Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: This should sum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    +1

And if Luck goes down his back up will destroy us, just like
    the last 2 weeks.

2. Re: This should sum it up.

With their victory over the Jags today, and our loss to the Skins...

the Jets now have a mathematical possibility of tying with us.

THAT SUMS IT UP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    You're just naming teams for the sake of naming them.
    Pretty much. It's the typical grousing after a tough loss.

This one does hurt. Any game hurts when you have a lead in the fourth and cough it up. The team got beat in all three phases at critical points in the game, and that's why the Ravens lost.

Blog Entries

I'm okay with people taking these teams: NE, Houston, Denver, NY Giants, Green Bay, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco. I don't agree with putting ALL of them ahead of us, but they're all reasonable picks.

First, getting the Colts out of the way. There's only one 9-4 team in NFL history to have a negative point differential. That would be this year's Colts...at -37. Complete and total fraud. If you want to call our wins lucky and unimpressive, you don't want to look at Indy's resume.

Seattle, they're okay and they're rolling today. Not an egregious choice, but they've had a lot of ugly wins as well - one of which was obviously not earned. Nothing on their resume that really pushes them ahead of us.

The Redskins, yeah they just beat us, but the fact that the game was on the road cannot be ignored. We barely lost to them in their house, what happens at a neutral site? Plus, again, our overall resume is simply better.

Dallas? They're 7-6 and have a negative point differential. I won't bring up head to head with respect to Washington, but Dallas really hasn't done anything very well.

Pittsburgh, again, the head to head calls things into question, but they have so many ugly losses that it's just not a reasonable thing to do.

Cincinnati, two games behind and with a 31 point loss to us. No chance.

Minnesota, you're just desperately grabbing for any name you can find. Detroit, you're not even trying.
    The Colts are a better team overall, period. I never said the Skins, Dallas, PGH or Cinnci so not sure where you wen't on a tangent on that. Minnesota, AP has returned to beast mode, their D has been playing much better lately and even Ponder has been looking better, mostly due to AP just running over everyone. And Detroit, yes. The #2 offense in the league and a middle of the pack defense, that could actually be better given the names on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    The Colts are a better team overall, period.
    Ravens: +58 point differential
    Colts: -37 point differential

Absolutely, completely insurmountable. Singlehandedly shuts down any argument.

But you said "period", so I guess that settles it. Compelling argument

Ravens: +58 point differential
    Colts: -37 point differential

Absolutely, completely insurmountable. Singlehandedly shuts down any argument.

But you said "period", so I guess that settles it. Compelling argument
    Point differential doesn't mean shit in sports, just at the O's.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Point differential doesn't mean shit in sports, just at the O's.
    Look up how good pythagorean wins are as a predictor of future success, then get back to me. If you actually believe the Colts are better than us, I need evidence. Actual, tangible evidence. Because there's more than enough of it already in my favor.

8. Re: This should sum it up.

The Colts better than the Ravens this season?
    No.

The Colts better than the Ravens should we play them in the playoffs?
    (after injuries, replacements for the injured getting better acclimated, adjustments made to schemes to better accommodate those replacements, etc.)

Ask me again on game day.