Page 321 of 333 FirstFirst ... 319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,852 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm arriving late to the party so please forgive me if missed other points being made about Boldin versus Da'rick Rogers. Are you relying on the "eye test" to validate the claim that Boldin made his living catching with his body more than his hands?
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    You can say Boldin is slow and doesn't get separation but can't say he has bad hands. He has his drops but the majority of his catches are away from his body.
    I didn't say he had bad hands. If he gets his hands on the ball he's going to hang on 99 out of 100 times, although he's not quite at Reggie Wayne/etc. level of hand strength. He just lets the ball get into his body a lot. I could show you plenty of examples, but just from the playoff run:

Lots of catches allowed into his body... it's just not textbook catching, but it works fine. I SHOULD have phrased it in my earlier post that Da'Rick Rogers catching technique is very similar to Boldin's, and that both of them work OK despite not being technically ideal--that's what I meant even if I didn't say it well.

Blog Entries

Man, I'll take a veteran like Casey Hampton and a mid round DT, and call it a day.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

According to Aaron Wilson, Ricky Jean-Francois is on the Raven's radar.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    According to Aaron Wilson, Ricky Jean-Francois is on the Raven's radar.
    Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I didn't say he had bad hands. If he gets his hands on the ball he's going to hang on 99 out of 100 times, although he's not quite at Reggie Wayne/etc. level of hand strength. He just lets the ball get into his body a lot. I could show you plenty of examples, but just from the playoff run:

Lots of catches allowed into his body... it's just not textbook catching, but it works fine. I SHOULD have phrased it in my earlier post that Da'Rick Rogers catching technique is very similar to Boldin's, and that both of them work OK despite not being technically ideal--that's what I meant even if I didn't say it well.
    I understand your point. Rogers is intriguing prospect. I think he might be gone by the time the Ravens would be interested.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Boldin has average hands, lets not forget he dropped 2 balls in the SB, one at the 10 yard line slant route that almost resulted in an interception when he was wide open. Boldin has inconsistent hands. He cant create separation on the outside, and did better as 3rd option and against Lbers and Safeties. He was like Shannon Sharpe under Caldwell. He is a small TE at this point. We got lucky Talib pulled a hamstring vs NE in the first quarter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Man, I'll take a veteran like Casey Hampton and a mid round DT, and call it a day.
    I'm for that. Hampton playing 20-30 snaps a veteran minimum would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    I'm for that. Hampton playing 20-30 snaps a veteran minimum would be nice.
    Pass... We need a long term solution.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Boldin has average hands, lets not forget he dropped 2 balls in the SB, one at the 10 yard line slant route that almost resulted in an interception when he was wide open. Boldin has inconsistent hands. He cant create separation on the outside, and did better as 3rd option and against Lbers and Safeties. He was like Shannon Sharpe under Caldwell. He is a small TE at this point. We got lucky Talib pulled a hamstring vs NE in the first quarter.
    LOL ... Boldin is a "defensive" WR, who can snatch the ball away from just about any DBack he faces. He was a huge force in the playoffs, and is one of Joe's "go-to" guys. You can post any kind of negativity you want, but it's plain to see that Q would be a welcomed back WR in 2013... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Pass... We need a long term solution.
    You may not want him to start right away though. That could be a lot to handle and expect him to play well. You are still going to need depth. Right now, you don't have much at that spot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There are certain routes and certains balls that requires one to either use their hands, body or both. I don't have an issue with Boldin using his body to make catches. If you want to argue that he does it too much you're going to have to compare to all the other receivers in the league and I don't believe there's a single # out there that quantifies how often a receiver uses his hands, body or both.

I agree. His hands are both average and inconsistent. We should have cut him after the playoff loss to the Steelers back in 2010.