Page 50 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If you're thinking of Quanterus Smith for WKU, he blew out his ACL like a week ago I think. He probably won't be drafted now, which is a terrible shame because he was a really good small-school prospect.

And I agree with everybody on Eric Fisher... footwork and technique are really solid, nice knee bend for such a big guy, and he uses his hands well. He is 100% a legit LT prospect in the NFL. I think he'll be a riser on draft day. I actually think he's a better prospect just in terms of skill set and upside than Taylor Lewan.
    yeah him, daamn, never knew that, what a shame. I thought he could have been a great developmental player for a team. Could have gone as early as the late 2nd round.

Blog Entries

Man this QB sucks ass

Blog Entries

If you're thinking of Quanterus Smith for WKU, he blew out his ACL like a week ago I think. He probably won't be drafted now, which is a terrible shame because he was a really good small-school prospect.

And I agree with everybody on Eric Fisher... footwork and technique are really solid, nice knee bend for such a big guy, and he uses his hands well. He is 100% a legit LT prospect in the NFL. I think he'll be a riser on draft day. I actually think he's a better prospect just in terms of skill set and upside than Taylor Lewan.
    Agreed and a bit factor in that could be that Lewan spent several years in a gadget offense that didn't require him to pass block too much.

There is A LOT of tape on Fisher as a pass blocker.

At this point, I think he could be the 2nd tackle off the board. I would be VERY surprised he if made it past pick 25.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty interested in the UCLA/Baylor game too. Their QB is a freshman and could seriously boost his stock to maybe even the #1 overall pick in a couple of years. Nice arm. Nice mobility.

Blog Entries

I really like Conner Vernon out of Duke as a mid round pick. Nice size (6'2" 200lbs) and excellent hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agreed and a bit factor in that could be that Lewan spent several years in a gadget offense that didn't require him to pass block too much.

There is A LOT of tape on Fisher as a pass blocker.

At this point, I think he could be the 2nd tackle off the board. I would be VERY surprised he if made it past pick 25.
    I just remember how guys like Reilly Reiff were locks to be gone in the top ten, hell I even heard Jonathan Martin wouldn't make it past 20 last year. Reiff fell past 20 into the Lions lap, and Martin fell to the second round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I just remember how guys like Reilly Reiff were locks to be gone in the top ten, hell I even heard Jonathan Martin wouldn't make it past 20 last year. Reiff fell past 20 into the Lions lap, and Martin fell to the second round.
    Neither of those guys had the footwork that Fisher has...Fisher is also 2-3" taller than them too.

I know what you're saying. I just think that Reiff and Martin were looked at as "possible" left tackles, but definite right tackles. Fisher, on the other hand, seems to be a no-BS left tackle.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty interested in the UCLA/Baylor game too. Their QB is a freshman and could seriously boost his stock to maybe even the #1 overall pick in a couple of years. Nice arm. Nice mobility.
    I love Anthony Barr at UCLA, undersized pass rusher, he's going back to school next yr though.

Fisher is no doubt a plug and play guy, him and KO as bookends for the next 4 to 5 years would be terrific.

I really like Conner Vernon out of Duke as a mid round pick. Nice size (6'2" 200lbs) and excellent hands.
    Yeah, he's a good player. I like how they highlighted Sean Renfree too, not too common that a 6'4 QB with an NFL caliber arm flies under the radar so much, but he looks like a real player to me. Mechanics not too bad, pretty good decisionmaker although he struggled with INTs early in his career... and he's been brought up by the guy who coached Peyton and Eli.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens drop a 6th or 7th on him as a higher-upside backup for Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You know, you're right to bring that up. It happened with Bryan Bulaga a few years ago too, everyone thought for sure he'd be a top 15 prospect as a LT, but lo and behold he falls to Green Bay in the late 20's. Fisher COULD fall, but a lot of teams need quality OTs and this isn't a super deep draft.

The Ravens have some talented developmental WR's in Thompson and Streeter, be nice to have another QB on the roster that can run the offense and operate soundly from the pocket to help those guys in TC and preseason. Look what Thompson was able to do with Painter, imagine what he could do with a more talented pocket QB.

Blog Entries

Yeah, he's a good player. I like how they highlighted Sean Renfree too, not too common that a 6'4 QB with an NFL caliber arm flies under the radar so much, but he looks like a real player to me. Mechanics not too bad, pretty good decisionmaker although he struggled with INTs early in his career... and he's been brought up by the guy who coached Peyton and Eli.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens drop a 6th or 7th on him as a higher-upside backup for Flacco.
    I would be happy with that as well. Renfree offers a lot more than Tyrod does as a passer.