Page 330 of 333 FirstFirst ... 328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,949 to 3,960 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

There are just so many things that you could schematically do with Tavon Austin. Derrick Mason was the first true WR that Joe Flacco had who could get open. However, that window only lasted two good years. By the end of 2010, he was successfully being singled covered well on all of his best routes.

Torrey Smith started doing a better job of getting open once Caldwell started mixing up some of his routes.

This cat will get open from day one. Mismatches on LBs. Mismatches on Ss.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I don't think I'd want Austin with Cam as OC, but now that we have someone competent, I'm all for it.

Oof. IMO the only chance the Ravens draft Austin is if they release at least Jones. There's just too many holes in the defense to warrant drafting a WR in round 1. Austin is sexy, yes, but the Ravens believe in substance first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Oof. IMO the only chance the Ravens draft Austin is if they release at least Jones. There's just too many holes in the defense to warrant drafting a WR in round 1. Austin is sexy, yes, but the Ravens believe in substance first.
    The Ravens also believe in playmakers and studs.

Anyone interested in getting a post-combine mock going? We'll try and make some better rules to speed it up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Anyone interested in getting a post-combine mock going? We'll try and make some better rules to speed it up
    I'd be up for it again, as along as we have more dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    +1
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Looking at pass rushers these days. Even those that may be projects.

I just started looking at Jamie Collins again...much closer than I did back in Sep/Oct.
    His measurables scream "explosive" and you see that on film...only about half the time though.
    He's both quick and fast, but he needs more pop, way more aggressive hands and a consistent motor.
    Too bad about his energy-level, b/c if he improved his hands and put on another 10 lbs then he would be in Aldon Smith territory, physically. [slight difference in wing span].

As a result 1) I don't see him getting free of most NFL OTs until his hands improve and he strengthens his uppper body, and 2) I don't see us take him as a project, b/c he doesn't play like he "loves football". As cliche as that is, Ozzie does indeed value that intangible and has mentioned it time-and-time again.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    THANK YOU! So everyone, put 40 yard dashes and bench press behind you. The only useful thing from the combine are the interviews
    Not exactly true. It gives some small school guys an opportunity to get noticed by posting good numbers, then coaches go, "Wow!", then go back and look at the game tape they may have not seen. Also, when a guy puts up numbers that don't seem to match the tape, the coaches can say, "Did I miss something?", and go back and look at the tape again. Yeah, it boils down to the tape, but the combine forces coaches to take closer looks at those tapes. I'll bet there are guys that are now on the radar that were not there pre-combine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I believe a better idea of substance would be taking the person you believe will become the better pro player. You don't take a DT or ILB over Austin if you feel that Austin will 'certainly' become the better pro player. That's why certain teams continue to draft in the top 10 year after year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd volunteer, but bear in mind, I don't know ANYTHING about these players past what I can find on draft sites...

But if you're struggling to find people, I'll do my HW when I call in my picks :)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'd volunteer, but bear in mind, I don't know ANYTHING about these players past what I can find on draft sites...

But if you're struggling to find people, I'll do my HW when I call in my picks :)
    I'd love to have you on board because you're an active poster here. I'd rather have you over a draft expert who never posts here.