Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Is everybody really overlooking this?

You need to use the college stategy in OT nowdays. Against Manning or Brady maybe I take the ball, but not against ROOKIE Cousins.

Here is the Dallas thread on the issue:

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...ealed-the-game

They should have LOST the Dallas game. If not for a penalty and a missed FG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    HUH????
    This whole post just shows a complete lack of football knowledge.
    Why would you put yourself in a position to allow a TD and PAT tie the game if you miss the 2 pt conversion.
    If you think the board is on a witch hunt now...geez....
    Going for the 2 pt conversion there is the wrong move period the end.....it would have been an EPIC demonstration of stupidity
    Yup. THe 2 point conversion is a 25% play. Extra point is a 99% play. You don't go for 2 unless you have no other choice. By making the extra point the Redskins were forced to go for 2. Unfortunately for us they beat the odds and converted.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I thought we only had one time-out?
    We had one timeout and 29 seconds to work with. I had hoped the ravens would have run a couple of plays even if they were not high percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. THe 2 point conversion is a 25% play. Extra point is a 99% play. You don't go for 2 unless you have no other choice. By making the extra point the Redskins were forced to go for 2. Unfortunately for us they beat the odds and converted.
    From 2000-2009 the league average for converting 2 point attempts was 47.9%. I think offenses would be even more successful in the last three years (though haven't seen any data) due to the extra protections they have received by rule changes.

And that is league-average. Each game and matchup is different, so if you think the offenses have been getting the better of the defenses, those odds could be considered to be above 50%. Also, it isn't just our odds of getting it that matters when deciding, you also have to consider their odds of making a 2. And it is the same case, the higher their assumed odds are, the more likely it is better for us to go for it.

All that said, our short yardage plays always scare me, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if our odds, even against the Skins defense, should be considered well below league average. Then again our short yardage defense also scares me, so maybe they cancel, lol.

Blog Entries

Its more likely they miss going for two than going for an extra point. so yeah 29 would have been nice, but even so 28 meant they had one chance to get 2 and just as easily could have closed it out. Instead we let him tip toe into the endzone...

I think the bigger coaching issue was taking a knee with 47 seconds left. I can understand that time wasnt on your side, but youre not even sure youre going to get the ball in OT so why not at least do a screen pass or run play and see what happens. Gutless call. Then the 3 and 6 in OT where the line broke down as they zoom 10-15 yards out without a WR in sight before flacco eventually tries to run for it was just a joke. How many times are we going to face a 3rd and manageable just to send everyone deep. Its asinine.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Do any of you see us running a successful play, like what the Redskins did? Cam would NEVER think of spreading the D out and having Joe run for it do you?

Blog Entries
    They would've fucked it up anyway

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I had to keep track of the game through gamecast so I didn't get to watch this embarrassment yet again this week.
    So I'm viewing and I see 1st and 10 at the 20 :29 to go one timeout. First thought, Ok attempt a quick 10-15 yard pass (being they were probably playing the deep ball) to Boldin on one of those right slight crossing routes that alwasy seem to work in crunch time. Pick up 12-15 and get OB or call the timeout. Probably leave you with 15-18 seconds left, 25 yards for FG position. Take another shot and try to draw the PI or convert and get down and spike the ball. 4-6 seconds left. Tucker for 55+ FG gameover. Skins have one of the worst seconadies in the league and what do you do..... Take a Fucking Knee.... Are you fucking kidding me, where are your balls? On to OT, win the toss elect to receive...WTF? You chose to receive and basically put the pressure on to have to score a TD or punt. Instead of kick it away to a Second string QB who has not whiffed the field and put the pressure on WASH.. Are you FUCKING kidding me.. This is absurd. Harbaugh has always lacked the put the game away (killer instinct) and always plays it safe. Well guess what buddy you can't hide behind your Defense anymore.. Chuck Pagano (Get Well Chucky) is gone, Dean freaking Pees is as much of a bitch that you are. I'm not even going to ride Cam today even though it sounds like he shut the no huddle down in the second have, he still had the O running wild in the first half.
    If this team sneaks in to the Playoffs it will only be because Shittsburgh and Cincy Cats can't seem to win either. It will be interesting to see how this team responds to Manning next week. If Cam Cameron and Dean Pees are retained next year, I will not invest my emotions into this team. I would be professionally embarrassed to be a coach on this team. Injuries aside good coaches scheme to have their team ready to play. Give Billicheat the talent that we have on this team, he would ride Ray Rice straight to the ship with some Boldin in the middle and Doss sould have been on the field a while ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    No you go for the PAT, but the dumbass team wasted a good fake on film in a blowout vs Oakland up 24 pts or so. That would have been a good time to run it.
    That fake only works against an overload. They use it whenever there is an overload.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I agree with this, but they have a great 2 pt play, but wasted vs Oakland up 24 points. I would have kicked.
    This is such total & utter HORSESHIT that I have to jump in here.

The "great 2-point play" worked because the Raiders were in a specific formation where they overloaded the right side of the Ravens line aiming to break through & block the kick. It is a play specifically designed to punish the defense for overloading--it doesn't get called absent the overload because it only works against that sort of lineup.

And no, they didn't "waste" it--among other things they made it a lot less likely that any other team will try to block a place kick by overloading one side of the line.