Page 52 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Hey wicked, I know that you like Ansah from BYU. I was watching film on him last night, and he plays 5 technique for them, he plays in the same way as JJ Watt. I would not be against spending a first round pick on him at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey wicked, I know that you like Ansah from BYU. I was watching film on him last night, and he plays 5 technique for them, he plays in the same way as JJ Watt. I would not be against spending a first round pick on him at all.
    Me either. I don't think he'll last that long though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I HOPE that teams pass up on him worrying too much about the fact that he hasn't played football for that long. I actually prefer him to Dion Jordan.

Essentially a guy like Ansah and a ILB in the 2nd or 3rd round paired up with Ellerbe would fix this defense long term.

Blog Entries

I HOPE that teams pass up on him worrying too much about the fact that he hasn't played football for that long. I actually prefer him to Dion Jordan.

Essentially a guy like Ansah and a ILB in the 2nd or 3rd round paired up with Ellerbe would fix this defense long term.
    Yea, but the same things were being said about JPP a couple of years ago too and look how that turned out. Ansah is VERY athletic for his size and that is going to attract a lot of teams looking for a pass rusher.

Blog Entries

David Fales may be another sleeper QB pick up later in the draft.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/ViewArti...CLID=205438737

I watched him carve up Bowling Green this week. He has a nice quick release and he does a really nice job throwing guys open.

I'll have to run the DVR on Fales, but he hit my radar only about 2-3 weeks ago...I went to ESPN.com and did a sort on college QB accuracy and he was #1. I've only watched some highlight tape on him so far. Saw him live earlier this year, but I was too sauced to provide any kind of evaluation. It was also a turnover filled game with no scoring but FGs so I didn't pay Fales any mind really.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.

They've had him everywhere across the front seven this season. Even a little 0 technique.
    I've liked him since I first saw him in October, but I'm not sure about 1st round value quite yet (a day 1 difference maker for me). If so though, SEA and CIN could bite.

Thinking about it though, if we don't re-sign Kruger, Upshaw is such a lousy pass rusher that we may become attracted to Ansah.

Blog Entries

I haven't gone through all 31 pages, so forgive me if he's already been talked about.

What are the thoughts about Margus Hunt from SMU? Think he makes it to the 2nd round? 6'8" 280, guy is a beast.

I dont either, i was working on a mock and just looking at team needs and there is a lot of teams that need pass rushing. My bold prediction lol is that ansah goes 16th overall to New Orleans

David Fales may be another sleeper QB pick up later in the draft.

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/ViewArti...CLID=205438737

I watched him carve up Bowling Green this week. He has a nice quick release and he does a really nice job throwing guys open.
    I watched that game on my phone from work, i like Fales, seemed to have a solid arm, liked his pocket awareness and anticipation. I would take him in the late rounds for sure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I dont either, i was working on a mock and just looking at team needs and there is a lot of teams that need pass rushing. My bold prediction lol is that ansah goes 16th overall to New Orleans
    I have him going to the Giants right now IIRC. The Saints could be a good spot too.

Finally got around to watching Stedman Bailey closely. "Studman", I will call him from here on.

The short...he seldom takes a wasted step through his routes. He gets in and out of his out routes very well. Also, he doesn't seem to lean into his posts or slants at all. This is the second greatest error IMO of NFL receivers; leaning into breaks. Mega, Wayne, Johnson...everyone does it, and it's a great tell for DBs. Studman doesn't seem to have that habit. He plants and goes...earning himself additional cushion by leaving the DB still back pedalling for an extra step or two.

Comparing him to Quinton Patton, Studman doesn't quite have the foot quickness, but he doesn't have any wasted movement either, so he's more efficient with his quickness than Patton, but looks to be just as effective judging by the releases that he gets and how often he makes the first man miss after his hitch route receptions.

I'm still not sure who I value more, Patton or Studman. Once you factor out the physical differences, I think you have much of the same, but the differentiator would be that Studman can create space at the snap as well as on his breaks. Patton excels at creating space at the snap and doesn't get as much as he should IMO with his height. An x-factor that Patton does have is his blocking. He locks guys up extremely well.

Either way, having looked at all of the top 25 WRs (according to CBSsports.com) closely except Mallette, Wheaton and Vernon; Patton and Studman are my highest value guys so far.

Generally, there are a lot of tall athletes with average skill sets at the position this year. I'm expecting that 3-4 athletes will Combine well and leapfrog Patton ("The General", fans call him) and Studman in "perceived" value, and that's great for us. IMO once you past Geno Smith, 3 OTs and 2 Gs, I don't think there's better offensive skill than either of these two guys.