Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is everybody really overlooking this?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'm more angry about 38 seconds and a couple time outs and not even trying to move down the field to kick a game winning FG before even having to worry about OT.
    I thought we only had one time-out?
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    HUH????
    This whole post just shows a complete lack of football knowledge.
    Why would you put yourself in a position to allow a TD and PAT tie the game if you miss the 2 pt conversion.
    If you think the board is on a witch hunt now...geez....
    Going for the 2 pt conversion there is the wrong move period the end.....it would have been an EPIC demonstration of stupidity
    Unless of course, they make the 2pt, and thEn you would be on the other side of the fence

2pt conversion was the right thing to do. Same thing as what happened during the cowboys game. We just got lucky that Dan bailey missed the field goal.

I'm surprised it's been overlooked that we won the coin toss in OT and we chose to Receive rather than Punt.

Rookie QB coming off the bench - yes, I'm aware he already scored a TD on us - but you hold them to a 3 & Out and play for field position.

With the new rules, I thought that was the strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    HUH????
    This whole post just shows a complete lack of football knowledge.
    Why would you put yourself in a position to allow a TD and PAT tie the game if you miss the 2 pt conversion.
    If you think the board is on a witch hunt now...geez....
    Going for the 2 pt conversion there is the wrong move period the end.....it would have been an EPIC demonstration of stupidity
    No, football knowledge as a coach is going along with the flow of the game. You play to win the game (pun intended). But, since we play not to lose, let's be conservative and kick the extra point.

Blog Entries

You're right, Harbaugh is an idiot! Let's blame him, and not the D that gave up a 90 yard drive and TD to a backup QB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I thought we only had one time-out?
    This comment sums up our coaching staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'm more angry about 38 seconds and a couple time outs and not even trying to move down the field to kick a game winning FG before even having to worry about OT.
    I was about to post this. How spineless is that? Three quick completions and you are at the edge of FG range for Tucker. Harbaugh coaches scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Logan View Post
    On the last td, Harbaugh elected to kick the extra point to make it 28-20 instead of going for 2 and possibly make it 29-20 and a 2 possession game. Even if the 2 pt fails, its still 27-20 and this isn't college so they won't go for 2 to win the game when they score. IMO, that is what cost us the game. Everyone wants to point the finger at Cam and Pees, but the head coach is what is holding this team back. He is the one who needs to grow some nuts and fire Cam and play to WIN the game, not play to not lose the game.
    There's plenty of things to pin on the coaches in this game.

This isn't even close to being one of them.

I'm in full agreement that Harbaugh and the coaching staff made numerous mistakes. However, going for the XP in that situations is NOT one of them. There is zero, zilch, nada chance of any coach (other then maybe Belichek when he gets in one of his crazy moods) going for 2 pts in that situation. I know the Ravens played shitty, I know the coaches can be boneheads a lot and we're all frustrated as hell but going for 1 and not 2 in that situation was the correct call and not one of those mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    We already discussed this thoroughly when the exact same thing came up in the Dallas game. And needless to say, but the decision is not anywhere close to automatic.

Your argument/claim makes the same errors that a lot of people in that thread made, namely looking at the risk and not the reward of the other option.

I will try to find the other thread so you can look at the math and see the assumptions that have to be made in order to make going for 2 the best option. Suffice it to say that it is not always an EPIC demonstration of stupidity. Though saying it is could be an EPIC display...
    Except I'm pretty sure the math doesn't back you up here. I believe the odds of converting are slightly under 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I'm surprised it's been overlooked that we won the coin toss in OT and we chose to Receive rather than Punt.

Rookie QB coming off the bench - yes, I'm aware he already scored a TD on us - but you hold them to a 3 & Out and play for field position.

With the new rules, I thought that was the strategy?

Agreed. If you even score a FG you dont win. The other team has a chance to win and will playing with 4 downs. YOU KICK when you win the toss. VERY STUPID TEAMS THESE RAVENS ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Except I'm pretty sure the math doesn't back you up here. I believe the odds of converting are slightly under 50%.
    The math backs me, because all the math says is that there are assumptions that make the 2-pt conversion the correct call, and that is all I am saying. The assumptions required may not back the decision to go for 2 here, but that is a separate issue. The two odds one needs to consider are your own odds of making a 2 and the opponents odds of making the two. But in general I agree, my assumptions for both would lean towards kicking it, just like against Dallas. But it is relatively close, which is what I want to make sure people understand (and most do not).