Page 327 of 333 FirstFirst ... 325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 3,913 to 3,924 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The McClain contract definitely looks like a mistake, but I have a bit of a hard time seeing them cutting him a year after the deal was signed. His health is the key question here... if he's not going to be a contributor in 2013, then yes, he should be released. But if they get a good report from the doctors, etc. I see them keeping him around and hoping for a bounce-back type of year with (hopefully) better DL play in front of him and a better pass rush to help in coverage.

It's just way too glib to pronounce McClain gone when we could EASILY lose Ellerbe next year (I put the odds at about 50/50.) I don't feel good about McClain starting next to a rookie or Josh Bynes, but I feel even WORSE if he's NOT there.
    I agree. I just have a feeling that he won't be healthy enough to play. Hopefully I'm wrong.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-history-again

In the same year that Joe Flacco won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter predicts the quarterback will make NFL history again. This time, it will be off the field.

"If (the deal with the Ravens) does get done, it will make Joe Flacco the highest-paid player in NFL history," Schefter said on SportsCenter.

Saints quarterback Drew Brees became the highest-paid player in the history of professional football seven months ago, when he signed a five-year, $100 million contract. That included $60 million guaranteed in the first three years.

The Ravens have until March 4 to reach a long-term deal before having to place the franchise tag on Flacco to keep him off the free-agent market.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In other words, let's go 8 - 8 then release Sanchez in 2014... Bc
    Yep! lol, cant go from a complete mess to a contender. They are gonna have to go thru a transition period whether Rex's mouth likes it or not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Stewart Bradley has been cut by the Cards. Don't know much about him. Is he a potential ravens acquisition?
    I always liked Bradley. He went to Arizona, but didn't seem like he was ever really given a shot. Not that I'm surprised, Daryl Washington is a hell of a LB.

Bradley wouldn't cost much and when he was in Philly, he was better in coverage than against the run. Good size too.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bradley wouldn't cost much and when he was in Philly, he was better in coverage than against the run. Good size too.
    Agreed with this. A real hit to his career with that injury, but I think he'd be worth a shot here. Ellerbe - Bradley - Rookie (hopefully Reddick IMO) looks solid ot me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Agreed with this. A real hit to his career with that injury, but I think he'd be worth a shot here. Ellerbe - Bradley - Rookie (hopefully Reddick IMO) looks solid ot me
    I don't know...two guys (Ellerbe / Bradley) with recent injury history, and a rookie, doesn't seem solid to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't know...two guys (Ellerbe / Bradley) with recent injury history, and a rookie, doesn't seem solid to me... Bc
    Gotta work with you got

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I may not be the best at this but is this realistic chances or everyone?

Joeckel - 1st overall
    L Johnson- top 20
    E Fisher - top 20

the realistic guys that might be able to play LT
    Watson 2-3
    Kyle Long 2-3
    Chris Faulk 3-4
    Aboushi 3-4

outside that im not sure anybody really has an ability to move to the left side as the others seem to be better run blockers than pass blockers. aboushi looked to have really bad feet at the senior bowl so even considering him is probably pushing it. Good LTs dont go later in the draft for a reason, and frankly if youre not getting one early you might as well get the best RT you can to put there anyway, so really even the guys the project to RT and are better run blockers should still be considered, so Fluker and Williams who might lack the speed/agility to be pass blockers could still be better options than a low level FA or what we have.

basically I wouldnt be upset with any of those guys and I think all of them will be gone by the start of the 5th.
    I actually think Kansas takes fisher first. He's gaining A lot of momentum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    more than Johnson? I know Johnson was projected a little lower initially but i think hes easily worked himself into the conversation. I think its plausible all 3 go top 10 really. I think youre talking about 3 of the top 10 prospects in the entire draft so realistically they should.

Chiefs, Jags, Raiders, Eagles, Lions, Cardinals, Bills, Titans, and Chargers (11) Dolphins (12). Could all realistically use a top flight T. I dont see any of them making it to far really, despite my "top 20" tag, which really I should have had listed at top 12, i guess.
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    No way. Fisher is a hell of a prospect, but he isnt anywhere near as good of a run blocker as Joeckel is.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries
    @AlbertBreer: Talks between Ravens and Flacco's agnt could pick up again tonite or tomorrow by phone. Told it's been fine, but there are gaps to bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

What's this I hear about Jim Irsay, in a recent interview, claiming that Bill Polian wanted to trade Peyton Manning prior to the 2004 season?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @AlbertBreer: Talks between Ravens and Flacco's agnt could pick up again tonite or tomorrow by phone. Told it's been fine, but there are gaps to bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Prob to do with guaranteed money.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner