Page 99 of 333 FirstFirst ... 979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,177 to 1,188 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

NFP with a quickie from Day 1 of the EWShrine.
    There's a kid from Richmond. Plays safety. 6'4 230lbs or so
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ce=twitterfeed

Overall: PSU ILB Gerald Hodges and KSU QB Collin Klein

Two reports from Walter.
    http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2013practice1.php
    http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2013practice2.php

Overall: Hodges and Mount Union WR Jasper Collins and again, Klein
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 01-15-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Hodges in the 3rd round could be great value.

Matt Elam
    Travis Federick
    Gerald Hodges

Those first 3 picks could offer the best value for us. I think all three are going to raise their stock over the next few months however...

I really hope we don't draft another center high unless Barrett Jones drops to us in the second round.

Gradkowski has looked good when he has played and I don't think Frederick will be any better.

There are bigger holes on this team.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Hey guys, what do you think about Levine Toilolo?

I know it's not a need and probably won't be an option for us, but it would be nice to get a big 6-8 athletic target for Joe...I think a guy like that would be a huge help in the red zone.

Just looking for opinions...I think he will be going in the 3rd round range.
    He is a good red zone target. Not a bad blocker.

I'm not really excited about him though. Yea, he is tall...but so is Leonard Pope and he has been passed around to about 6 different teams.

I do think that TE could be a dark horse pick in this year's draft because there are so many really nice mid-round prospects.

As bmorecareful mentioned, Gavin Escobar is really intriguing.

I also like Ryan Otten out of San Jose State (6'6" 250lbs), Travis Kelce out of Cinci (6'6" 255lbs), and Michael Williams out of Alabama (6'6" 270lbs).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hodges in the 3rd round could be great value.

Matt Elam
    Travis Federick
    Gerald Hodges

Those first 3 picks could offer the best value for us. I think all three are going to raise their stock over the next few months however...
    theres no way we go centre in the second round. Too many bigger needs. A guard maybe if they want KO at right tackle. But I see the inside three as set. KO gino and yanda. Oher will be on one side. So we need another starter.

We will sign a experienced vet to push gino if birk retires.

Blog Entries

I really hope we don't draft another center high unless Barrett Jones drops to us in the second round.

Gradkowski has looked good when he has played and I don't think Frederick will be any better.

There are bigger holes on this team.
    If they go OL...I hope it is for a LT prospect. I'd rather them go for Oday Aboushi or Brian Winters with their 2nd pick if they go for an OL'man.

Also...regarding Hodges, he's probably my 3rd favorite LB in the draft.

I don't think he is going to last into the 3rd round though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they go OL...I hope it is for a LT prospect. I'd rather them go for Oday Aboushi or Brian Winters with their 2nd pick if they go for an OL'man.
    :word

Blog Entries

I don't either. If he does...early 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Or we could re-sign Bryant McKinnie for another year, and just completely focus on the front 7...
    Is Oher a free agent? What about RT? I would like to see Osmele stay at G. It seems we run much better when we have two quality guards. I would not mind them bringing Oher back on a reasonable deal to play RT. Not sure Reid or Harewood are able to play RT. I would not mind a starting Oline of McKinnie, Osmele, Gradkowski, Yanda, Oher. Would make the transition to Gradkowski easier.

When people say front 7 help. See a couple of areas that need to be addressed. Pass rusher to replace Kruger. MLB to replace Ray. This is assuming they bring back Ellerbe. They need to make a decision on whether Cody can be a quality starter in this league. If he can than a late round pick on a back up nose tackle to replace Kemo. If Cody is not going to be able to step up they probably need a NT earlier. MLB next to Ellerbe can be had in FA or in the 3rd/4th rd range. Someone with Range who can cover. Pass Rusher will probably need to come in the first two rounds. The front 7 should be significantly better next year with some guys getting healthy. McPhee, Ngata and Suggs were not healthy all year. Art Jones is a quality rotation guy with McPhee. They also have Bryan Hall and the other guy who was injured in the Pre season as quality rotation guys. It is time to part ways with McLain and Ayenbadejo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Is Oher a free agent? What about RT? I would like to see Osmele stay at G. It seems we run much better when we have two quality guards. I would not mind them bringing Oher back on a reasonable deal to play RT. Not sure Reid or Harewood are able to play RT. I would not mind a starting Oline of McKinnie, Osmele, Gradkowski, Yanda, Oher. Would make the transition to Gradkowski easier.

When people say front 7 help. See a couple of areas that need to be addressed. Pass rusher to replace Kruger. MLB to replace Ray. This is assuming they bring back Ellerbe. They need to make a decision on whether Cody can be a quality starter in this league. If he can than a late round pick on a back up nose tackle to replace Kemo. If Cody is not going to be able to step up they probably need a NT earlier. MLB next to Ellerbe can be had in FA or in the 3rd/4th rd range. Someone with Range who can cover. Pass Rusher will probably need to come in the first two rounds. The front 7 should be significantly better next year with some guys getting healthy. McPhee, Ngata and Suggs were not healthy all year. Art Jones is a quality rotation guy with McPhee. They also have Bryan Hall and the other guy who was injured in the Pre season as quality rotation guys. It is time to part ways with McLain and Ayenbadejo.
    Oher has one year left on his current rookie contract.

I really don't see edge rusher as a need either especially if we re-sign Kruger. Kruger has shown that he can be a complimentary pass rusher to Suggs. If we do get a pass rusher, IMO it will be a 5 tech DE like a JJ Watt, there are two guys in the draft that compare favorably with Watt in Enziekiel Ansah (6'6, 270 lbs, BYU) and Margus Hunt (6'8, 280 lbs, SMU).

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I think Kenny Vaccaro or Matt Elam are very likely to be the BPA available to the Ravens in the 1st round at this point and I'd make that selection in a heartbeat.

Getting into the 2nd and 3rd... I think there are a few choices, but a LB or OT are definitely possibilities. Khaseem Green, Arthur Brown, Gerald Hodges... any of those guys could be in the conversation for BPA in the 2nd. Oday Aboushi is probably going to be an early 2nd rounder that the Ravens might find tempting enough to make a move for. Justin Pugh and Brian Winters could both be available late in the 2nd and I'm pretty high on both of them.

There are so many good LB prospects in this class. Will one of these 2nd or 3rd round guys become the next Sean Lee, Darryl Washington, or Navorro Bowman? It's just tough because no matter what you see out of them at the college level you just can't know how it translates to the pro's. I will say this... I like Hodges a lot, but I don't see the kind of tremendous impact plays that you get out of some other guys. He's very steady and consistent, but not what I would call an explosive or high-impact player.