Page 331 of 333 FirstFirst ... 329330331332333 LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,972 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd volunteer, but bear in mind, I don't know ANYTHING about these players past what I can find on draft sites...

But if you're struggling to find people, I'll do my HW when I call in my picks :)
    I don't watch much college ball, but I do my research when my pick comes so I think it'd be fine. Would love to have you on board. Even if we could get like 16 people and everyone double up picks, I'd rather have that then a half ass one that takes 2 weeks to do 1 round

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Anyone interested in getting a post-combine mock going? We'll try and make some better rules to speed it up
    You know I am game.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for this mock.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for this mock.
    Ha, maybe it should just be 5 of us...randomly assign order...whatever team you get is who you pick for.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I believe a better idea of substance would be taking the person you believe will become the better pro player. You don't take a DT or ILB over Austin if you feel that Austin will 'certainly' become the better pro player. That's why certain teams continue to draft in the top 10 year after year.
    So true! Glad you said that. Austin is a quality player, no doubt. Thus the question becomes if Austin falls to the Ravens at #32 is he definitely a better player adn/or have a better upside than say a DT (a position that Ozzie siad was the most important need) or Safety, particularly if Reed is no re-signed and really even if he is, or ILB-especially if the team loses Ellerbe as we all sure hope doesn't happen.

Or to put it another way does Austin stand above the following: Cyprien, Montgomery, Short, Te'o, Minter, Hankins, Jesse Williams, Elam, Ogletree, Okafor, Jenkins...

Now that is a rhetorical question I am posing as we could argue who is better than whom till the cows come home, and besides everyone has these guys in slightly different orders anyway. The point though is that Austin is one of a bunch of players with similar grades and different upsides and weaknesses and IMO you can't single him out: it would not be a reach to pick one of these guys instead of Austin. That combined with the fact that if we keep Jones and Boldin then WR is not nearly an area of need, makes the Ravens picking Austin look like an Oakland Raiders pick. Nice window dressing but doesn't help the Ravens in any particular way. Myself, I would look at WR later in the draft with say Austin's teammate Stedman Bailey or Cris Harper or Marquise Goodwin.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ha, maybe it should just be 5 of us...randomly assign order...whatever team you get is who you pick for.

I actually really like this idea

Blog Entries

Seeing as the Ravens have interest in Ricky Jean Francois, a rotational DT from San Fran, I went to watch tape on NFL game pass of all the games he started in. RDE and LDE are not great needs on the line, Arthur Jones, and Pernell McPhee are developing into solid players, I think both have a lot of potential. Haloti Ngata is still an all pro caliber player. NT is where we need a drastic improvement at, both Terrence Cody and Kemo were awful this season.

So I watched Jean Francois starting NT against the Jets back in week 4. Despite an under sized weight on paper to play NT (295 lbs), he holds him self well at the LOS, and didn't get pushed off much by Nick Mangold. He was a force in run defense and would constantly hold Mangold off and sometimes Slauson to allow the supporting cast to stop the run. He also had a sack on Sanchez, and should have really had another one as he did all the work on Slauson to allow Aldon Smith to make the sack. He plays a lot bigger and stronger than his weight suggests, and he looks to be in great shape, and is probably heavier than what they're listing him as. He is a hybrid between a NT and a DE on a 3 man front, and would be an instant upgrade over Cody at NT. He would also provide good depth at both DE spots should he need to move over as he has started and played well at that position too.

It would be a nice cheap signing that would be a typical Ozzie move. He's a decent fit for our defense and is still relatively young.

This option is obviously only if he falls, but say Vaccaro falls to around the 23-25th pick range, would anyone be interested in trading up for him?

This is a big IF, but you never know with runs on OL and pass rushers teams could reach.

Vaccaro is easily the best safety in the league and would be a formidable replacement for Reed

However I do acknowledge he could end up going in the 14-18 range (mark barron went way earlier than expected to compare)

Thoughts?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    This option is obviously only if he falls, but say Vaccaro falls to around the 23-25th pick range, would anyone be interested in trading up for him?

This is a big IF, but you never know with runs on OL and pass rushers teams could reach.

Vaccaro is easily the best safety in the league and would be a formidable replacement for Reed

However I do acknowledge he could end up going in the 14-18 range (mark barron went way earlier than expected to compare)

Thoughts?
    No. Merely because what it'd cost you, at least a third, there is a 3rd round picks difference between him and the next guys, Elam, Cyprien, swearginer. A third round pick could be a Kevin Riddick, kiko alonso, Brandon Jenkins, Michael Buchanan, chris Faulk etc etc.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I would probably trade 1 or 2 spots up for him if he's there and SF loses Goldson in FA, you'd probably make the move, he is really really good IMO. But not worth giving up a 3rd round pick for. The 3rd round is the strength of this draft on paper.

To be honest, the moment the 49ers traded Alex Smith away and got pick #33 in the 2nd round, I felt that the Ravens would trade out of that spot. Some team wants to see what the 9ers will do at 31 and then jump in front of them to take a player that may have fell to #32 that the Ravens aren't interested in. Maybe a division rival like the Rams or Cards possibly. Just a hunch.

I'm officially behind the pick armstead at 32 bandwagon, just watched every play he was in on the east west shrine and the senior bowl. He had the strength to dominate the bull rush, in fact most rushers ended up on their [profanity deleted]. The speed rushers he has the quick feet to shuffle and long arms to just push the rusher on past the QB and give a clean pocket to step into.

He's quick and athletic putting in blocks in the second level on the run.

I want him