Page 315 of 333 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 3,769 to 3,780 of 3987
  1. #3769

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)



    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Where are we getting money to sign a guy like Jake Long?
    Keep Joe's cap number for 2013 at 10 or less, release Jones and Leach. Extend Boldin and save at least 2.5 for 2013 on him and I think you can do it.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #3770

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The bleach incident?
    I still don't buy that one. What mother in her right mind waits an entire month to report that bleach was poured on her in front of her son and that some even got on her son?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #3771
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I still don't buy that one. What mother in her right mind waits an entire month to report that bleach was poured on her in front of her son and that some even got on her son?
    Suggs and his wife have a complicated relationship. After the bleach incident (which was a few years ago), there was a domestic disturbance incident this year, where there was a court injunction filed by her to have him turn in all his guns (He did so voluntarily, so that part was making a mountain out of a molehill). A few weeks later the court dismissed everything...because they had gotten married and she declined to pursue it.

    Just...crazy tumultuous relationship, but who can define love?
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #3772
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, basically what you're saying is you have no idea about Suggs, but heard rumors and decided that was enough to essentially call him a criminal to support your argument.

    You also forgot Andy Moeller (Multiple DUI's) and David Reed (possession).

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    So what you're saying is, you didn't even bother to check those photos that the website posted back in 08? It was clearly him beating some guy up back in 2003. I think he picked his life up after he signed the new contract here, and realized what life was about, he's even stated this multiple times in interviews.




  5. #3773
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,955
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Suggs and his wife have a complicated relationship. After the bleach incident (which was a few years ago), there was a domestic disturbance incident this year, where there was a court injunction filed by her to have him turn in all his guns (He did so voluntarily, so that part was making a mountain out of a molehill). A few weeks later the court dismissed everything...because they had gotten married and she declined to pursue it.

    Just...crazy tumultuous relationship, but who can define love?
    He married a crazy you know what. Hope he got a pre nup.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  6. #3774
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Getting of the Suggs subject, point stands, I'd be happy with Desmond Bryant. He is secretly a very good player on a very very bad defense. He'd instantly fit into the Cory Redding role, and could let Ngata move to NT where he can be really destructive with fewer snaps.

    I could really care less about some criminal mischief as reported. What is that anyway?




  7. #3775
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That is such an overused term. Gooden had good measurables long before the combine and his tape isn't as bad as you're making him out to be. Sure, he's a bit raw and inconsistent, but he closes well and is also pretty decent in coverage. He's the kind of hybrid linebacker who could actually cover a speedy tight end. He disappeared at times, but he also had a pretty decent Senior Bowl.

    I don't expect him to be great from the outset, but he certainly has the potential to be pretty good. That's what you can expect from a draft pick at the back of the 4th round or so. Non-existent football IQ my ass. The guy was a safety that Missouri decided to turn into a middle linebacker. It takes time to learn a position, and he's probably better suited as an outside linebacker in the NFL anyway. But I'm intrigued by a guy with the kind of versatility he can bring to the table, especially against the fast offenses that are being installed across the league.
    I don't think it is an overused term at all.

    It actually fits the bill of a lot of guys who get combine invites. Some guys are just able to do really well (and in some cases, dominate) in college because they are just naturally big, strong, and fast.

    The history of the NFL draft is littered with guys who just blew away scouts and coaches during combine performances, but on the field they were knuckleheads and just weren't very good football players. They lacked fundamentals and relied far too much on their athleticism.

    I'm not saying that Zaviar Gooden can't or won't turn into a good pro. Like you said, he was a safety who dropped down to LB. Much like Ogletree and Khaseem Greene out of Rutgers.

    What I'm saying is that the Missouri games I saw, he never really stood out. He did ok, but at no point during the game did he consistently do something to grab my attention and go "wow! Who is that guy?!"

    I do agree that the Ravens need to get some speed and athleticism at linebacker, and maybe the guy would do well in Baltimore. If they draft him, great. I would just rather see them draft Kiko Alonso or Khaseem Greene if they were looking for a ridiculously athletic linebacker.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #3776
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    I don't know what to think of Gooden as a prospect, but I think it's unfair to use T Gooden as a reason not to draft the kid, just because they had similar attributes coming out of college and shared the same last name. Zavier Gooden could end up being a totally different player, we don't know that. There are plenty of raw athletic LBs who come out and develop into very solid players in the NFL.




  9. #3777
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,232
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Looks like everyone's hopes for Terrence Knighton to Baltimore are diminished. Denver are interested according to rotoworld.




  10. #3778
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So what you're saying is, you didn't even bother to check those photos that the website posted back in 08? It was clearly him beating some guy up back in 2003. I think he picked his life up after he signed the new contract here, and realized what life was about, he's even stated this multiple times in interviews.
    What, you've never gotten in a fight on the court before?

    Dude, I'm not disagreeing with you that you can't win in the NFL with a team full of choir boys.

    What I am saying is that - regardless of Bryant's brush with the law - he's never been that great of a player.

    I also find it funny that a few days ago regarding a post about Cullen Jenkins you practically scoffed and claimed that "The Ravens need a run stopping DT...not someone like Cullen Jenkins" and now, here you are making a case why the Ravens need a player like Bryant because he is a good pass rushing DE/DT (which Jenkins is too...who also has experience in a 3-4...which Bryant does not).
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #3779
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't know what to think of Gooden as a prospect, but I think it's unfair to use T Gooden as a reason not to draft the kid, just because they had similar attributes coming out of college and shared the same last name. Zavier Gooden could end up being a totally different player, we don't know that. There are plenty of raw athletic LBs who come out and develop into very solid players in the NFL.
    I think that was meant to be more of a joke than anything.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #3780
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,365
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Looks like everyone's hopes for Terrence Knighton to Baltimore are diminished. Denver are interested according to rotoworld.
    Giants also re-signed William Beatty.

    5 year, $38 mill I believe.

    So, avg's about 7.6 mill per year.

    Maybe the Ravens could afford Jake Long? haha
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland