Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is everybody really overlooking this?

On the last td, Harbaugh elected to kick the extra point to make it 28-20 instead of going for 2 and possibly make it 29-20 and a 2 possession game. Even if the 2 pt fails, its still 27-20 and this isn't college so they won't go for 2 to win the game when they score. IMO, that is what cost us the game. Everyone wants to point the finger at Cam and Pees, but the head coach is what is holding this team back. He is the one who needs to grow some nuts and fire Cam and play to WIN the game, not play to not lose the game.

Re: Is everybody really overlooking this?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Logan View Post
    On the last td, Harbaugh elected to kick the extra point to make it 28-20 instead of going for 2 and possibly make it 29-20 and a 2 possession game. Even if the 2 pt fails, its still 27-20 and this isn't college so they won't go for 2 to win the game when they score. IMO, that is what cost us the game. Everyone wants to point the finger at Cam and Pees, but the head coach is what is holding this team back. He is the one who needs to grow some nuts and fire Cam and play to WIN the game, not play to not lose the game.

Coaching has lost the last 2 games. That was a bad move on Harbs part. But Leaving Big Mac in the doghouse for as long as he has. Is another one!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

going for 2 is suppose to be low percentage play unless it's going against Pee's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    going for 2 is suppose to be low percentage play unless it's going against Pee's defense.
    With the way their offense walked all over our D all day, I would have thrown out the percentages there

With the way their offense walked all over our D all day, I would have thrown out the percentages there
    They'll walked all over our D? That crazy, I could have swore they only scored 6 points between the 1st quarter and the final 2 minutes after they were extremely gassed because our offense doEsnt know how to play a complete 60 minutes

I'm surprised it's been overlooked that we won the coin toss in OT and we chose to Receive rather than Punt.

Rookie QB coming off the bench - yes, I'm aware he already scored a TD on us - but you hold them to a 3 & Out and play for field position.

With the new rules, I thought that was the strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I'm surprised it's been overlooked that we won the coin toss in OT and we chose to Receive rather than Punt.

Rookie QB coming off the bench - yes, I'm aware he already scored a TD on us - but you hold them to a 3 & Out and play for field position.

Agreed. If you even score a FG you dont win. The other team has a chance to win and will playing with 4 downs. YOU KICK when you win the toss. VERY STUPID TEAMS THESE RAVENS ARE.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post

i agree, if RGIII is out there i take the ball otherwise kick

I'm in full agreement that Harbaugh and the coaching staff made numerous mistakes. However, going for the XP in that situations is NOT one of them. There is zero, zilch, nada chance of any coach (other then maybe Belichek when he gets in one of his crazy moods) going for 2 pts in that situation. I know the Ravens played shitty, I know the coaches can be boneheads a lot and we're all frustrated as hell but going for 1 and not 2 in that situation was the correct call and not one of those mistakes.

No you go for the PAT, but the dumbass team wasted a good fake on film in a blowout vs Oakland up 24 pts or so. That would have been a good time to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    No you go for the PAT, but the dumbass team wasted a good fake on film in a blowout vs Oakland up 24 pts or so. That would have been a good time to run it.
    ^^ This ^^ You don't use that play in a blowout.. You use it to seal the deal somewhere when a game is close enough to make a difference if you run it.

I agree with going for the PAT. Getting a two-point conversion isn't supposed to be a walk in the park; or, a walk up the middle, if you're Kirk Cousins.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh