Page 58 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5657585960 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

They need somebody new at LT. Then, whoever they want at RT, the other goes inside.

New LT, Oher/Osemele, Gradkowski, Yanda, Oher/Osemele.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They need somebody new at LT. Then, whoever they want at RT, the other goes inside.

That is definitely the preferred solution, but it requires the Ravens to 1) Find a new LT who can win the job in year 1, and 2) have Oher and/or Osemele adjust well to new positions.

We know the Ravens won't likely reach to satisfy the need at LT, so don't be surprised if our 2013 OL turns over fewer players than we might hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

I agree with this...new pieces + movement; not just movement.

Jah looks like 2nd string quality. As is Harewood.
    KO has gotten better, but I'm not sure he's an NFL tackle.
    Oher...I can't trust the guy to put together consecutive good games.
    Gino needs to have a heck of an OS.

[Albert (free agency) - KO - Frederick (2nd rounder if he declares) - Yanda - Oher] would be a good wall for Joe and Ray.
    I would even roll the dice a bit with [Albert - Brian Winters (3rd rounder) - Frederick - Yanda - KO]

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I agree with this...new pieces + movement; not just movement.

Jah looks like 2nd string quality. As is Harewood.
    KO has gotten better, but I'm not sure he's an NFL tackle.
    Oher...I can't trust the guy to put together consecutive good games.
    Gino needs to have a heck of an OS.

[Albert (free agency) - KO - Frederick (2nd rounder if he declares) - Yanda - Oher] would be a good wall for Joe and Ray.
    I would even roll the dice a bit with [Albert - Brian Winters (3rd rounder) - Frederick - Yanda - KO]
    Where is this notion that the Ravens can sign Branden Albert coming from? The Chiefs have oodles of cap space and will have a new QB in 2013 that they need to surround with talent. Albert is a good left tackle--not elite, but certainly good enough.

If the Chiefs aren't able to resign him I have little doubt they'll franchise him. Even taking into consideration that Albert is a local kid, I highly doubt he'll be in purple and black next year. If we get a new LT it'll be through the draft. There's almost no point in debating otherwise.

I agree, our LT will come in the draft or is already on the roster(KO or Oher). Seeing Oher get destroyed at times on the right side going up against Dunlap was definitely disappointing. At this point i'd look to draft a LT, start Gino, and maybe move Oher to LG.

Blog Entries

I think they may give KO a shot at LT, but dammit...just let the fucking kid play ONE position! Part of Oher's issues are because he has bounced back and forth. While RT and LT require a lot of the same skills, it is still kind of hard to develop any amount of continuity or consistency when you're playing a different spot each year.

I'd much rather them leave Oher at RT. At least then we'll know we have a strong right side and can just focus on the left. Be that getting a guard or a LT prospect to push Oher, who knows.

For the record, I love, love, love the idea of going after Brian Winters in the 3rd or 4th round. He's tough as nails and is a very underrated player. He might be a solid guard too if the coaching staff is hellbent on keeping Oher at LT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Count me in on the Winter's bandwagon as well, would be a quality 3rd round pick

I would like to see us nab Aboushi from VA in the 2nd round if he's there. good size, good motor, smart player. Great value pick IMO

Blog Entries

what' everyones take on lane johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I would like to see us nab Aboushi from VA in the 2nd round if he's there. good size, good motor, smart player. Great value pick IMO
    Aboushi's my guy in the 2nd. I have an OT in pretty much each round that I like a lot and think the Ravens have a shot at. (Fisher in the 1st, Aboushi in the 2nd, Wagner in the 3rd, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    what' everyones take on lane johnson?
    I think he's way more of a project than a lot of people think. He's only been an offensive tackle 2 years and a LT 1 year and he has a ton to work on both in the weight room and with his technique. I'd be hesitant to take him even in the 2nd and a lot of mocks I've seen have him going mid to early in that round. Seems high for a guy who will take at least 2 years to become a starter.

He does have LT potential though. I'll watch him closely vs. Damontre Moore, obviously that matchup will be enormous for his draft stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Aboushi's my guy in the 2nd. I have an OT in pretty much each round that I like a lot and think the Ravens have a shot at. (Fisher in the 1st, Aboushi in the 2nd, Wagner in the 3rd, etc
    Definitely would love to see Aboushi and Wagner in the 2nd and 3rd, but for the 1st I would either want Barrett Jones if available or an interior D-lineman

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Said it before the season started and I still stand by it. He will be the best left tackle to emerge from this draft. He's the one guy I wanted before the year even kicked off.

I have now also fell I love with Matt Elam and Arthur brown.

That's my ideal first three, Elam oday and ab.

Of course that means signing a nt in free agency, bmore, wants Knighton, I can live with that.