Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Harbs gets fired if the lose out and lose first playoff game?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Ya know, I've had the OP on ignore for quite some time now so I can't read anything he's posted in this thread.

Bet I can guess.

-Ravens need to lose in order to get rid of Harbaugh.
    -Harbaugh sucks.
    -He really hopes the Ravens lose the rest of their games so Harbaugh will get fired.

That about sum it up?

As a side note, this forum used to be one of the most intelligent places on the net for Raven's talk. Now we have idiotic threads like this one popping up all over the place.
    :word

Willis McGahee probably informed him that Harbs should be on the hotseat while they were practicing the 40-yard dash so that Boulder can beat Anquan Boldin.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Should Harbs gets fired if the lose out and lose first playoff game?

4 straight years in the playoffs
    3 years since back to back losses.
    Lost Redding, Grubbs, JJ, to FA
    Lost Webb, Suggs (never 100%), Lewis, Smith for large chunks
    Reed, Ngata, Ellerbe, Yanda, McPhee and others have spent lots of time being gimpy
    Current record with all that considered 9-4
    Yea lets fire that guy

What is the OP smoking????? Seriously??? Even if he were 5-8 considering the number injuries to key players ...I would let that slide this year.
    Honestly I think if you really really sit down and look at the losses this team has taken since last season....9-4 with this squad might be his best coaching job yet....but yea lets fire him.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

We don't need two threads that are about whether or not to fire Harbs so they've been merged ....

Blog Entries

Re: Calls to fire Harbaugh are ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The Ravens rushed the ball 30 times (not counting Flacco's rushes) against the Redskins, but drives stalled out in the second half because when we did have to make a third down, every route was either a slower-developing out route or down the field. There's no misdirection, no quick routes, and it doesn't look like the Ravens have any "hot reads" for Flacco and the receivers to miscommunicate on. Even when a blitz is obvious, the receivers are still running a curl, out-route, or streak.

There are problems in execution, but that's not the entirety of the problem. Simply executing isn't enough: the coaches have to put the players in a position where they can succeed.
    I think the 3rd and 6 in OT, where the line breaks down (again) and Flaccos scrambling for his life to find a WR, any WR, and its plain as day that there isnt one within the 15 yards on the screen, let alone open is a good example of whats going on. Why the hell we keep sending everyone deep on 3rd and manageable and obvious blitzing situation is beyond comprehension.

Flacco 16/21 182 3 tds 1 int
    rice 20 121
    pierce 8 53

pretty obvious the offense was working but failed in critical situations because of the above scenarios where we werent put in position to succeed.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think the 3rd and 6 in OT, where the line breaks down (again) and Flaccos scrambling for his life to find a WR, any WR, and its plain as day that there isnt one within the 15 yards on the screen, let alone open is a good example of whats going on. Why the hell we keep sending everyone deep on 3rd and manageable and obvious blitzing situation is beyond comprehension.

Flacco 16/21 182 3 tds 1 int
    rice 20 121
    pierce 8 53

pretty obvious the offense was working but failed in critical situations because of the above scenarios where we werent put in position to succeed.
    How many damn times are we going to see 3rd down situations where the only open guy is Pitta, Rice, or LEach on bleed out routes that are substantially shorter than the 3rd down marker? There were at least 3 3rd down situations yesterday where Flacco went right to Pitta and/or Rice/Leach and they couldn't pick up the 3rd down.

I'm just saying, the situation is kind of fucked from the start. The OL can't give him more than 3-4 seconds on avg to get the ball out and the receivers aren't getting open down the field, so he HAS to get the ball out quickly...and more often than not that is to Pitta or Rice.

This has been a big problem all year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I like the way that Harbaugh runs the team. I am not a fan of his offensive philosophy. He and his brother want to run Big Ten offenses Circa 1980.

I would be thrilled to death with Harbaugh if he brought in an OC to implement a modern offense and left his fingerprints off of it.

Not sold on Pees. He does not seem to make good in game adjustments. Defense plays well and then other team makes adjustments and he does not seem to be able counter.

That being said if Harbaugh truly is a top 10 coach he will fire the OC, Oline coach and wr coach immediately after the season. If he brings Cam and Moeller back he is not a top 10 coach.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How many damn times are we going to see 3rd down situations where the only open guy is Pitta, Rice, or LEach on bleed out routes that are substantially shorter than the 3rd down marker? There were at least 3 3rd down situations yesterday where Flacco went right to Pitta and/or Rice/Leach and they couldn't pick up the 3rd down.

I'm just saying, the situation is kind of fucked from the start. The OL can't give him more than 3-4 seconds on avg to get the ball out and the receivers aren't getting open down the field, so he HAS to get the ball out quickly...and more often than not that is to Pitta or Rice.

This has been a big problem all year.
    It's a coaching failure. I get all the injuries, I get all the additional adversity this team is facing, but they HAVE THE SAME ISSUES GAME AFTER GAME and they NEVER make progress on them.

On defense, even when we were 100% healthy, you could drive a truck through the holes in the zones, nobody could tackle, and the entire defense played soft as sheep's wool.

On offense, when not running the no-huddle, they continue to look lethargic, they take far too long to get up to the line, the QB doesn't audible or change protections, Birk's snap routine is unchanged, they still average 4 OL penalties a game, miscommunications on stunts and zone blitzes are rampant (on at least 3 occasions yesterday a tackle doubled an interior rusher while allowing a free runner on the edge) the playcalling is pathetic, the receivers run bleed outs well short of the sticks and can't get open downfield anyway, blah blah blah...

It's the coaching, stupid! When was the last time you can honestly see this team had a glaring deficiency that was summarily addressed and solved? There are none! When Belichick lost Hernandez and later Gronkowski, he moved away from 2TE alignments and back to moving the offense through Wes Welker and the run game. When the Jets lost Darrelle Revis they asked Cromartie to step up and play the shadow corner role, and lo and behold they're 3rd in pass defense.

The Ravens will point to injuries and execution issues, but the reality is that I cannot remember a time in which they out-coached or out-schemed a problem. I'm not sure the John Harbaugh Ravens have ever won a game primarily due to coaching excellence. I don't put a ton of blame for that on Harbaugh because he is strictly a motivator and knows little to nothing about X's and O's and football gameplay, but for a coach like him he NEEDS to have genius coordinators and he does not, and he needs to bear the blame for choosing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Some of us thought the same thing when they brought Zorn in. How did that work out?
    I have literally no idea who thought Zorn was brought in to be Cam's prospective replacement. I never heard that once.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It's a coaching failure. I get all the injuries, I get all the additional adversity this team is facing, but they HAVE THE SAME ISSUES GAME AFTER GAME and they NEVER make progress on them.

On defense, even when we were 100% healthy, you could drive a truck through the holes in the zones, nobody could tackle, and the entire defense played soft as sheep's wool.
    Pretty tough claim given that the defense hasn't been 100% healthy for a game yet this season.

BTW, with Cam gone, one of the major complaints about Harbaugh's deficiencies has been taken care of.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid