Page 7 of 333 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Stedman Bailey might be an interesting choice in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
    He's electric too, probably more polished of the too but not quite as athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think Tavon Austin would be a great talent to have in Baltimore. He's a Welker type with a lot more athleticism. He'd be a great guy to stick in the slot and absolutely burn any LB that happens to be put on him. I know the team has put a lot into the WR position but considering Boldin may be cut if he won't take a pay-cut, they might be in the market for a 3rd WR.

He also would be a good value in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    With a new OC, we have a shot at Austin. Some will pass on his size, but like I've said before a Harvin, Jerrigan (stuck behind V. Cruz), Cobb or YA Hilton type guys are so incredibly valuable in the right system. Hell, I'd even throw Dexter McCluster in there...who's never been used well IMO. All YAC machines and match-up nightmares in the right system.

Austin's BPA value should be higher than #25+ come April.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    He's electric too, probably more polished of the too but not quite as athletic.
    He doesn't have that top end speed. However, he is a very good route runner.

Kind of reminds me of Derrick Mason.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'll bet anyone on the board right now that if Tavon Austin is available when New England picks, he's a Patriot. Are you kidding; he'd take that Welker role and turn it up three notches. Bellicheat would be drooling on his hoodie.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I'll bet anyone on the board right now that if Tavon Austin is available when New England picks, he's a Patriot. Are you kidding; he'd take that Welker role and turn it up three notches. Bellicheat would be drooling on his hoodie.
    I have him going a lot earlier to the Rams.

Western Kentucky's Andrew Jackson (ILB) is a serious man.

6'1 265...but probably 6'0 and lighter.
    He's a collider AND he wraps up.
    Fast.
    Relentless.
    He could crawl out of bed and be our best run-stopper once the pads come on.
    I need to see tv/coaches tape and not highlights, but I'll give him 3rd round value due to size and school.

Cool Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I actually think Tavon Austin could very well be the top receiver taken in this draft. He's stupid fast, has good hands, runs good routes, can return kicks and punts, can line up in the backfield...when you look at the success of a Randall Cobb or a Darren Sproles, then I think you could easily see lots of teams clamoring for Austin early on in the draft. If he was 6'3" instead of 5'9", he'd likely be a hands down top 10 pick.

Regarding Hankins - I too like him, but there is no way the Ravens would have a shot at him. He's going to be a top 10 pick. Jon Jenkins out of Georgia is a possibility.

However, I really think that the Ravens are either going to go for Ogletree, Mosley, or an offensive lineman like Barrett Jones, Jon Cooper, or Chance Warmack in round 1.
    Wicked,

What are your thoughts about Fisher for the O-Line? I hear he is very raw but has good size, is athletic and can definitely be a good LT if he is coached properly!

Nico Johnson is interesting. I've always liked him, but he's not as athletic as you'd like to see. I.e., how is he going to do in space in coverage? We REALLY need a linebacker who can cover. In that regard, Arthur Brown and/or Alec Ogletree may be the best options.

I also really like Kevin Minter. That dude is ferocious.
    you mentioned Arthur brown, who I understand to have a 2nd 3rd round grade. Isn't he insanely better value there than ogletree in the first?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    you mentioned Arthur brown, who I understand to have a 2nd 3rd round grade. Isn't he insanely better value there than ogletree in the first?
    Well, sure. However, Ogletree is 6'3" 240lbs and played safety until last year. It is going to be hard for any inside linebacker to compete with him athletically.

However, Brown is a good football player. Id be stoked with either guy.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post

Wicked,

What are your thoughts about Fisher for the O-Line? I hear he is very raw but has good size, is athletic and can definitely be a good LT if he is coached properly!
    I think he is a good prospect. He certainly has the size. Probably comparable to Nate Solder, but a little less refined.

I dont think Fisher will be there when we pick. Lot of teams out there that need tackles.

Blog Entries

I want Jarvis Jones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I want Jarvis Jones.
    He will be long gone. If they trade up, it better be for Joeckel or T'eo.