Page 4 of 333 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Which could indicate that they are liking Doss more as the #3 receiver, which also points to Jacoby not being worth $4 mill.
    So thinking about our common ground on trading up for The Joker...passing on Jacoby and Boldin alone would give us $10M to pursue Clady, and we'd get our 1st, 2nd and 4th back.

And yes...I understand the risk of dropping Boldin during Joe's "all-in"/tag year. Always tough to balance the short term and the long term...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

That's what I'm saying.

Pull a Falcons and take a guy who you KNOW is going to impact from day 1.

T'eo
    Joeckel
    Star Lotulelei
    Jarvis Jones
    Damontre Moore

That's not Ozzie's style. He never counts on a draft pick having an impact from day 1. Even for someone he targets, like Upshaw last year or Flacco before that, he's still willing to risk losing by trading down to get as much value as possible. Ozzie will trade up a couple of spots but he's not making that big trade like the Falcons did.

Blog Entries

This Clady talk is insane. The Broncos didn't just spend a fortune on Manning to let him get beat up by letting his best o-lineman go. They'll either come to a deal or franchise him. There is no way that Clady hits the free agent market.

Boldin isn't really a receiver. He's actually a very short tight end.

I can't see us letting go of him. He's been too reliable and has always come through for us. And perhaps most importantly, he makes numerous crucial downfield blocks that no other receivers on our roster can do nearly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This Clady talk is insane. The Broncos didn't just spend a fortune on Manning to let him get beat up by letting his best o-lineman go. They'll either come to a deal or franchise him. There is no way that Clady hits the free agent market.
    I'm not going to let you destroy my dream GOTA.

Peyton wins it all...rides off into the sunset
    DEN decides to address other concerns
    Clady comes east

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm not going to let you destroy my dream GOTA.

Peyton wins it all...rides off into the sunset
    DEN decides to address other concerns
    Clady comes east
    :D

Whatever gets you though the tough times.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's not Ozzie's style. He never counts on a draft pick having an impact from day 1. Even for someone he targets, like Upshaw last year or Flacco before that, he's still willing to risk losing by trading down to get as much value as possible. Ozzie will trade up a couple of spots but he's not making that big trade like the Falcons did.
    I know that isn't his style.

It should be though.

If you know that there is 1 guy in the draft that you can move up, take, and count on them to have an immediate impact...why wouldn't you do that?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I know that isn't his style.

It should be though.

If you know that there is 1 guy in the draft that you can move up, take, and count on them to have an immediate impact...why wouldn't you do that?
    Because Ozzie will say that you can't count on any draft pick to have an immediate impact. We see sure thing players bomb out all the time. Ozzie is a conservative drafter. After 17 years he's not going to suddenly change the way he does things in year 18. I'm not saying you're wrong but I can's see that happening as long as Ozzie is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Let's assume that Kruger and Reed were to command the same in free agency (an assumption that's probably wrong since Reed doesn't seem fond of any hometown discounts)

You would rather keep Reed for 1-2 more years over Kruger for 3-5? How do you figure that?
    Reed gives us a better chance to win now. Also, Kruger's role can be taken over by a rookie. It's not hard to to find situational pass rushers aka one trick ponies.

Any ACC diehards watch Duke's Sean Renfree play?

He's had a solid senior year.
    Only threw more than 1 INT once and that was vs. Stanford (2 INTs).
    6'4...225lbs with a strong arm.
    66% completion.
    Smart...already working on his Master degree.

Here's CBS' favorable write up:
    Renfree is a traditional drop back passer and looks the part with a tall, filled out frame. He has a strong arm to easily make all the throws and does a nice job working through his progressions to find the open target. Renfree shows excellent chemistry with his receivers and is a confident thrower, never appearing shy to take chances downfield. The career statistics aren't glamorous (32-30 TD-INT ratio), but he has all the tools NFL scouts look for at the next level. And it won't hurt that his collegiate head coach is the same offensive mind that mentored Peyton and Eli Manning.

Warning: He's a quiet leader ;)

That's what I'm saying.

Pull a Falcons and take a guy who you KNOW is going to impact from day 1.

T'eo
    Joeckel
    Star Lotulelei
    Jarvis Jones
    Damontre Moore

No on Jarvis Jones. Not in the first round and not in the 2nd round. He is a 4-3 OLB at best. He is terrible against the run and was buried by Alabama. They ran at him the entire game.

From SI via rotoworld

SI's Tony Pauline is hearing that Stanford junior TEs Zach Ertz and Levine Toilolo are "leaning towards staying in school."
    This is a mild surprise for Ertz since the tight end put together an excellent season. Toilolo is more of an inline type but was inconsistent from game to game. Still, both project as second day picks and would be paired with third tight end/fullback Ryan Hewitt next season to once again form an excellent trio. Source: Sports Illustrated