Page 6 of 266 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 3987
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ...somewhere on the Choptank..
    Posts
    588

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    I'll bet anyone on the board right now that if Tavon Austin is available when New England picks, he's a Patriot. Are you kidding; he'd take that Welker role and turn it up three notches. Bellicheat would be drooling on his hoodie.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    I'll bet anyone on the board right now that if Tavon Austin is available when New England picks, he's a Patriot. Are you kidding; he'd take that Welker role and turn it up three notches. Bellicheat would be drooling on his hoodie.
    I have him going a lot earlier to the Rams.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #78

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Western Kentucky's Andrew Jackson (ILB) is a serious man.

    6'1 265...but probably 6'0 and lighter.
    He's a collider AND he wraps up.
    Fast.
    Relentless.
    He could crawl out of bed and be our best run-stopper once the pads come on.
    I need to see tv/coaches tape and not highlights, but I'll give him 3rd round value due to size and school.




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    606

    Cool Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think Tavon Austin could very well be the top receiver taken in this draft. He's stupid fast, has good hands, runs good routes, can return kicks and punts, can line up in the backfield...when you look at the success of a Randall Cobb or a Darren Sproles, then I think you could easily see lots of teams clamoring for Austin early on in the draft. If he was 6'3" instead of 5'9", he'd likely be a hands down top 10 pick.

    Regarding Hankins - I too like him, but there is no way the Ravens would have a shot at him. He's going to be a top 10 pick. Jon Jenkins out of Georgia is a possibility.

    However, I really think that the Ravens are either going to go for Ogletree, Mosley, or an offensive lineman like Barrett Jones, Jon Cooper, or Chance Warmack in round 1.
    Wicked,

    What are your thoughts about Fisher for the O-Line? I hear he is very raw but has good size, is athletic and can definitely be a good LT if he is coached properly!




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nico Johnson is interesting. I've always liked him, but he's not as athletic as you'd like to see. I.e., how is he going to do in space in coverage? We REALLY need a linebacker who can cover. In that regard, Arthur Brown and/or Alec Ogletree may be the best options.

    I also really like Kevin Minter. That dude is ferocious.
    you mentioned Arthur brown, who I understand to have a 2nd 3rd round grade. Isn't he insanely better value there than ogletree in the first?




  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    you mentioned Arthur brown, who I understand to have a 2nd 3rd round grade. Isn't he insanely better value there than ogletree in the first?
    Well, sure. However, Ogletree is 6'3" 240lbs and played safety until last year. It is going to be hard for any inside linebacker to compete with him athletically.

    However, Brown is a good football player. Id be stoked with either guy.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post

    Wicked,

    What are your thoughts about Fisher for the O-Line? I hear he is very raw but has good size, is athletic and can definitely be a good LT if he is coached properly!
    I think he is a good prospect. He certainly has the size. Probably comparable to Nate Solder, but a little less refined.

    I dont think Fisher will be there when we pick. Lot of teams out there that need tackles.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I want Jarvis Jones.




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I want Jarvis Jones.
    He will be long gone. If they trade up, it better be for Joeckel or T'eo.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He will be long gone. If they trade up, it better be for Joeckel or T'eo.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    wouldn't it be a dream though, I can dream!




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, sure. However, Ogletree is 6'3" 240lbs and played safety until last year. It is going to be hard for any inside linebacker to compete with him athletically.

    However, Brown is a good football player. Id be stoked with either guy.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    browns instincts from the linebacker position are head and shoulders above ogletrees ATM obviously due to experience. He trusts what he sees, he can shed blocks, he stuffs the run, I've seen him play zone, play mags running backs and slot receivers. I seen him rush the passer as well.

    Concern with both is can they play in a 34 at the next level.

    Watch Kansas and Oklahoma, brown does a bit of everything in that game.




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    browns instincts from the linebacker position are head and shoulders above ogletrees ATM obviously due to experience. He trusts what he sees, he can shed blocks, he stuffs the run, I've seen him play zone, play mags running backs and slot receivers. I seen him rush the passer as well.

    Concern with both is can they play in a 34 at the next level.

    Watch Kansas and Oklahoma, brown does a bit of everything in that game.
    Brown is a heck of a defensive player. He really is.

    Regarding his size and being in a 3-4...well, lots of folks felt the same way about Navorro Bowman and Darryl Richardson and they've done nothing but excel.

    Brown is about 230lbs right now and could probably bump up into the high 230's. I'll take a guy with instincts and a bit on the smallish side over a behemoth any day of the week.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #88

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Brown is a heck of a defensive player. He really is.

    Regarding his size and being in a 3-4...well, lots of folks felt the same way about Navorro Bowman and Darryl Richardson and they've done nothing but excel.

    Brown is about 230lbs right now and could probably bump up into the high 230's. I'll take a guy with instincts and a bit on the smallish side over a behemoth any day of the week.
    This, i think we have to move away from just placing thumper after thumper in the middle, the game is evolving and we need athletes to keep up. Obviously NT is gonna be a key position for us to upgrade so if we can get one in the draft like say Jenkins from UGA and pair him up front with a healthy Ngata i think they can keep blockers off our ILB's enough to make up for Brown's lack of size. I think Brown sheds blocks and plays the run better then the average guy his size, plus he can make the calls, cover in space, etc.




  14. #89
    What vids are you guys watching on Brown? And what value are y'all talking about. I see a good player but 4-5 value.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,933
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    What vids are you guys watching on Brown? And what value are y'all talking about. I see a good player but 4-5 value.
    I see late 2nd at the highest. Lavonte David is a very comparable linebacker and he went at pick 58 last year.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland