think they put up a stat that showed 2 offensive TD's in the past 4 or 5 road games vs like 20 something offensive TD's at home. That is a HUGE variance and directly correlated with Cam's offensive schemes. The offense sucks on the road and they've stagnated on a whole. Flacco may be putting up more yards, but I can't see Steve Bisciotti looking at this offense, the amount of money and draft picks they've invested into the offense, and thinking that he likes the direction they're going.

There is a reason why Cam was only given a 1 year extension. There is a reason why Jim Caldwell was brought in to be the QB's coach. There is a reason why Cam said he was "surprised" they brought him back.

Regardless of what Harbs, Ozzie, and Bisciotti say to the media, I cannot 100% believe that Cam was NOT on a short leash to begin with.
    Yea I tend to agree with your thinking here. I hope your right, I really do. I would not be utterly shocked though if Cam were back.

If he were gone some names I would consider... Wisenhunt, Turner, Gnapp, Hugh Jackson, Tom Clements (GB QB coach), Brad Childress,
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Yea I tend to agree with your thinking here. I hope your right, I really do. I would not be utterly shocked though if Cam were back.

If he were gone some names I would consider... Wisenhunt, Turner, Gnapp, Hugh Jackson, Tom Clements (GB QB coach), Brad Childress,
    Clements is the offensive coordinator in Green Bay. No way they let him do a lateral move.

REgarding the other guys...Knapp and Whisenhut would be interesting...but I'm not sold on Jackson and Childress.

If Pat Shurmur is cast off from the Browns, he could be interesting.

I'm just not really positive about Norv. I like that he has a history of producing really great offenses and the terminology wouldn't be too unfamiliar to the current group of guys, but I'm not 100% that the Air Coryell is the way to go anymore. I think they really need to see Flacco in a completely different offense designed to get the ball out ASAP to an actual open receiver. Not that Norv's offense doesn't do that more than Cam's...but a big part of me really thinks that this offense just needs fresh blood with a new concept.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    Outside of Brandon Stokely, no other Raven has had championship success after they left. In fact the players that left dropped off the map completely almost. Have fun rooting for whatever loser team picks him up.
    I highly doubt Flacco is going anywhere. I'm just sick of spoiled brat fans that don't deserve him here. Without Flacco, this team would've lost big yesterday.

Flacco is not the problem with this team. Flacco is actually a VICTIM of an incompetent offensive coordinator.

Sooner or later Biscotti will realized that and force the issue with the offensive coordinator.

Cam is and always has been the limiting factor with this team. The public humiliation that they are about to receive next Sunday at the hands of Peyton Manning in M7T Bank Stadium is going to be eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I highly doubt Flacco is going anywhere. I'm just sick of spoiled brat fans that don't deserve him here. Without Flacco, this team would've lost big yesterday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Flacco is not the problem with this team. Flacco is actually a VICTIM of an incompetent offensive coordinator.

Sooner or later Biscotti will realized that and force the issue with the offensive coordinator.

Cam is and always has been the limiting factor with this team. The public humiliation that they are about to receive next Sunday at the hands of Peyton Manning in M7T Bank Stadium is going to be eye opening.
    I agree. I have a feeling they are going to get smoked by Peyton once again. The only saving grace is if they let Flacco run the no huddle and the offense puts up 30+.