Page 39 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I like what I've heard about Rogers, sounds better than Jeffrey in that he might be able to get separation at the NFL level!
    SepErAtIOn?

What's that?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I like what I've heard about Rogers, sounds better than Jeffrey in that he might be able to get separation at the NFL level!
    I like Rogers a lot too. In fact, I've seen some mocks that have the Ravens targeting him in the 2nd round. While I'm not entirely sure that is feasible - I think he'll go earlier - he would be an outstanding edition. Good size at 6'3" 210lbs. Nice speed. Runs decent routes. However, I love that the guy is really tough to bring down.

His off-field issues are a concern though. He got kicked off of Tennessee's program and if you guys know anything about Tennessee's football program, you have to be a REAL shit head to get kicked out of school there. If you don't believe me, read up on Erik Ainge.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Does anybody know if Eifert is declaring this year? Another player to consider in the second round. We aren't exactly set at TE, and need a difference maker who can also block.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Talented, but inconsistent.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    sounds very similar to someone else I know ;) The kid has a helluva arm, someone will reach for him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

From everything I've read and seen of this draft class, I agree that trading down into the second and then trading up from the third would be the best way to attack it. I know we have traded down recently, but the strength of this class seems to play fairly well into some of our needs. The chance to trade down and up and get guys like Austin, Bailey, Rogers, Arthur Brown, Minter and so on really would provide potential at differing positions we need help at.

But then, depends who is on the board when the Ravens' first rounder comes up.

Blog Entries

I am amazed at Stedman Baily, how is this guy so underrated? His tape says first round to me, very strong for such a little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Tavon Austin. I actually think Stedman Bailey is the better of the two prospects. I haven't watched Quinton Patton at all so I have no clue on him. I like Ryan Swope, think he's a good fit for a WCO team. His route running is good, good hands, pretty good after the catch... but not really elite at anything. He may have also been helped by playing with some very good quarterbacks.

This draft class isn't too strong at WR, I agree. I've been looking at big, physical WRs to replace Boldin lately, so let me comment on my thoughts on 3 of em. I just finished watching some tape of Keenan Allen, and I'm not really sure what I think of him. I think he has some precision in his route running but he gets sloppy at times and he isn't super quick out of his breaks. He reminds me a bit of Anquan in that respect, guys who are savvy but just don't have a lot of lateral agility. He also doesn't have elite body control or hand catching at this point. Don't think he's worth a 1st round pick.

Just got done watching a little bit of Justin Hunter as well, this guy is also a 1st rounder? Maybe I need to watch more but he doesn't catch the ball with his hands and doesn't use his height and length all that well. Not knocked out by him either...

The guy I've watched recently that I liked the most was Da'Rick Rogers. Best body control, hands, and route running I've seen. Nice sharp cuts despite his big frame, and he uses his big frame better than either of the other two guys. He should be around in the 2nd given his character issues but I think he's the most talented "big" WR I've watched so far.
    I really like Stedman Bailey and i think he'd bring an element that would give us maybe what we need most, a drive extending yac guy. Hopefully the compensatory gods bless us and depending on there we could trade down into the early 2nd then be ultra aggressive with the accumalation of picks. Bailey is probably a late 2nd early 3rd round guy but without some moving around the board i dont know if we'd have the luxury to take him outright with all the defensive needs. Also dont sleep on Cobi Hamilton, he's a big guy but he's suprisingly agile and good in short areas.

Btw BYU LB Kyle Van Noy balled out last night, i know he's active, has been an edge rusher in a 3-4 type scheme. Anybody seen him? seen him in coverage?

Not a player question, but what would you guys think about bringing back Mike Pettine? He apparently declined an extension with the Jets.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a player question, but what would you guys think about bringing back Mike Pettine? He apparently declined an extension with the Jets.
    I don't blame him for not resigning with that mess of a franchise. I would absolutely welcome that, he's done a good job with the Jets as the DC since he's been there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I would welcome that move as well. The Ravens would be getting Rex's defensive schemes, without have to deal with Rex's personality.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Btw BYU LB Kyle Van Noy balled out last night, i know he's active, has been an edge rusher in a 3-4 type scheme. Anybody seen him? seen him in coverage?
    I hate to admit it but I try to watch every bowl game just to get a look at some guys I haven't seen.
    Yes I watched the majority of that game and Noy blocked a punt and pretty much won the game in the 2nd half but he was invisible the first half. That game was more about two horrible offenses.

The guy that really impressed me was the Aztecs LB Jake Fely. He looked like the best player on the field and plays with a chip on his shoulder due to his size. What a motor

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!