Page 65 of 333 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 769 to 780 of 3987
  1. #769
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,236
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I need to watch Floyd much more but do you think he could handle the NT?
    Not that I've seen. I mean, I think he could function in a 3-4, but from what I have seen of him probably more along the lines of a Corey Redding/Shaun Ellis type of DT in a 3-4. Floyd is a big guy (6'3" 300-305lbs), but he can really get skinny and is more of a pass rushing DT. IMO, that is certainly something that could be of value to the Ravens, but I don't see him as a NT.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #770
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,236
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I now he can't come out till next year, but I would pull a Mike Ditka and trade my entire draft for Clowney. Just sayin'

    On another note. Wicked (our resident scout) how uneven a match up do you think this game is tonight?
    I actually think Louisville/Florida could be a pretty good game, but defensively I think Florida should keep Louisville's offense out of the end zone. That said, Bridgewater is a pretty good QB. He's patient and from what I've seen, he doesn't force a lot.

    Regarding Clowney - yea...me too, haha. He is probably the best pass rushing prospect to come out since maybe Mario Williams came out. The guy is a sophomore, 6'6" 260lbs, and just decimates OL'men. If it weren't for the 2-years removed rule, Clowney might arguably be the #1 overall pick in this draft...and it wouldn't be close IMO. He is the Calvin Johnson of pass rushers.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #771
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,236
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    He played better at tackle than end. I think he'd be a great fit as a one-gap 3-tech in an under front.
    I agree. Floyd is more Pernell McPhee than Haloti Ngata.

    However, I could totally see a team like Denver or Atlanta picking him in the bottom of round 1. The guy can really motor off the LOS.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #772

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. Floyd is more Pernell McPhee than Haloti Ngata.

    However, I could totally see a team like Denver or Atlanta picking him in the bottom of round 1. The guy can really motor off the LOS.
    I agree especially if he has a great game tonight. Like I said earlier, right now I'm seeing a huge run on defensive linemen in the first round. There are just so many athletic tackles and ends who can rush the passer out there and teams don't want to miss out on a game-changing pass rusher especially from the interior line.

    You think there aren't a ton of teams kicking themselves for passing up on Geno Atkins? That guy went in the 4th round but he's a top 10 pick if that draft was re-done. Teams got scared off because he was 6'1 290 pounds at the Combine and they were scared he wouldn't hold up against the run. Who the hell cares about the run anymore in the NFL? The Texans run for 350 yards and get beat. Kansas City puts up 6.0 YPC and is the worst team in football. If I were building a defense right now give me a shutdown corner, an athletic freak DE who wins one on one, and an undersized DT with a great first step who gets penetration inside. Those are the building blocks of an elite defense and the other pieces are all just complementary.

    This is the NFL now. If you can consistently get pressure on the passer especially from both the edge and up the middle you're never out of the game. Very few teams haven't learned that lesson by now. This is why I think there could be 15 DL taken in the first round. Guys like Kawann Short, Floyd, and Margus Hunt aren't 1st rounders even 5 years ago, but they are premier players in today's NFL.




  5. #773
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,236
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I agree especially if he has a great game tonight. Like I said earlier, right now I'm seeing a huge run on defensive linemen in the first round. There are just so many athletic tackles and ends who can rush the passer out there and teams don't want to miss out on a game-changing pass rusher especially from the interior line.

    You think there aren't a ton of teams kicking themselves for passing up on Geno Atkins? That guy went in the 4th round but he's a top 10 pick if that draft was re-done. Teams got scared off because he was 6'1 290 pounds at the Combine and they were scared he wouldn't hold up against the run. Who the hell cares about the run anymore in the NFL? The Texans run for 350 yards and get beat. Kansas City puts up 6.0 YPC and is the worst team in football. If I were building a defense right now give me a shutdown corner, an athletic freak DE who wins one on one, and an undersized DT with a great first step who gets penetration inside. Those are the building blocks of an elite defense and the other pieces are all just complementary.

    This is the NFL now. If you can consistently get pressure on the passer especially from both the edge and up the middle you're never out of the game. Very few teams haven't learned that lesson by now. This is why I think there could be 15 DL taken in the first round. Guys like Kawann Short, Floyd, and Margus Hunt aren't 1st rounders even 5 years ago, but they are premier players in today's NFL.
    See Joe Vellano, UMD. 6'1" 285lbs.

    Total underdog. I would LOVE to see the Ravens pick this kid up.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #774

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Well...Ray's retirement pretty much cements an ILB priority, if it wasn't cemented already.
    And we get his entire 2013 salary of $5.4M back on the left side of the ledger, correct?




  7. #775
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread





  8. #776

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Well...Ray's retirement pretty much cements an ILB priority, if it wasn't cemented already.
    And we get his entire 2013 salary of $5.4M back on the left side of the ledger, correct?
    It also makes resigning Ellerbe a huge...huge priority.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #777

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It also makes resigning Ellerbe a huge...huge priority.
    Unfortunately also gives his agent huge leverage, glad we will have a bit more cap space to get it done.




  10. #778

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I saw Walter Football's latest mock had Cordarelle Patterson going to us in the 1st round. I hate the pick. Patterson's not one of my favorite WRs in the draft from what I've seen (which isn't a ton, because he's only played high level college ball one year.) He's a very good athlete with no route running ability or football intellect. Too many athletes like him have busted at the WR position over the last few years. I'd much rather have Da'Rick Rogers or Stedman Bailey in the 2nd, or Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, or any host of other guys in the 3rd and beyond.

    Walter has a good site but I don't think he follows the Ravens at all or really has much of any understanding of our draft strategy, team needs, etc. He's much more plugged in with other teams. I don't see the Ravens drafting Patterson, certainly not in the 1st round when that would be a major reach anyway.




  11. #779

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It also makes resigning Ellerbe a huge...huge priority.
    It clears cap room to lock Flacco up for another 4-5 years as well.. Assuming Flacco's agent is reasonable and doesn't try to get him Top 5 money.




  12. #780
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,217
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Walter has a good site but I don't think he follows the Ravens at all or really has much of any understanding of our draft strategy, team needs, etc. He's much more plugged in with other teams. I don't see the Ravens drafting Patterson, certainly not in the 1st round when that would be a major reach anyway.
    I think he's a dick to be honest. Reading his game recap of the Giants game he was basically ragging on the refs for giving the game to Baltimore. And reading his articles all year long he's been sticking it to the Ravens. I'm not one for sports media bias generally, but he really looks like a dickhead when he talks about the Ravens.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland