Page 63 of 333 FirstFirst ... 6162636465 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I am willing to bet money that he will go at least early second round, he is the second best ILB in the draft IMO.
    He might.

I didn't think guys like Kendricks, David and Wagner would go in the second last year...and I really liked those guys.

It's just my opinion...and it doesn't mean I don't like him or anything.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I've never heard you mention Arthur brown, curious as to why?
    Honestly I haven't really watched a lot of Kansas State and I need to. A lot of people hold him in really high regard and the scouting notes I've read are very complimentary. Once I watch him I'll work him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah...i get the speed and athleticism part, but he really wants no part of linemen. Some guys that size relish contact...last year the one guy who was undersized but still extremely physical for his size was Lavonte David...I really liked him along with Mychal Kendricks and Bobby Wagner

I don't like Minter as a first round prospect.

And from what I've seen of Greene, he's even less physical than Ogletree.

I don't think so...they just spent a 3rd pick on Sean Spence...another one of those undersized speedy LB's that are all the craze now. Foote actually played really well this season and I'm sure they have plans on Spence taking over that spot. They'd have 2 incredibly athletic ILB's if Spence pans out with him and Timmons.
    Minter is definitely more of a very late 1st to 2nd round prospect. Frankly, I'm not super wild about getting ANY non-pass rushing LB in the 1st round. I think the Ravens could be in a tight spot at that position because it seems to me that a lot of the guys that will really appeal to them at their draft spot will be slight reaches, but sometimes you have to just do that.

Like I said, the best case scenario is to move down to the top of the 2nd and get Minter, Elam, or Jones, and maybe position yourself to get another fringe 1st round type guy if they drop into the middle of the 2nd. If they can't move down they should just grab Elam if he's there at 25.

Blog Entries

Check out the Wisconsin game, has some nice OL prospects, decent RB too.

Blog Entries

He might.

I didn't think guys like Kendricks, David and Wagner would go in the second last year...and I really liked those guys.

It's just my opinion...and it doesn't mean I don't like him or anything.
    All three have had good rookie years, especially Wagner. The second round seems to be the magic round if good ILB's.

To be honest, I really don't think Ogletree is a first round guy either, but the media at this point is hyping him as a middle of the first guy.

And really, it may all be moot as many see the late first as really early 2nd rounders early...I doubt there are really 32 guys with legit first round grades in this draft.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

To be honest, I really don't think Ogletree is a first round guy either, but the media at this point is hyping him as a middle of the first guy.

And really, it may all be moot as many see the late first as really early 2nd rounders early...I doubt there are really 32 guys with legit first round grades in this draft.
    You're probably right in that respect.

I will say... the strength of this draft is on the offensive and defensive lines. I would NOT be surprised to see a HUGE run on the linemen especially DL. There could be maybe as many as 15 or 16 defensive linemen going early. Guys like Margus Hunt, Shariff Floyd, Kawann Short... 2nd rounders right now but they could easily leap up into the 1st.

That could push a lot of prospects at LB, FS, and WR to fall... especially because outside of Manti Te'o there really aren't elite prospects at those 3 positions in this draft. That could help the Ravens.

7. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Minter was all over the place last night. I don't know if there is going to be a tackle in the mid 20s when we pick that will outweigh the need to a Ray Lewis replacement. I think Minter can be that guy, but he definitely isn't a RA RA go get 'em Ray Lewis spark dude, he's a lowkey guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Check out the Wisconsin game, has some nice OL prospects, decent RB too.
    Yeah I'm watching to see if that Stanford D can limit Ball

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Some of those there BYU kids have slightly different priorities than the rest of the world.

In this kids case maybe he feel another year will solidify his first round standing as opposed to being on the fringes. That can be significant amount of money beyond whatever other motivations there could be
    That is true, plus they usually are a few years older also.

About to tune in on Frederick for a little bit before my flight.

Blog Entries

I like Khaseem Greene a lot. Always have. He is a lot like Ayanbadejo, but he is someone who could be an every down linebacker.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Frederick looks strong as usual. He played guard last year (Frederick - Konz - Zeitler) so he brings versatility with him as well. Just missed Skov on that screen which was unfortunate...one of those "see you at the next level" matchups that I love about big college games.

I need to rewatch Alabama and Wisconsin 2011 film to see who played the better non-center position.

We'll see if Frederick announces his intentions before the wknd.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver