Page 82 of 333 FirstFirst ... 8081828384 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

For NT, I'd rather sign Casey Hampton and draft a developmental guy later.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Lol This game is going to get out of hand QUICK

Blog Entries

Would you guys be pissed if they took Tyler Eiffert in round 1?

I wouldn't be stoked simply because we don't necessarily "need" a TE, but there is a real possibility that Eiffert could be the best player available and we do know that Ozzie really wanted Gronkowski a couple of years ago. Dont get me wrong, I think Pitta is great...but Eiffert literally could be a Rob Gronkowski type of TE whereas I see Pitta as a guy like Jacob Tamme. Solid, but isn't someone who will take over a game.

Eiffert is 6'6" and every bit of 250-255lbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Notre Dame's gameplan is absolutely horrible.

Yes, Alabama's defense is very good... but you have a redshirt freshman QB who clearly isn't very confident yet, and you're going to try to beat Alabama's best CB in man coverage every down?

What in the world are they doing? Run the ball, get some easy completions... just stupid, trying to outsmart themselves....

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    People always laugh when you say that a college team could compete in the NFL, but seriously, Alabama's OL is probably better than the Colts. Both of their top 2 backs will play in the NFL and some people think Eddie Lacy is a better prospect than Trent Richardson. Their QB is going to be a top-100 pick if he keeps playing well. Etc., etc...

And the crazy thing is their defense isn't as good as it was last year because they lost a bunch of players to the NFL draft... most of whom were top 100 picks...
    Yup.

Last time I can remember a college team having this much high end talent were those Miami teams of the early 2000's.

This Notre Dame team has a lot of NFL talent on it too...and there is still a huge talent disparity here.

I've watched Bama at least 5 times this year...I don't know why today looking at all this talent seems different. Maybe it's because I'm shocked at the ease with which they are dominating, but this is very impressive.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I don't know why everyone says that AJ McCarron is a "game manager" (not that game manager is really a negative connotation...ALL QB's need to be able to manage a game well).

McCarron looks good rolling out, throwing on the run, he's got a nice arm on him, and he seems pretty accurate. Granted, it really helps having that OL in front of him, but he looks good. I could see McCarron being a 2nd rounder.

Blog Entries

This game is over

Re: Who would you want in the BCS?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    check out the free agent/draft/off-season thread.

I've been posting in it about tonight's game.
    Not much of a game. ND getting their asses beat.

Blog Entries

McCarron is on the fucking money.

He's a RS Junior. With this performance, I could see him pushing his stock up into the 2nd round if he comes out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Would you guys be pissed if they took Tyler Eiffert in round 1?

I wouldn't be stoked simply because we don't necessarily "need" a TE, but there is a real possibility that Eiffert could be the best player available and we do know that Ozzie really wanted Gronkowski a couple of years ago. Dont get me wrong, I think Pitta is great...but Eiffert literally could be a Rob Gronkowski type of TE whereas I see Pitta as a guy like Jacob Tamme. Solid, but isn't someone who will take over a game.

Eiffert is 6'6" and every bit of 250-255lbs.
    I don't know about pissed... it would shock me, but I wouldn't be pissed. Eifert is an amazing prospect. I don't think he's quite the prospect Gronkowski was but he's similar. It's pretty much never the wrong idea to add a serious offensive weapon... just look at Bernard Pierce. A lot of people didn't understand the pick because we had Rice but this is a league where you never have enough weapons. Now we've got 2 devastating RBs. Why not 2 devastating TEs?

Honestly, it's an intriguing idea. I would be cool with it if they were going to commit to a 2TE offense every down. Pitta is too good to take off the field, so you would probably be lining Eifert up inline with Pitta moving all around (in the slot, at H-back, etc.) if Eifert continues to improve as a blocker it's a really nice fit. They'd likely be cutting Leach in the offseason if they move in that direction.

The Texans have shown that you can line up in a base 2TE offense and run the ball just as well as you pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This game is over
    Nd is going to have a long night getting their asses handed to them. Bama looks unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't know about pissed... it would shock me, but I wouldn't be pissed. Eifert is an amazing prospect. I don't think he's quite the prospect Gronkowski was but he's similar. It's pretty much never the wrong idea to add a serious offensive weapon... just look at Bernard Pierce. A lot of people didn't understand the pick because we had Rice but this is a league where you never have enough weapons. Now we've got 2 devastating RBs. Why not 2 devastating TEs?

Honestly, it's an intriguing idea. I would be cool with it if they were going to commit to a 2TE offense every down. Pitta is too good to take off the field, so you would probably be lining Eifert up inline with Pitta moving all around (in the slot, at H-back, etc.) if Eifert continues to improve as a blocker it's a really nice fit. They'd likely be cutting Leach in the offseason if they move in that direction.

The Texans have shown that you can line up in a base 2TE offense and run the ball just as well as you pass.
    The other thing too is Pitta will be 28 next year. While that isn't THAT old for a TE, it is something to consider.