Page 322 of 333 FirstFirst ... 320321322323324 ... LastLast
Results 3,853 to 3,864 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I agree. His hands are both average and inconsistent. We should have cut him after the playoff loss to the Steelers back in 2010.
    I dont think they should get rid of him, but to think he has "great" hands is not accurate. He excelled once he was put in the slot vs Lber's and Safeties. We did catch a break once Talib went down in the AFCCG no one can deny that! I like Boldin as a slot guy, mini TE type. He isn't a #1 or #2 WR anymore with his speed and age.

Blog Entries

If boldin played the way he did in the playoffs everygame nobody would have an issue with him or his cap number. Problem is he doesnt always play like that and hes certainly had a lot of drops. Part of his inconsistency in getting open and holding onto the ball which can explain part of flaccos inconsistencies. I love boldin but i wouldnt say hes without flaws.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ricky Jean Francois is a bit on the small side to play NT, but he did well in limited action for the 49ers. He'd have been better off playing there instead of Soapago. The league is requiring more and more speedy players all over the front 7, and players who can play every down. The big hefty nose tackles that are 340 lbs + are starting to vanish, maybe this would be a good signing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ricky Jean Francois is a bit on the small side to play NT, but he did well in limited action for the 49ers. He'd have been better off playing there instead of Soapago. The league is requiring more and more speedy players all over the front 7, and players who can play every down. The big hefty nose tackles that are 340 lbs + are starting to vanish, maybe this would be a good signing.
    He didn't really play NT for them...he was more, or less, function in the capacity to which we use Art Jones. However, in nickel/dime sets it would be nice to have more of a run stopper to line up/spell Ngata. Jean-Francois is pretty underrated IMO. I think he'd be a great addition as a rotational DL'man for Baltimore.

Maybe he could play NT here? I'm not sure. SF used Sopoaga as their NT.

Honestly, I think Dean Pees should really slide Ngata over to NT. It's not like he wouldn't function well there. Keep Cody as a depth player. Then let McPhee, Art Jones, DeAngelo Tyson, and <Insert Player's Name Here> compete to start at 5-tech DE's. This solves a lot of problems without having to shift base-front schemes to a 4-3. IMO, this makes a lot of sense. Furthermore, a lot of other team's centers are usually the smallest OL'man and in some circumstances they are the most inexperienced. I think Ngata lined up over center could do some major damage.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He didn't really play NT for them...he was more, or less, function in the capacity to which we use Art Jones. However, in nickel/dime sets it would be nice to have more of a run stopper to line up/spell Ngata. Jean-Francois is pretty underrated IMO. I think he'd be a great addition as a rotational DL'man for Baltimore.

Maybe he could play NT here? I'm not sure. SF used Sopoaga as their NT.

Honestly, I think Dean Pees should really slide Ngata over to NT. It's not like he wouldn't function well there. Keep Cody as a depth player. Then let McPhee, Art Jones, DeAngelo Tyson, and <Insert Player's Name Here> compete to start at 5-tech DE's. This solves a lot of problems without having to shift base-front schemes to a 4-3. IMO, this makes a lot of sense. Furthermore, a lot of other team's centers are usually the smallest OL'man and in some circumstances they are the most inexperienced. I think Ngata lined up over center could do some major damage.
    I'm also on the Ngata to NT bandwagon, in his older years, he'd be best served playing there with fewer snaps. We'd probably need an elite talent at either one of the DE positions if Ngata moves to NT though because while Art Jones, McPhee, and a guy like Francois are solid players, they aren't players teams will be terrified of in the film room, like a JJ Watt or a Haloti Ngata.

Thats why I'm not against drafting someone like Datone Jones or a Margus Hunt.

Blog Entries

Sources: The @NFL salary cap has been sent to clubs. It is set at $123 million. Up from $120.6M

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Sources: The @NFL salary cap has been sent to clubs. It is set at $123 million. Up from $120.6M
    Good news for teams like us then, I guess.

Loving it. Our chances of keeping Boldin and Reed just went up. Now if we could only get Joe signed before March 12.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Loving it. Our chances of keeping Boldin and Reed just went up. Now if we could only get Joe signed before March 12.
    I think it's damn near critical to retain Ellerbe since we're losing Ray. I guess it's one guy at a time, starting with Flacco...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilsons saying its 123.9 million, if thats true even better.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Ravens' new salary-cap figure is $105.919 million with Lewis, Birk retirements. So, $17.981 mil in space under reported limit of $123.9 mil

Blog Entries

Every little bit helps.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

It's 123.9 million now apparently.