Page 5 of 333 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore to enter the draft.

I'm surprised to hear this. I don't see anyone spending a high draft pick on a guy who may not even be able to play next year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj1D...ature=g-user-u

Central Michigan's offense vs. Iowa ...aka Eric Fisher film!

Thicker trunk than I anticipated. Looks pretty damn quick on pulls. I like his feet...very little or no wasted steps. Good banana.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-and--ogletree

Great article. What's everyone's opinion on brown? I like the sound of him. Maybe too small to play 34 ilb

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I'm surprised to hear this. I don't see anyone spending a high draft pick on a guy who may not even be able to play next year.
    Well, according to his statement, he thinks being on an NFL team gives him the best medical care available to rehab his injury, and therefore the best opportunity to return to the field. I don't think he expects to be drafted high, but he expects to be drafted and prepped for the following season.

Blog Entries

I'm now feeling that we are going to go LB heavy, especially after reading Filmstudy's current D report.... not good on Bynes or McClain.
    Maybe not 1st round (do need LT - who doesnt?)
    but we are dinged now with age and at the end of our depth.
    Ray - no hometown discount here.... he gets a hometown bonus factored in, but it is still right player/right price mantra.... is he willing to play in the 2 mil range with incentives?

Ayanbadjo- 266,666 cap hit if cut, he'll be 11yrs, he gets competition

Bynes- hasn't stepped up yet, very short window for the light to go on left.

There is still Ricky Brown on IR

Kruger to get signed or priced out of our equation

McClain, McClellan

So I can see us going LB heavy this draft. I know this thread is focusing on the top (best we can do this early with limited info)...... just saying my interest is tweaked with every LB mentioned

Memories of 2007 Antwan Barnes, Prescott Burgess, Edgar Jones, and last-cut Haley

With all that said, I'll toss out Dion Jordan OLB Oregon 6'7" 245 who looks like has pass defense abilities but not top rounds unless he blows his 40 off the charts.... PAC 10 looks like they have a couple who can do that. I'm not a fan at all of Pac 10 but I will be watching that position in any of their bowl games I catch
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

McGahee went in the first round even with a blown out knee. I could see late 1st early 2nd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    McGahee went in the first round even with a blown out knee. I could see late 1st early 2nd.
    McGahee didn't also come with a fairly substantial injury history IIRC.

Lattimore has missed a lot of games the past 2 years.

I could see a team spending a 2nd rounder on him, but I'd be REALLY surprised if they went for Lattimore when they could get guys like Montee Ball, Giovani Bernard, Joseph Randle, or Stepfan Taylor in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Here is a really good analysis of LB's Arthur Brown and Alec Ogletree...I like both of these guys. Depending on how Ray returns i'd be all for resigning Ellerbe and starting him alongside Ray and letting one of these guys play in the nickel next year while they groom and bulk up to eventually take over for Ray.

One prospect that has been catching my eye a lot is Georgia's John Jenkins (DT): for a guy that is 6'3 358 he is pretty damn quick. Him and Ngata on the inside could be pretty interesting. The problem is with value at the bottom of the 2nd. If there isn't an ILB or LT (there won't be) worth the pick I'd rather grab a guy that I think has great potential and brings in the size and quickness to be dangerous. Not comparing him to Ngata, but he is a similar build (little bigger weight wise), but has that quickness I see in Ngata.

Other guy in the 1st that address the OL: Sylvester Williams (UNC) and Jesse Williams (Bama). Just something to think about it as our DL is also just disgusting.

There are some interesting mid draft ILB who have some potential such as Skov (Stan), Minter (LSU), Mauti (Penn St) and Nico Johnson from Bama who I am actually quite big on (I watch a lot of Bama)

A 2nd round LT prospect who I think can eventually be a quality starter is Aboushi from VA. There will not be a trade up to get LJ or Lewan so we can forget that. Aboushi is a LT who has a lot of upside. An ideal 3 rounds in my opinion would be:

1) Jenkins
    2) Aboushi
    3) Skov

Just trying to think outside the box and give an idea how to get the best value for needs

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post

Here is a really good analysis of LB's Arthur Brown and Alec Ogletree...I like both of these guys. Depending on how Ray returns i'd be all for resigning Ellerbe and starting him alongside Ray and letting one of these guys play in the nickel next year while they groom and bulk up to eventually take over for Ray.

The only thing about Ray (and in no way would I ever knock him because he is my holy god) is that we are paying him around 5 mill (can't remember the exact figure) and no way is he worth that anymore. I can't see him taking a cut and in no way would I ever want the Ravens to cut him, but I think he's done now. I would like to see him retire and become the motivational coach of the Ravens haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    McGahee was a great college player. Lattimore isn't close to being as good a prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    McGahee was a great college player. Lattimore isn't close to being as good a prospect.
    My head would explode if they target an RB with Pierce on the roster. RBs are a dime a dozen and you certainly don't have to take one in an early round.