Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Reed

Blog Entries

David Reed

What is it with this team and players who do nothing for most of the year, only to get their one chance at relevance, only to let the mushroom fall down the hole.

David Reed screwed up that fumble recovery two different ways. First, he slid toward the sideline instead of up-field. Second, he actually double clutches the thing. If he doesn't double clutch, there's no way it would have been overturned, because the defender wouldn't have made contact in time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: David Reed

I think it was more on Chris Johnson - PI call and bit on pump fake to give up TD.... Reed was not the issue

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I think it was more on Chris Johnson - PI call and bit on pump fake to give up TD.... Reed was not the issue
    I am just talking specifically about the Reed play. It'll take me long enough to erase what followed from my memory.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: David Reed

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What is it with this team and players who do nothing for most of the year, only to get their one chance at relevance, only to let the mushroom fall down the hole.

David Reed screwed up that fumble recovery two different ways. First, he slid toward the sideline instead of up-field. Second, he actually double clutches the thing. If he doesn't double clutch, there's no way it would have been overturned, because the defender wouldn't have made contact in time.
    Whoa now.
    He was running upfield when the fumble occurred just behind him. He had to immediately stop change direction and beat 2 Redskins to the ball who didn't have to change direction. He couldn't turn upfield; he had to dive for it to beat the 2 Redskins to the ball.

Unfortunately when he dived the ball popped loose from his grasp in the right hand and he had to grab it again with his left; this wouldn't have mattered if the fumble hadn't happened near the sideline. But it did.

Chalk that one up to luck not being with us on that play.
    The Ravens have had a number of wins that came down to a few lucky plays for us/unlucky plays for our opponents.

Looks like we may have used up the last of our luck on 4th & 29.
    Well, luck tends to balance out over the long run; so if our luck has turned it's only the universe righting itself.

Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I think that Johnson's shoes are still on the field as he was faked out of them. Still, letting a 2nd string inexperienced QB beat you is almost as bad as letting a 37 year old third string QB beat you. The AFC North in general sucks this year.

Dumb players make dumb plays. Yes, he has to know the rules and just fall on the fffffng ball. Nuff said.

Blog Entries

Honestly I thought he did enough to recover it inbounds. The ref standing there called it a recovery.

Blog Entries
    He's no Ricky Proehl

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

David Reed is quite simply a loser. No way around it. He does nothing but bad things when on the field. Why he is still on our roster I will never understand

Can't fault Reed there.

He was heading up field, glanced back to see the ball and dove back toward the ball. He hustled and it didn't go our way. It happens.

And it was clearly a good call by the refs. Ball was not secured as he went out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Can't fault Reed there.

He was heading up field, glanced back to see the ball and dove back toward the ball. He hustled and it didn't go our way. It happens.

And it was clearly a good call by the refs. Ball was not secured as he went out of bounds.
    To me he had it secured, then when he was out of bounds lost control. Like he had it, then fumbled it, but the fumble happened out of bounds, if you get me? I'm not sure what the ruling on that is, he clearly lost control, but I thought he had control in bounds, them lost it out of bounds.

Shouldn't we have had that? I duno. It's not what cost us the game anyway, still shoudnt have let the drive happen

Blog Entries

How can you honestly blame reed for that? It was a great effort on his part and the only reason we even were close to recovering it. He doesnt turn direction and leap onto the ball and theres at least one if not two redskins kicking it out of bounds before any of our other players react. Shitty loss but misguided anger isnt helping.
    -JAB