Page 88 of 333 FirstFirst ... 8687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 3987
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

dam how much botox did shwarzenegger have

Blog Entries

Teo is getting crushed, missing tackles when he's not getting crushed, the defense is completely confused and they are rolling over.

This looks bad man.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Teo is getting crushed, missing tackles when he's not getting crushed, the defense is completely confused and they are rolling over.

This looks bad man.
    He's not having a good game, but when you have lineman getting on you like that, no LB is going to look good.

I'm saying this again though, the more I watch Mosely, the more I am pissed that he isn't coming out.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think we go with Barrett or Manti in the first round.

How did he look at LT last year? It's awesome that he can play any position on the line.

Unanimous all-american and Outland trophy winner.
    A 4.0 student that just might earn his Masters before graduation.

I think we go with Barrett or Manti in the first round.

How did he look at LT last year? It's awesome that he can play any position on the line.
    This game is scaring me away from T'eo

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    This game is scaring me away from T'eo
    I don't think one bad game should erase his entire body of work.

I don't really care what he does against ND's rather weak schedule, I wanted to see what he could against guys who may be able to play on Sunday. Alabama has as close to an NFL line as you'll see in college football. He failed to show up at all, those concerns which a lot of us had about him (lack of athleticism first and foremost), were realized today.

Any player who beats up on weak competition and fails to show up against the best competition scares me.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 01-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.

For what it's worth, I'm following Daniel Jeremiah who used to be a Ravens scout (as well as the Browns with Savage and then the Eagles with Andy Reid), and regarding Jones (someone asked if he could play OT as well), he says that Jones is going to have to stay inside as he is a very limited athlete.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'll post some relevant tweets from him...good stuff to read from an actual NFL scout...he used to be our west area scout.

Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Bama TE Michael Williams (89) has been outstanding in the run game. 2 big runs behind his seal blocks on perimeter.
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    ND struggling up front but it's not b/c of #9 Lous Nix. He just pushed Warmack back about 4 yards. He's ND's best defender.
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    WOW! Mosley can close! That was impressive
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @tommy_t_256: Does Barrett Jones project as a C, G or T? > has to play inside at next level. Very limited athlete. On the ground too much
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @mfisherwa: from a pro level how much is Te'o losing tonight.> just one piece of the puzzle. Good player just not elite level
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Te'o isn't having his best game but he's still a surefire 1st round pick. That isn't going to change b/c of 1 game. Just not Pat Willis
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @kegiee:Jarvis Jones > Teo. No contest. u guys in media thought Tao was 2nd coming of Jesus> I compared him to Demeco Ryans, not JC
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Bama and A&M OL's both put together dominant bowl game performances. Best two OLs I've seen live while scouting. A&M athletic, Bama mauling.
    Daniel JeremiahVerified
    ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Manti really struggling to use his hands. Getting swallowed play after play.
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Eddie Lacy reminds me of Jamal Lewis. Lewis had more top speed but they are both violent, angry runners.

TE Zach Ertz has declared.
    TA&M teammate claims/tweets that Jake Matthews is staying.
    ILB Shane Skov was granted an additional year of eligibility...so 99% certain of staying.

Blog Entries

No, it shouldn't. However, I think a lot of people have (I know I did) temper their feelings towards Te'o as a top 10 pick in the coming draft. Kuechly, for example, displayed a lot of athleticism and was able to take on and shed blocks well. Many thought Kuechly could function at several different positions in a 3-4 or a 4-3 alignment. At the moment, IMO, I think Te'o is best suited as an ILB in a 3-4 scheme/hybrid. He got caught up in traffic way too much, he didn't get off of blocks very well, and Alabama was running the rock right down the middle of the field. It wasn't like they were doing a lot of counters, cut backs, or sweeps. They were straight up running ISO dives up the middle.

If you look at the game Mosley had (who is about an inch shorter and about 15-20lbs lighter than Te'o, he was able to avoid would-be blockers, track the ball carrier down, cover, and make plays all over the field. This is a prime example of an every down linebacker (Mosley) vs a likely 2-down linebacker (Te'o).

Now, if he drops into the late teens (which now I think he will) then I definitely think Baltimore should make a play for him because in our D I think he'd be a really solid player. I mean, how many of us would like to see Laurinaitis or Brandon Spikes on the Ravens? Many of us. The reality is that what Te'o lacks in overall athleticism he makes up for in good instincts, durability, fundamentals, and leadership. A lot of those things, you can't coach.

Even if Mosley was coming out this year, he's probably done enough to push himself into a top 15 pick, so I don't think the Ravens would have a shot at him anyway. (unfortunately)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'll post some relevant tweets from him...good stuff to read from an actual NFL scout...he used to be our west area scout.
    Eddie Lacy very well may have pushed himself to be the top back taken in this draft. 6', 220-225lbs. Fast, downhill runner with nice burst. I don't think that any RB is going in round 1 this year, but Lacy should be on a lot of team's radars in the 2nd round.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.