Page 26 of 266 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 3987
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,877
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Alot of mocks have Te'o going to Detroit at 6, or the Browns at 9. Now the Browns wouldn't make much sense as they have DQ"well and they have more obvious pressing needs. The Lions thats a iffy but I don't see that organization making a move like that, I'd look at more of a DE/OLB for them making more sense.

    But essentially thats all I'm wondering, is he worth this years 1st and 2nd, next years 1st and a 4th? Because thats what Atlanta gave up to jump up to 6th to get Jones.
    If they are going to make a move like that, then it should really be for Luke Joeckel.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #377

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    You don't mortgage your future for an ILB.

    The only guys you mortgage your future for are those who: 1) throw the football, 2) protect the guy who throws the football (and this includes elite WRs who he can throw to anytime, anyplace), or 3) attack the other team's guy who throws the football.

    In THIS particular draft, I don't think there are really any ultra-elite prospects worth giving up a whole draft for. We're just too thin everywhere. A guy like Luke Joeckel is a good player but I wouldn't move up 20 spots for him, honestly.




  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You don't mortgage your future for an ILB.

    The only guys you mortgage your future for are those who: 1) throw the football, 2) protect the guy who throws the football (and this includes elite WRs who he can throw to anytime, anyplace), or 3) attack the other team's guy who throws the football.

    In THIS particular draft, I don't think there are really any ultra-elite prospects worth giving up a whole draft for. We're just too thin everywhere. A guy like Luke Joeckel is a good player but I wouldn't move up 20 spots for him, honestly.
    Luke Joekel isn't that good, frankly, he isn't as good as last years top LT prospect (Matt Kalil) either.

    I think if he's there 5 spots before we're picking, I'm all for it. But I'd rather wait, and take a chance on a smaller school prospect in Eric Fisher, who remains a very underrated prospect from what I've seen.

    And I agree about the ILB point. I wouldn't trade up 10 spaces for Teo, and he's probably my favourite college player since Adrian Peterson.

    It's all about value to me. Why trade up 10 spaces for Joekel or Teo, when you can wait for players like Fisher and Kevin Minter to drop.




  4. #379

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they are going to make a move like that, then it should really be for Luke Joeckel.
    Dig. I'd celebrate a trade up for The Joker if we cant make anything happen in FA (Albert, for example).




  5. #380

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think if he's there 5 spots before we're picking, I'm all for it. But I'd rather wait, and take a chance on a smaller school prospect in Eric Fisher, who remains a very underrated prospect from what I've seen.
    .
    Watch PIT take Fisher. I can see it coming.




  6. #381
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Watch PIT take Fisher. I can see it coming.
    Please don't let it happen!

    Although that pick to me wouldn't make much sense, they have used two second one picks already on Gilbert and Mike Adams. Adams had his issues this year, but Gilbert was very solid in his rookie year and until he went down.




  7. #382
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    What about Matt Elam as a Reed replacement?




  8. #383

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

    I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.




  9. #384
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

    I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.
    Well Moseley is returning to college anyway. Alec Ogletree is tall and lean, but I don't see him get physically outmatched by any linemen, I'm not sure if strength is a weakness from what I've seen of him if that's what you are worried about. I personally prefer Kevin Minter out of LSU though.




  10. #385

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Please don't let it happen!

    Although that pick to me wouldn't make much sense, they have used two second one picks already on Gilbert and Mike Adams. Adams had his issues this year, but Gilbert was very solid in his rookie year and until he went down.
    Yeah, I don't see Pittsburgh taking Eric Fisher... think they'll want to continue to develop Gilbert and Adams. One of those two will probably shake out as a decent LT option, and the other will slot in at RT.

    I think you'd actually be surprised how many people are paying attention to Fisher though. A lot of mock drafts have him going well before our pick, like to Miami at #13 or St. Louis at #16. He's definitely competing to be the 2nd or 3rd OT off the board at this point.

    We all know Joeckel is a top-5 or top-10 pick, after that there's Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, and Eric Fisher... I actually think all 4 of them are going to be gone by the time we pick. If any of them are still on the board, Fisher is probably the most likely of them, I would hand in that card in a heartbeat. Otherwise you take the BPA and hope for Oday Aboushi in the 2nd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What about Matt Elam as a Reed replacement?
    Good player. He'll likely be a 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounder, though, and I think we really need to target a LT in that range. My preferred option to address the FS position is to sign Kenny Phillips.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

    I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.
    Don't need to pick between Mosley and Ogletree cuz Mosley is staying in school. Makes it a moot point. Speed in the front 7 is definitely a huge need as well as safety. So many needs!




  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think you'd actually be surprised how many people are paying attention to Fisher though. A lot of mock drafts have him going well before our pick, like to Miami at #13 or St. Louis at #16. He's definitely competing to be the 2nd or 3rd OT off the board at this point.
    fuck




  12. #387
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    [QUOTE=bmorecareful;540836]Good player. He'll likely be a 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounder, though, and I think we really need to target a LT in that range. My preferred option to address the FS position is to sign Kenny Phillips./QUOTE]

    Fair enough. I'd rather have a top flight LT anyways.




  13. #388

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    fuck
    LOL, yeah it would suck to miss out on a good LT prospect like Fisher, but look at it this way. The last couple years have all had good OT prospects who fell below where they were projected: last year Reilly Reiff, Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin... in 2011 Anthony Castonzo and Derek Sherrod...

    With the good OTs in this draft, there's still a shot a guy like Fisher could fall to us. I do think the 2 guys from A&M and Taylor Lewan are both going to go in the top 20, though, unless weird stuff happens around the Combine.




  14. #389

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Wow, I didn't realize Moseley was staying in school. Ok then LOL... I'll be sure to check out Minter. I've seen in some recent mocks that Sheldon Richardson's been slipping a bit.




  15. #390
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,877
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

    Well Moseley is returning to college anyway. Alec Ogletree is tall and lean, but I don't see him get physically outmatched by any linemen, I'm not sure if strength is a weakness from what I've seen of him if that's what you are worried about. I personally prefer Kevin Minter out of LSU though.
    I like Minter a lot too. He is shooting up draft boards. Wouldn't be surprised if he were picked in the top half of the 2nd. He is more of a "pure" linebacker than Ogletree.

    Ogletree was a safety that Georgia converted to linebacker his sophomore year IIRC. He does not take on blockers well, nor is he a great blitzer, but he has outstanding speed and athleticism. He hasnt played linebacker for all that long, so his current 1st round projection is largely due to his upside and his current ability to drop into coverage. He does great in space.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland