Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Harbaugh has his faults, but a coach of a team that's been contending for AFC championships 4 straight years IS NOT going to get fired. Especially in a year in which the team is riddled with injuries and still guaranteed to have a winning record.
    Harbs isn't getting fired but some of his methods and ideology needs to be questioned.

Denny Green won a lot of games and his teams got in the playoffs something like 8 or 9 years in a row. After he was fired from the Vikes and hired by the Cards he never really adjusted. I think Andy Reid will be the same way. John needs to change if he ever hopes to get to the big dance. Playing not to lose and having unwavering faith in his coaches isn't going to get it done.

Trust your players and let them win it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Shhh...Willis McGahee told him that.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Harbaugh has his faults, but a coach of a team that's been contending for AFC championships 4 straight years IS NOT going to get fired. Especially in a year in which the team is riddled with injuries and still guaranteed to have a winning record.
    Exactly.

You know, everytime the Steelers lose a game with giddiness someone always posts a link to their forums and laugh at how they are all melting down over there. Or the Bengals, or the Browns, or whatever team we beat this year. Yet here we are with an entire page dedicated to how shitty our team is, and how we are going to lose the rest of our games, and how we WANT them to lose to get better draft picks, and everyone sucks. It's quite amazing to see that we aren't any different from the very other town's fans that have a team that hits a bad patch. Just an observation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Huh? Michael Oher should not be in the NFL.
    LOL - He dropped to us for a reason and it all wasn't the book with the word stupid
    plastered all over it.

Kiper said he'd be beat but gave that draft a B based on getting Webb.

It only hurts when I laugh.

LOL Rex Ryan? Really? Ahahahaha. Man. It feels downright shameful to be a Ravens fan sometimes. So Harbs has just 'lucked' into all these wins and accolades despite coming onto this team as a rookie head coach of a team that went 5-11, had his two starting QBs go down with injuries before the start of his first season and having to start a rookie QB from the freaking Fightin Blue Hens only to take them to the AFCCG (one of two appearances overall) but he lucked into all of that. Boy, guess he used up all his magic juice the last four years, eh guys?

6. Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Calls to fire Cam, however, make perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    He took over an already good team that was entirely injured the previous season.
    It's laughable to suggest that team was more injured than this one. And while the prior year's team was 13-3, the one before that was 6-10. When Harbaugh came in, the Ravens were coming off a three-year stretch of 24-24 football with one playoff home loss, putting up six points on a team which gave up fewer than 14 points once that season, and that one time they gave up thirteen.

Cam's weakness isn't necessarily his offensive system, it's the fact that the talent on this offense is built to succeed doing things Cam's system doesn't call for. Yes, Harbaugh's biggest weakness as a coach is his inability to get Cam out of town. But unless everyone here basically forgot Caldwell's hire as sending a clear message that Cam better get it done this year or else, I'm not even close to ready to say a change won't be made. If not, yes, that falls on Harbs. However, lest we all forget what exactly Cam and Harbaugh have done offensively, the last five years we've ranked 11th and 17th in pts/yds, while for five years before that we ranked 18th and 23rd.

Harbaugh could lose out this season and would have 53 regular season wins. That's five wins more than Billick's best five-year stretch with this team. In fact, if you take Billick's five BEST seasons with the Ravens, it totals 54 wins.

This whole argument is shockingly stupid to me. Like, it's hard to imagine it's actually happening. We're 9-4 despite having virtually every one of our best players on defense injured or falling off the age cliff, not to mention a bunch of other starters injured. At least half the other NFL teams would KILL to have our coaching "problems." Teams like the Browns, Bills, Chiefs, Panthers, etc who have barely sniffed the playoffs in the past ten years are drooling over the thought of going to the playoffs five years in a row.

Seven of the other 31 franchises have won the Super Bowl since our Lombardy. You can count on one hand the number of teams with more playoff wins or regular season wins than the Ravens over the last five years. But please, by all means, go on trying to convince us how we're really an amazeballs team with shitty coaching which has been holding the Ravens back these five years and we would be better off scrapping it all and going a different direction.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Actually I'm pretty sure that a guy with no arms has enough fingers to count up the teams with more wins than us since 2008. But I'm sure that's luck.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

9. Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    It falls on John not Cam. If John is too stupid to see it then he should be the first to go. However, I'm still not convinced that slow Joe is the answer either. When catastrophe hits Joe is almost always in the picture.
    Yup!! Joe gave up that drive to tie the game and go into overtime! BAD JOE!! SIT :grbac:

10. Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Look their are things that Harbaugh could do differently or should do that he has not IMO. None of those things are egregious enough to consider firing him for IMO. Bottom line is that considering we lost JJ, Redding, Webb, Smith, Ellerbe, Suggs, and Ray Lewis for a good bit or key parts of the year has to be considered. You have to have horses in order to race...the Ravens horses are gimpy at best and not in racing shape. The fact that despite these losses and an offense that is inconsistent at best we are 9-4 .....thats a credit to Harbaugh. A lot of teams might have just collapsed.

The whole Cam thing is my main beef with Harbaugh. If he fires him, well I am just fine with Harbs. If he keeps him however....well at that point his fate will be tied to Cam moving forward. He will not have the "one dropped pass from the Super Bowl" excuse to keep Cam around this year while distancing himself from the results of keeping him.
    THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    It's laughable to suggest that team was more injured than this one. And while the prior year's team was 13-3, the one before that was 6-10. When Harbaugh came in, the Ravens were coming off a three-year stretch of 24-24 football with one playoff home loss, putting up six points on a team which gave up fewer than 14 points once that season, and that one time they gave up thirteen.

Cam's weakness isn't necessarily his offensive system, it's the fact that the talent on this offense is built to succeed doing things Cam's system doesn't call for. Yes, Harbaugh's biggest weakness as a coach is his inability to get Cam out of town. But unless everyone here basically forgot Caldwell's hire as sending a clear message that Cam better get it done this year or else, I'm not even close to ready to say a change won't be made. If not, yes, that falls on Harbs. However, lest we all forget what exactly Cam and Harbaugh have done offensively, the last five years we've ranked 11th and 17th in pts/yds, while for five years before that we ranked 18th and 23rd.

Harbaugh could lose out this season and would have 53 regular season wins. That's five wins more than Billick's best five-year stretch with this team. In fact, if you take Billick's five BEST seasons with the Ravens, it totals 54 wins.

This whole argument is shockingly stupid to me. Like, it's hard to imagine it's actually happening. We're 9-4 despite having virtually every one of our best players on defense injured or falling off the age cliff, not to mention a bunch of other starters injured. At least half the other NFL teams would KILL to have our coaching "problems." Teams like the Browns, Bills, Chiefs, Panthers, etc who have barely sniffed the playoffs in the past ten years are drooling over the thought of going to the playoffs five years in a row.

Seven of the other 31 franchises have won the Super Bowl since our Lombardy. You can count on one hand the number of teams with more playoff wins or regular season wins than the Ravens over the last five years. But please, by all means, go on trying to convince us how we're really an amazeballs team with shitty coaching which has been holding the Ravens back these five years and we would be better off scrapping it all and going a different direction.

- C -
    Why is it that every time you post I want to grab the nearest lighter and hold it up while swaying gently back and forth? Seriously man, your post rock like an 80's power ballad.

Cam sucks. Our offensive line is questionable when it comes to pass blocking. Our defense has become horrible, both due to injury and coaching.

Yet we're still 9-4 and on pace for a home play-off game.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    But unless everyone here basically forgot Caldwell's hire as sending a clear message that Cam better get it done this year or else, I'm not even close to ready to say a change won't be made. If not, yes, that falls on Harbs. However, lest we all forget what exactly Cam and Harbaugh have done offensively, the last five years we've ranked 11th and 17th in pts/yds, while for five years before that we ranked 18th and 23rd.
    Some of us thought the same thing when they brought Zorn in. How did that work out?

And yes the offensive numbers have improved. Slightly. With most of the high dollar free agent and high round draft picks going to the offense. I'd expect a little bit more of a bump. At least as high a bump as the defense has been de-bumped. But it isn't even close.