Page 66 of 333 FirstFirst ... 6465666768 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I saw Walter Football's latest mock had Cordarelle Patterson going to us in the 1st round. I hate the pick. Patterson's not one of my favorite WRs in the draft from what I've seen (which isn't a ton, because he's only played high level college ball one year.) He's a very good athlete with no route running ability or football intellect. Too many athletes like him have busted at the WR position over the last few years. I'd much rather have Da'Rick Rogers or Stedman Bailey in the 2nd, or Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, or any host of other guys in the 3rd and beyond.

Walter has a good site but I don't think he follows the Ravens at all or really has much of any understanding of our draft strategy, team needs, etc. He's much more plugged in with other teams. I don't see the Ravens drafting Patterson, certainly not in the 1st round when that would be a major reach anyway.
    WF is good for basic analysis and breakdown info, but the mocks are usually based solely on need. They have us taking Patterson in 2013 b/c they are convinced that we will let Boldin go. As we know, logical correlation is not the way Owings Mills works the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Well...Ray's retirement pretty much cements an ILB priority, if it wasn't cemented already.
    And we get his entire 2013 salary of $5.4M back on the left side of the ledger, correct?
    Brian's article corrects me. The savings is not quite as good. It will be $4.35M if they close the books before June.

http://russellstreetreport.com/the-s...is-retirement/

Blog Entries

Brian's article corrects me. The savings is not quite as good. It will be $4.35M if they close the books before June.

http://russellstreetreport.com/the-s...is-retirement/
    Every little bit helps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I saw Walter Football's latest mock had Cordarelle Patterson going to us in the 1st round. I hate the pick. Patterson's not one of my favorite WRs in the draft from what I've seen (which isn't a ton, because he's only played high level college ball one year.) He's a very good athlete with no route running ability or football intellect. Too many athletes like him have busted at the WR position over the last few years. I'd much rather have Da'Rick Rogers or Stedman Bailey in the 2nd, or Quinton Patton, Ryan Swope, or any host of other guys in the 3rd and beyond.

Walter has a good site but I don't think he follows the Ravens at all or really has much of any understanding of our draft strategy, team needs, etc. He's much more plugged in with other teams. I don't see the Ravens drafting Patterson, certainly not in the 1st round when that would be a major reach anyway.
    He has had us taking Tyrann Mathieu with a THIRD round pick for a long time now. His reasoning? Because Baltimore has used draft picks on "troubled" cornerbacks before.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He has had us taking Tyrann Mathieu with a THIRD round pick for a long time now. His reasoning? Because Baltimore has used draft picks on "troubled" cornerbacks before.
    I wouldn't hate that pick, but the reasoning is BS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post

I wouldn't hate that pick, but the reasoning is BS.
    I would be appalled if they spent a 3rd rounder on him. Maybe a 7th just to ensure you get him...but seriously, no thanks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries

Who to watch for in the Sugar Bowl tonight? I hope I'm wrong because this has all the signs of being similar to the Rose Bowl - 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game.

Louisville C Benavades,
    Florida DT - Floyd and Safety I can't remember his name

Edit: found this link also: http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...0/1028/rsslink

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Matt Elam.

He has kind of emerged as a legitimate 1st round possibility for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Who to watch for in the Sugar Bowl tonight? I hope I'm wrong because this has all the signs of being similar to the Rose Bowl - 3 yards and a cloud of dust type game.

Louisville C Benavades,
    Florida DT - Floyd and Safety I can't remember his name

Edit: found this link also: http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...0/1028/rsslink
    Florida's Jon Bostic at ILB is worth a look too. Whether for us or for completing a value big board.
    Also, TE Jordan Reed is a good player with crummy stats due to Florida's poor passing attack. He's got good speed for 6'3 240. Fast than our TEs, and has shiftiness like Pitta. Again...for a your value big board.

Ha!

Utah junior DE Joe Kruger will forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
    The stud among the Utes defensive line is Star Lotulelei, but Kruger offers strength on the edge. He could project as an end in a three man front, a position that is usually drafted earlier than expected. He led the team with six sacks in 2012 and has NFL pedigree.

Source: CollegeFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Credible? If so, we have no shot at Eric Fisher IMO. From Rotoworld:

Former NFL scout Russ Lande cites a "good source" that tells him Texas A&M junior T Jake Matthews will return for his senior season.
    This isn't a major surprise, although many expected the right tackle to enter this draft. Matthews likely wants a full season of tape on the left side, similarly to how the Pouncey brothers treated the NFL Draft and the center position. We will wait on official word after the Aggies' bowl game, however.

Credible? If so, we have no shot at Eric Fisher IMO. From Rotoworld:
    There are quite a few guys who are returning that I didn't expect.

If for no other reason, I want as many high juniors in the draft as possible as it adds depth and pushes more players down the board.

Anthony Barr for instance was a sure fire top 20 pick IMHO and I'm REALLY pissed that Mosely decided to return when he was probably going to be a first round pick as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.