Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
We aready discussed this thoroughly when the exact same thing came up in the Dallas game. And needless to say but the decision is not anywhere close to automatic.

You are argument makes the same errors that a lot of people in that thread made, namely looking at the risk and not the reward of the other option.

I will try to find the other thread so you can look at the math and see the assumptions that have to be made in order to make going for 2 the best option. Suffice it to say that it is not always an EPIC demonstration of stupidity. Though saying it is could be an EPIC display...
I see no scenario were making a team score both the TD and the 2pt conversion is not beneficial.

Yes getting the 2pt conversion ensures the win, IF YOU MAKE IT.

By going for it, you put the pressure of successfully converting it on your team instead of the opposition. That makes no sense to me. I agree with the decision. You have the opportunity to make the opposing team put the ball in the end zone TWICE, you make em do it. The fact the Ravens were not able to stop them is why they lost...not the decision.

If they had gone for two there and missed and then the Skins tied the game on a TD and PAT are you seriously gonna tell me you would have been ok with that? Even so, I would venture the vast vast majority of NFL coaches would not even give going for 2pt there a second thought.