Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Who runs the offense next year

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If they don't see it now, they're blind.
    I"m STILL seeing threads on the Sun blogs about taking the draft picks for Joe and signing Alex Smith.

smh

2. Re: Who runs the offense next year

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I"m STILL seeing threads on the Sun blogs about taking the draft picks for Joe and signing Alex Smith.

smh
    Some of them are just trolls.

Others are legitimately concerned that Joe's mega-deal will cripple the team, putting them in cap hell for the next decade.
    What those people don't understand is that the cap will increase, the contract will be structured to minimize the cap hit as much as possible, and that in 3-4 years Joe's contract won't compare to the ones that Rodgers, Stafford (if he returns to form), Ryan (if he continues to improve), Luck (assuming he's as legit as he seems) and any of the wunderkind dual-threat QBs (if they can sustain their success).

It's unlikely they'll all be as great as Joe, but some of them will be comparable, and the ones who are will get comparable deals, except after a few years the market for elite/near-elite QBs will have increased, so they'll ask for and get even more money.

In 4 years, Joe's deal will look like a bargain in comparison.
    And I don't see Joe pulling a Revis and demanding a new, better contract after 3 years.

Re: Who runs the offense next year

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Some of them are just trolls.

Others are legitimately concerned that Joe's mega-deal will cripple the team, putting them in cap hell for the next decade.
    What those people don't understand is that the cap will increase, the contract will be structured to minimize the cap hit as much as possible, and that in 3-4 years Joe's contract won't compare to the ones that Rodgers, Stafford (if he returns to form), Ryan (if he continues to improve), Luck (assuming he's as legit as he seems) and any of the wunderkind dual-threat QBs (if they can sustain their success).

It's unlikely they'll all be as great as Joe, but some of them will be comparable, and the ones who are will get comparable deals, except after a few years the market for elite/near-elite QBs will have increased, so they'll ask for and get even more money.

In 4 years, Joe's deal will look like a bargain in comparison.
    And I don't see Joe pulling a Revis and demanding a new, better contract after 3 years.
    I agree.