Page 49 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Jack Doyle (6'6, 253 lbs) the WKU TE is someone else that is catching my eye, just made a one handed grab in the end zone. He's like a two inch taller version of Pitta. We could do with another TE, Dickson has underwhelmed this year. Someone to look out for in the later rounds.

Blog Entries

Watching the Central Mich/WKU game as well.

Eric Fisher looks good...but again, how is he going to fare against better talent? He will be one to watch at the Senior Bowl if he gets an invite (don't see why he wouldn't).

Another Central Mich guy that I like is their WR Cody Wilson. He is about 5'10" and maybe 192-195lbs. NICE route runner. He catches the ball very well and he has nice quickness. I believe he is a sophomore though, so he could be a nice Day 2 option in 2014.

Regarding Andrew Jackson...he's a load. That's for sure. Not real impressed with his lateral quickness though, but as a north/south guy he is pretty darn good. He takes on blockers decently, but when someone gets a chip on him from the side he has a hard time shaking that. I like the way he tracks the ball carrier down. He did miss a tackle or two early on in the game. I think he could be a solid 2-down linebacker in the NFL and maybe if he gets into a 3-4 team he could be an every down guy. I just don't know that he can really drop into coverage well enough to be an every down guy. As a 5t or 6th rounder? Absolutely. As a 2nd or 3rd? I don't see it at this point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jack Doyle (6'6, 253 lbs) the WKU TE is someone else that is catching my eye, just made a one handed grab in the end zone. He's like a two inch taller version of Pitta. We could do with another TE, Dickson has underwhelmed this year. Someone to look out for in the later rounds.
    Michael Williams is who I wouldn't mind them grabbing. TE out of Alabama. More of a run blocking TE, but he is a decent receiver. 6'6" 270lbs.

Blog Entries
    Doyle had a helluva TD catch and I still think Jackson looks kinda short.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Michael Williams is who I wouldn't mind them grabbing. TE out of Alabama. More of a run blocking TE, but he is a decent receiver. 6'6" 270lbs.
    He goes to the Ravens in my 5 round mock draft in the 5th round haha. I like him a lot too

Regarding Fisher, isn't he going up against a solid mid round pass rush prospect? Can't remember his name, but he's a 6'5 beast.

Blog Entries

Andrew Jackson would be a solid 5th round pick IMO. He is pretty much a day one starter as a 3-4 2 down ILB. Our run defense as been awful this year, he can really help out with that, not saying he should be our Ray Lewis replacement, and I still think we take a more athletic LB like a Gerald Hodges in the 3rd or a Shayne Skov in the 2nd, but there is nothing wrong with doubling up, and getting a guy who can help fix a weakness.

Blog Entries
    Fishers has a huge wingspan

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't know why folks say Fisher is raw...nice footwork. Really nice footwork. Very quick lateral movement and nice use of his hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't know why folks say Fisher is raw...nice footwork. Really nice footwork. Very quick lateral movement and nice use of his hands.
    Not that he's anything special, but I heard Fisher completely stonewalled Gholston in every snap when they played Michigan. Gholston is a mid round prospect.

Blog Entries

Yea, I'd be pretty damn satisfied with Fisher in the 1st round if the Ravens can get him. May take a bit getting him better techniques as a run blocker, but man...he'd probably be the best pass blocker on the Ravens' squad from day 1.

Blog Entries

Not that he's anything special, but I heard Fisher completely stonewalled Gholston in every snap when they played Michigan. Gholston is a mid round prospect.
    Yea, Gholston - physically - can outdo pretty much any OT...but he doesn't seem to give 100% effort.

He goes to the Ravens in my 5 round mock draft in the 5th round haha. I like him a lot too

Regarding Fisher, isn't he going up against a solid mid round pass rush prospect? Can't remember his name, but he's a 6'5 beast.
    If you're thinking of Quanterus Smith for WKU, he blew out his ACL like a week ago I think. He probably won't be drafted now, which is a terrible shame because he was a really good small-school prospect.

And I agree with everybody on Eric Fisher... footwork and technique are really solid, nice knee bend for such a big guy, and he uses his hands well. He is 100% a legit LT prospect in the NFL. I think he'll be a riser on draft day. I actually think he's a better prospect just in terms of skill set and upside than Taylor Lewan.